Negri or mols

Strange reaction this thread. Comparing a goal a game striker to another great striker using a comparison of stale stensas v numan?

Who done more for Rangers, that is easy it was Mols. Who was a dick at Ibrox, Negri. But these weren't the questions.

The saddest part is we seen neither of them fulfil their potential.

Mols, both in talent and attitude. Negri turned out to be a moody fu.cker resulting in his performance levels suffering.

Totally different types but shouldn't even be a debate, Mols was levels above Negri and could have been anything in the game if it wasn't for that injury!! Loved him as a player for us, any time he got the ball you had that anticipation/excitement knowing what he could do!! Especially back to goal with that turn of his, genuine world class and a Rangers legend in my eyes, one of my favourite ever players!!

Mols for me. Marco had the better scoring record but Michael offered much more to the team. I’m also influenced by the fact my son chose Mols on his shirt. He said it was because he liked him. Me? I thought it was because it was cheaper!

PS I saw him do that touch and turn in the Legends match against Liverpool. Not only did it roll the years back, it also showed some of today’s players how football should be played.

Mols was a very special player. One those that you can tell people you seen the “Mols turn.”

Mols avoids injury that night and he’d be talked about amongst our greatest ever players.
He could do things that were truly jaw dropping on a football pitch.

He avoids Kahn that night and we would have beaten Bayern and had a real chance of going far in the CL.

Quick someone start a thread so I can find out who you’d pick between Morelos and Sandaza!

It’s Mols by the length of the Clyde, he’s one of the most gifted players I’ve ever had the privilege to watch.

I'd take Mols, but alot of folk commenting are forgetting how good Negri was in that half season.

He didn't get 30 odd off his arse. Lobs, both feet, headers, tap ins, shots on the turn, shots from distance were all going in with frightening regularity.

He would just get the ball somewhere and then it would be in the net. At the time I loved him not celebrating - thought he was just an ice cold goalscorer.

The first game I was at after Mols signed was a 3-0 win at home v Aberdeen.

There was a couple of hundred Utrecht fans in the Broomloan who had travelled all the way from Holland to thank Mols for what he had done for their club. That’s how good Michael Mols was in his prime.

Negri could have got us 10 in a row if it wasn’t for his mystery eye injury in December. He had scored 30 goals up to then. Still not explained properly as far as I’m concerned.

Mols all day long.

Imagine both fit and on form for us :oops:

Negroi doesn't get his eye injury we probably win 10IAR, dick comes in, buys Mols and with that pairing upfront we do something special in Europe.

If and buts of course but that pairing would be frighteningly good imo

Mols without doubt.

was the Van Basten of his era before the injury. Never seen close control, link up and snap shot play like it.

For the short period of time we got to see mols at his peak he was up there with the best forwards in Europe

I struggle to get the Mols all day long etc.

The question was "at their prime."
Negri was head and shoulders above anything we had had since maybe Jim Forrest in the scoring stakes. 30 goals. How many could he have gotten? The man was a goal machine that season. Pure and simple.

For that reason he wins the question asked by the OP.
Anyone disagree?

However i still love Mols just for his smile and love for the game which moody baws never showed.

Forget emotions guys. Numbers show Negri was better than Mols.

Debate i am wrong and why.

Not sure if serious op,Michael mould is the best upcoming star I’ve ever seen play at Ibrox,followed only by Alfredo Morelos.In fact I was adamant at the time that moms was only leaving us for the likes of Man Utd,Bayern,and Real,again Very similar to how I feel about Alfredo.
But Mols was much better,Mols played like a striker who had technique the world had never seen before,and I mean that,before Mickey I had never seen a CF move defenders like he could.

Mols absolutely. What an exceptional player he was. When you think about how we're talking about how good Morelos is just now and how good he could be. I often wonder just how good Mols could have been and where he would have went with us and beyond - he was truly exceptional. His ability to turn on the ball and get shot off was like nothing I've seen in a long time.

I struggle to get the Mols all day long etc.

The question was "at their prime."
Negri was head and shoulders above anything we had had since maybe Jim Forrest in the scoring stakes. 30 goals. How many could he have gotten? The man was a goal machine that season. Pure and simple.

For that reason he wins the question asked by the OP.
Anyone disagree?

However i still love Mols just for his smile and love for the game which moody baws never showed.

Forget emotions guys. Numbers show Negri was better than Mols.

Debate i am wrong and why.

Very few have answered the question on anyting other than Negri was a cnt, which he was!

Why is this even a discussion, if my mate said Negri I’d have knocked him out and never spoken to him again. Mild by the length of Edmiston Drive and some!!

I’d pick Mols but it much closer than this thread would have you believe. Mols had the tricks turns and link up play and Negri was just pure finisher. Different types

Mols, not just for how good he was but absolutely got us and became one of us also a total gentleman.
%^*& Negri tbh.

Mols by a country mile. If he hadn't got Injured in Munich he would be spoken about in the same tones as the prince of Denmark.

Mols, he was one of the best strikers in Europe at the time.

His injury is possibly the worst football related thing ever to happen to us.

Right, let's try again folks with the question

"they were both in their prime"

Negri had 30 goals. 30 GOALS

Was Mols anywhere near this? As great as he was he was nowhere near was he?

So all you guys who voted Mols are voting against a goal machine scoring double what he was scoring? Seriously?
Can you tell me what i am missing here?

Latest posts

Back