Negri or mols

Right, let's try again folks with the question

"they were both in their prime"

Negri had 30 goals. 30 GOALS

Was Mols anywhere near this? As great as he was he was nowhere near was he?

So all you guys who voted Mols are voting against a goal machine scoring double what he was scoring? Seriously?
Can you tell me what i am missing here?
That Mols was a much better all round player and genuinely alongside the most skilful players ever to have played for us. If youre using just goals then you could argue having Boyd or Kenny Miller ahead of Mols.

So all you guys who voted Mols are voting against a goal machine scoring double what he was scoring? Seriously?
He was fuckin infantile, a manchild who threw his toys out of the pram halfway through the season & therefore contributed 2 us losing 10 in a row. Good enough?

Should've made a poll for shits and giggles . Mols just to be clear . Negri was on an amazing run for a short time but Mols was so unbelievable skillful .

Mols, I was in Munich the night of 'that injury' heartbreaking that we were robbed of a very special player.
He played with a smile on his face & he was joy to watch.

If you were around when both were playing for Rangers you are missing any sort of knowledge or appreciation of the game of football.

Mols in those first few months at Rangers was better than any Rangers player I ever saw in our colours.

A huge case of what could've been (similar to another unique talent in Ian Durrant) but he was definitely a class above Marco Negri who was simply a finisher.

Get negri to %^*&

Anyone wanting a photo with that absolute charlatan isn't quite right in my opinion

He cost us something very special and now swans about with the likes of albertz and mols like he is some sort of legend

As you can guess I can't stand the man

Trying not to be sarcastic here. But it seems what you're missing might be the use of your eyes.

Just to be clear, Michael Mols was, in his prime, potentially going to be among the top 5 Rangers players of all time.

It doesn't matter if Negri had 30, 40 or 50 goals.

Had Molswent through Khan and not try and be nice then we would have won the champions league that year
Settle down eh
Why don’t u settle down hen
Because I’m not the one saying we would of won the champions league hen

giphy.gif

Mols, whilst not prolific in the CL was at least not out of place at that level. Negri played in a team which couldnt even get to the group stages. Negri(and the team) were found wanting. The op asks 'in their prime?'. That post 30 goal spell was part of Negri' s prime. You cannot have that 30 goal spell without the dross he displayed afterwards.

I agree mols was unbelievable in his 3 months before that bloody night in Munich and would of went on to become a legend for us.
By same token if negri has carried on his scoring exploits he could of possible broke all scoring records in that season.
No doubt mols the better player by far but negri was just a pure goal machine(for 5 months)
Mols in full flow was sublime to watch. Negri...back of the net

Mols in those first few months I must admit astonished me how good he was , one of my biggest regrets along with Durrants injury, could have taken us to the next level we all craved. Biggest compliment I can pay him was he had the potential to be more effective than laudrup.
Oh in terms of the question Negri was totally dependent on the other ten, as apart from being a fantastic finished he was a rather limited footballer. Mols could conjure a goal from nothing playing for Albion Rovers

Last edited:
Was having this debate with my mate if you had a choice and they were both in there prime playing for us who would you have?
Mols just edged it for me and he went negri.
Thoughts?

Mols , simply terrific player , pre injury - best player I’d ever seen . Those twists n turns and wonder goals -wonderful

Mols, whilst not prolific in the CL was at least not out of place at that level. Negri played in a team which couldnt even get to the group stages. Negri(and the team) were found wanting. The op asks 'in their prime?'. That post 30 goal spell was part of Negri' s prime. You cannot have that 30 goal spell without the dross he displayed afterwards.
Well the conversation we were having was about his 30 goal spell before the eye injury.

Mols is our joint top Champions Leagues scorer.(Group stages and beyond)

Him & Lovenkrands both have 5.

Mols v PSV x2
v Stum Graz
v Monaco
v Panathinikos

3 of them coming post knee injury.

I cant undeerstand how Marco is being dismissed so easily. If you could have his first half a season for a full season every season you win every leauge title he plays in. Mols was a better footballer and I'd rather watch him play than Negri however I couldnt pick who would be better for the team both would be welcome in my team.

It's a close call, much closer than most in this thread are claiming. I get that people don't like Negri but you're dismissing a 60 goal a season player far too easily.

It's a close call, much closer than most in this thread are claiming. I get that people don't like Negri but you're dismissing a 60 goal a season player far too easily.
He isnt a 60 goal a season player. He scored 36 goals in 39 games that season. The 60 goals is a complete hypothetical based on his form to December, even without the mystery injury his form might still have went to shit. I hadn't realised he played as many games as he did during the 2nd half of the season, for some reason my memory of it is he missed months with the injury but looking at the stats he missed a few games.

Still a cracking amount of goals in 1 season but i would probably have Morelos before i would have Negri. Theres very few other forward players i would have before a pre-injury Mols.

Well the conversation we were having was about his 30 goal spell before the eye injury.

Fair enough, but almost no Rangers supporter who witnessed Negri's career here can arbitrarily separate that 30 goal Negri from the waster he quickly turned into.

I'm still unsure who the 'real ' Marco Negri was; the prolific goal scoring machine or the moody, lazy cu.nt.

Apologies OP, but this must be up there with the most stupidest question of all time on FF, and believe me that's saying something.
As witnessed by the answers on this stupid thread.:))

Back