Neil Cameron - Is He Genuinely Damaged?

That is just the tip of the iceberg my friend.

Plus, as someone who’s main job is shaping the English language, his failure to do so whilst attempting to slag someone off is pretty ridiculous.
The continual scoffing at the "Grammar Police" is generally done by those who cant spell.

Were or where?
Too or to?
we or wee?

Complicated stuff obviously but do we blame the schools?

The continual scoffing at the "Grammar Police" is generally done by those who cant spell.

Were or where?
Too or to?
we or wee?

Complicated stuff obviously but do we blame the schools?

True. I don’t tend to pull people up for their grammar or spelling, but when you are a prominent journalist trying to make fun of someone on Twitter, you could at least try and get it right.

Have to say I have never heard of the guy or read any of his ramblings. If he is suffering from mental health and/or alcohol issues then he should clearly get help with his employer stepping in and making sure he does. Haven't a clue if the bloke is a bigot or not but down playing child abuse is simply wrong on every level and certainly suggests all is not well in his mind.

As someone who knows Neil from way back, I laugh when morons on here, who don’t know him from Adam, call him a bigot.

His many Rangers supporting pals, including season ticket holders for decades, pish themselves laughing at such rubbish.
Is he a fair and impartial sports journalist who writes about Scottish football in such a way that you could never tell if he had any particular allegiance?
Or is he a Filth fan let loose on a typewriter skewing the truth and telling lies about Rangers?

If he is the first, then fine, the use of the term 'moron' may well be justified, if however there is evidence of the second then why should a Rangers supporter who doesn't know the guy come to a different conclusion.
If it walks like a duck!

They're both cnts but I'd rather be a cnt who made a spelling mistake than one that hacked phones or fabricated images.

At 16 I did journalistic work experience during the summer at Seven Day Press many, many years ago at an offices on Bath Street, run by a journalist called Alec Gordon.

The staff was him, Mark Wilson, Craig Swan and a sheep botherer who's name escaped me and although a Celtic fan Neil was warm, charming, helpful and genuine. Then, he was a Celtic fan but not bitter in the slightest.

He's clearly been through some stuff since those days and it looks like he needs to take a step back from the world and get himself right.

I hope someone help him do just that.
Each to their own but the Gazza article was an absolute disgrace. Think he was also the author of a puff piece when Rodgers left saying what a great move it was by Celtic, article would have been turned down by the Celtic View for being too sycophantic

And what of his disgusting piece on the innocent victims of child abuse??

Never seen it. A link would help.

For the record, I met Cameron via a group of friends Many years ago and I was in his company a fair few times back in the day - probably around 15 to 20 years ago.

I actually bumped into him in a pub in Glasgow over Christmas and had a quick natter about pals and shit.

I only read about him, or see his pieces, on here and it makes me chuckle when folk who have never met him form their opinions of his beliefs vis-a-vis religion.

The vast majority of his pals, the guys he was brought up with and still meets up with are solid bears.

And what of his disgusting piece on the innocent victims of child abuse??

As a valued member of this forum who I have the utmost respect for, I find it utterly astounding that you somehow seemed to have missed his piece on CBC and the innocent victims of sustained child abuse.

Each to their own but the Gazza article was an absolute disgrace. Think he was also the author of a puff piece when Rodgers left saying what a great move it was by Celtic, article would have been turned down by the Celtic View for being too sycophantic

A strange post to quote if seeking to imply an error on my part.

There’s no defence of either of those articles/incidents in my post.

I spoke of my personal interactions of olde, and a wish for him to receive help from professionals if the issues alleged above - and seemingly apparent in his erratic social media postings - are remotely true.

Thanks for clearing that le suede, Mate.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that le suede, Mate.
That is what it is about and what’s more Morgan got it wrong. Replacing your with you’re does not make it correct as it was actually a simple typo putting your instead of you

Cameron is a nippy sweetie. Me thinks he's chosen the wrong line of work for someone so sensitive.

Never seen it. A link would help.

For the record, I met Cameron via a group of friends Many years ago and I was in his company a fair few times back in the day - probably around 15 to 20 years ago.

I actually bumped into him in a pub in Glasgow over Christmas and had a quick natter about pals and shit.

I only read about him, or see his pieces, on here and it makes me chuckle when folk who have never met him form their opinions of his beliefs vis-a-vis religion.

The vast majority of his pals, the guys he was brought up with and still meets up with are solid bears.

Well, plenty of us saw it and registered our disgust on it at the time. Forget any run-of-the-mill anti-Rangers bias for a moment if you can, and search for his sick article minimising child rape. Maybe then you'll excuse us for taking a pop at the prick.

Generally talks a pile of crap, gets called out on it, realises he’s an arsehole and throws a sickie. Lapses into customary navel gazing and self analysis, convinces himself he is sane, repeat ad nauseam.

Back