NEH: A Professional Opinion

Any "gig space" will live or die by its bookings. People will travel if they want to see the artists on show.

NEH will need to market and price itself to attract decent bands and shows to grow as a new venue within Glasgow.

It's not rocket science, it's the exactly the same issue any venue in the city has with regards to attracting custom.

I can see why the OP is positive to the opening of such a venue in close proximity to his establishment as it may result in a wider regeneration of the area and make it possible for him to open on other days/nights where it wasn't profitable to do so before.
One thing it could do to attract bands as a new venue is not to rip them off re merchandise sales. A big issue is some venues taking more than 25% of merchandise revenues. Letting bands keep that would be big attraction to upcoming bands.

One thing it could do to attract bands as a new venue is not to rip them off re merchandise sales. A big issue is some venues taking more than 25% of merchandise revenues. Letting bands keep that would be big attraction to upcoming bands.
You would hope that the marketing team were on top of this kind of strategy. We can't just expect to win bookings just because its Rangers.

Obviously there will be bookings for supporters clubs nights etc. but for it to be successful as a venue it needs to attract a more diverse clientele.

Cheers for the feedback Robert, pity you can’t share your opinion on what is the closest thing to yourself because of what other people say but I understand
Always some lunatic looking for meanings that aren't there. As you said it's a pity that someone in the same business can't voice an opinion or even suggest some minor tweaks.

I’ve got a couple of pals in the pub game and their comment on the bar was they would have liked to have seen double the amount of tills and taps.

They were very impressed with the rest of the set up though, and think it will be a very good gig venue in particular.

Some of the boys from my bus also thoroughly enjoyed their visit.

Fingers crossed this is a money spinner for us for a long time to come.
The pub game?
The fucking PUB GAME!?

It's no a game, son! :cool:

I’ve got a couple of pals in the pub game and their comment on the bar was they would have liked to have seen double the amount of tills and taps.

They were very impressed with the rest of the set up though, and think it will be a very good gig venue in particular.

Some of the boys from my bus also thoroughly enjoyed their visit.

Fingers crossed this is a money spinner for us for a long time to come.
You don't need to cross them mate.. Its guaranteed.

Cha ching.

You would hope that the marketing team were on top of this kind of strategy. We can't just expect to win bookings just because its Rangers.

Obviously there will be bookings for supporters clubs nights etc. but for it to be successful as a venue it needs to attract a more diverse clientele.
The most important thing to remember here is that we hired an experienced music individual in dave pyatt the NEH general manager who was the O2 Academy manager in London previously That experience alone will help attract the right sort of acts to NEH.

Just going to chuck this out there.

Would you go to a concert at a celtic venue?

It will have an impact
That would depend on the artist. If it was a band I really wanted to see then yes. If it was someone I had a passing interest in then possibly not.

You can love Rangers and also love certain bands/artists/ comedians etc. The venue would not necessarily be a factor in going to see them.

That would depend on the artist. If it was a band I really wanted to see then yes. If it was someone I had a passing interest in then possibly not.

You can love Rangers and also love certain bands/artists/ comedians etc. The venue would not necessarily be a factor in going to see them.
Fair enough, difficult one

After reading the above and in hindsight they will need something for the kids to do after the games as there were plenty in.
The usual kid zone with mini footy pitch looked like it was being ripped up yesterday.
Anyone know if any plans to recreate somewhere else?

It’s not just music acts we’re looking to attract. There will be conference options for product launches, comedians, YouTube influencers etc. my 2 daughters recently attended different kids events that absolutely put EH in the correct demographic. Probably upwards of 1000 at 1 and about 600 at another. Both booked by my Mrs who wouldn’t care less of it was a Celtic venue.

This is a big problem for bands. They end up having to charging £40 for t-shirts just to make a small profit.

Because it's a Rangers venue some people won't go or if they do they will probably result in hassle and vandalism.

Not sure some promoters will want the hassle.

I wouldn't go to stadium gigs at Parkhead.

This is a big problem for bands. They end up having to charging £40 for t-shirts just to make a small profit.
Where would the owners of the venue expect to make money on bookings? Is it booking fees, tickets (Inc fees), drink or a slice of the merch?

Or is it a combination?

Where would the owners of the venue expect to make money on bookings? Is it booking fees, tickets (Inc fees), drink or a slice of the merch?

Or is it a combination?
Would imagine a portion of the merch sales along with the hire of the venue, and food/drink sold inside. Whoever wants to hire would be quoted a price then they’d charge tickets to suit in order to make a profit themselves.

Or is it a combination?
Hire of the venue and drink sales.
Hopefully they will look kindly on the merch sales and this would, I imagine, make it easier for bands to book the venue and also help both parties make a profit.

Surely the paper cups aren’t here to stay?
I’d imagine they are.

Can’t see them handing out glassware and not seen the license so can’t say 100% but some are now handed out with a ban on single use plastic.

I’d imagine they are.

Can’t see them handing out glassware and not seen the license so can’t say 100% but some are now handed out with a ban on single use plastic.
leipzig had decent reusable plastic glasses. Would be much better

I passed by after the match yesterday and from what I could see the the fan zone looked really cool.
Nipped onto the shop/cafe area with my dad today and thought it looked quite decent, they have done a great job.
It’s a shame they didn’t get the ok for the multimedia screens on the outside wall.

I passed by after the match yesterday and from what I could see the the fan zone looked really cool.
Nipped onto the shop/cafe area with my dad today and thought it looked quite decent, they have done a great job.
It’s a shame they didn’t get the ok for the multimedia screens on the outside wall.

The screens are going in mate.

I think we did get permission but just waiting on it being fitted

When is first gig likely to be?
I don't know much about music scene but guess these things and touring take months of planning, or do they do quick turn arounds on short notice?

Just ignore the ones on here who have no idea how to run any hospitality outlet, that's why I'm not even replying to them
Empty vessels make the loudest noise
I have no idea how to run any hospitality outlet but I after my visit to Edmiston House I was really impressed by it. However just ignore me because I obviously don’t know what I’m talking about.

Back