Neil Alexander _ Tuesday Sport sound

Laudrup11Cooper

Been listening to all the radio shows from the states today just to see how the view this latest compliance travesty!

Anyway NA was on and was asked about the ‘McGregor incident’ and not surprisingly to the other people on the panel …his first response was to say that Greegsy was a good friend then he went onto explain how a goalkeeper would in all honesty deal with a forward coming in at pace and gave a damn good factual and plausible response as to why McGregor might catch a forward or as what normally happens catch a forward’s boot if he mistimes the interception or the worse the forward does!

Tried to explain to the host David Currie( sounds like he is about 11) that goalkeepers also come tor crosses with their legs raised …1/ to give them elevation 2/ to protect themselves.
Every time the matter about McGregor was raised… he deliberately shot it down every time with common sense and like I said very plausible reasons why what happened ……happened!

McGregor could do worse than have Neil Alexander there is a character witness. I doubt this compliance bimbo would understand even half of this reasoning but that again just shows yet again why she or ‘it’ are unfit for purpose!

So refreshing hear an ex Ger who incidentally got treated very shabbily by our club actually not only stick up for a friend and fellow keeper but the club in general.

Incidentally NA was on Sportsound last wednesday night apparently and he said exactly the same live on air that night as well. As did Willie Miller incidentally who didn't believe McGregor’s challenge merited even a booking!

Unlike a certain Derek Ferguson ex Ranger who took great delight in telling the world that McGregor in his opinion went to deliberately maime his kid!

With friends like this …who needs enemies!

And we replaced Neil Alexander with Simonsen!

Been listening to all the radio shows from the states today just to see how the view this latest compliance travesty!

Anyway NA was on and was asked about the ‘McGregor incident’ and not surprisingly to the other people on the panel …his first response was to say that Greegsy was a good friend then he went onto explain how a goalkeeper would in all honesty deal with a forward coming in at pace and gave a damn good factual and plausible response as to why McGregor might catch a forward or as what normally happens catch a forward’s boot if he mistimes the interception or the worse the forward does!

Tried to explain to the host David Currie( sounds like he is about 11) that goalkeepers also come tor crosses with their legs raised …1/ to give them elevation 2/ to protect themselves.
Every time the matter about McGregor was raised… he deliberately shot it down every time with common sense and like I said very plausible reasons why what happened ……happened!

McGregor could do worse than have Neil Alexander there is a character witness. I doubt this compliance bimbo would understand even half of this reasoning but that again just shows yet again why she or ‘it’ are unfit for purpose!

So refreshing hear an ex Ger who incidentally got treated very shabbily by our club actually not only stick up for a friend and fellow keeper but the club in general.

Incidentally NA was on Sportsound last wednesday night apparently and he said exactly the same live on air that night as well. As did Willie Miller incidentally who didn't believe McGregor’s challenge merited even a booking!

Unlike a certain Derek Ferguson ex Ranger who took great delight in telling the world that McGregor in his opinion went to deliberately maime his kid!

Neil Alexander Livi Legend

Felt sorry for him as a person doing so well in our run up to Manchester then McGregor walking straight back into the team but tbf McGregor was a far better keeper.

Charles Green screwed him over something chronic. Offered a reduced contract when he was due a raise yet dishing out wages to guys like Kevin Kyle and Ian Black.

Seen fellow fans abuse Alexander a few times because he took the club to tribunal. Yet he stayed in the first place and people welcomed McGregor back with open arms. Beggars belief.

Yeah I heard Mller saying that after the match,McGregor was only protecting himself as Freguson was coming in at speed..Didn't hear that dick Derek saying his son went out for revenge to deliberately maim McGregor

I liked Neil Alexander but he let himself down when he did an interview with the Retard and claimed he’d had to sell his house when Green reneged on his new deal.

NA was a good solid keeper, and a good backup to Mcgregor,, but to this day I think we might have won the uefa if shagger was in goals,, not that NA made any mistakes just that at the first goal he was slightly too slow coming out

What Am done was a bit mental and we were lucky to get away with it the time, ref seen it, it would better just to focus on the way its corrupted.... media scream for action as hes playing for Rangers, ref tells porkies to take the heat off himself for not dealing with and that allow tims at sfa to ban him... everyones a winner.

Then you have people like Roger Hannah or Keevins on radio saying oh well at least its been sorted now and hes got what he deserves. We can move on to the next attack of RFC.

Happens at the other end most people that are raging find it funny or simply just ignore it and focus on what was a right good game of football.

I have bundles of respect for Neil, a very decent keeper, who has been rightly recognised as the guy who played a crucial role in our UEFA cup run in 2008.
I always thought he was a good Rangers man.

Might be picking you up wrong, but don’t think there is any need to have a dig at Alexander. How many of our keepers have played in a uefa cup final. NA was a good keeper for us and can’t be accused of any wrongdoing or poor play.
Agreed, one of the good guys and a better keeper than most we've had in the last few years.

Alexander should have been given a 4 year deal in 2012.

Simonsen
Robinson
Bell

What a disgusting run of keepers.

The likes of Bell,Simonsen and Robinson replaced him.Truly worrying our club was being ran like that

Alexander could have still been in goals for us right up until we came back into the top flight.

He was a superb backup keeper to have during Walter's 2nd stint and did a great job when required at the end of both the 08 & 09 seasons.

1st rule of goalkeeping is protect your self by aiming a knee to nuts. Its a complete joke he has been hamnered fir that.

Its not a sneaky side kick which he has been guilty of previously, but a protective move againt a boy who previously and afterwards has left his foot in on him

Might be picking you up wrong, but don’t think there is any need to have a dig at Alexander. How many of our keepers have played in a uefa cup final. NA was a good keeper for us and can’t be accused of any wrongdoing or poor play.
Just a statement of fact M8 as is Andy Haliday as is Graham Dorrans Edit, forgot to add Marvin Andrews

Last edited:
Yeah I heard Mller saying that after the match,McGregor was only protecting himself as Freguson was coming in at speed..Didn't hear that dick Derek saying his son went out for revenge to deliberately maim McGregor

True ………

Ferguson saying Mcgregor in his view ‘did’ his kid but Lewis would never
reciprocate even although Ferguson himself admits to deliberately trying maime an opponent in the past.

Also if you value your health best ignoring all the other ‘noize’ before Ferguson has his say……and after!

This is the kind of rhetoric that has brought about what we have witnessed so publicly in the media in the last two weeks especially ……and we are not done!

Starts at approx 14:15

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070ghy2

Anybody catch today's sportsound podcast?? Kenny Miller, Ian McCall and Kris Commons discussing the shagger incident - not really a surprise what one of the 3 comes out in support of shagger and it isn't either of our ex-players.

Kenny Miller says he has been getting away with it most of the season and McCall thinks he has gone overboard with the challenge.

A very underrated keeper who served us very well. He was also easily good enough to see us back into the SPFL.I was very disappointed when he left and was treated disgracefully.
He always came across as a humble and decent person.

Anybody catch today's sportsound podcast?? Kenny Miller, Ian McCall and Kris Commons discussing the shagger incident - not really a surprise what one of the 3 comes out in support of shagger and it isn't either of our ex-players.

Kenny Miller says he has been getting away with it most of the season and McCall thinks he has gone overboard with the challenge.

I just listened to that portion yes Davie.
Again I will reiterate the point made earlier.

The people chosen for these shows are usually ex Rangers players who seem to have no or very little allegiance or anything to do now with the club.

They are chosen because they will not come out and solely defend the club no matter what.Needless to say Miller left in acrimonious circumstances and still holds some grudge.Hence his appearance on this particular show.
I will give him credit on the fact that he hasnt trashed the club so far on air…no matter how many times he is prompted by that strange adolescent who presents that particular radio show.

Miller’s comments today when asked on the ‘McGregor incident’ bordered firstly on pathetic when he claimed that Greegsy had been ‘getting away with it’ on more than one occasion this season.
Which is fn irrelevant Kenny… as the players are supposed to be judged on the incident from which they are getting cited. …and nothing else!

Secondly he described his sending off at Ibrox bearlier in the season as the same as Greegsy which is completely utter pish!
He made a challenge with studs showing and by the letter of the law endangered an opponent.Possibly with force to boot!
Unlike Greegsy who slid out to get a 50-50 ball and unfortunately for Ferguson slid out in a way that constituted having his legs up and caught him!
An action incidentally repeated more than likely up and down the UK accept no one else gets cited for it! Hugo Loris for one!!

This is what’s really wrong with the ‘pundit’ in todays media.
He doesnt need to have a brain or even know the rules of the game as most don’t and as Miller so proved today…he just needs to give ………an opinion!

That’s it!
The only qualification needed!t**b

An fn opinion …and suddenly that makes you fkcuing expert!
On anything!!
Eveything!!!

Another bonus …from social media!!

But of course ‘some people’ feel their opinion is more valid than others.
In fact …’some people’ feel theirs is the only opinion worthy of note!
And ‘some people’ believe …they know more about the game than a qualified person!
In fact ‘some people’ think ……they know it all!!

Pathetic how these people are held up as experts without being qualified in anything.They use to be called critics…and were not very popular in society.
Today now they are called ‘pundits’ and are glorified!
And they are killing our game!

It’s time to take back the power and leave those sad little people talking to themselves.

As someone said ignore the noize!
Dont talk about them dont tweet them in fact don’t mention them at all because as soon as you do…they get their power.
They should be ignored completely like a spoilt child in a playground.
Given a wide berth infact octracized in society.
Made to feel as small, and as irrelevant as they try and make others feel.

Trust me life will get better and may even return to normal where the people in pwer will be the ones with the knowledge not the ones with the biggest mouths!

The ‘Death of the Pundit’ needs to happen …and soon and then and only then can we try and take back the asylum.

I liked Neil Alexander but he let himself down when he did an interview with the Retard and claimed he’d had to sell his house when Green reneged on his new deal.

Why??? Cos it could have been the truth that Losing his income means not being able to sustain his lifestyle at time.
Some of our ‘fans’ really are brainless

Back