Neil Findlay MSP poses questions about the Rangers v Leverkusen match

Have asked myself these questions. A similar analysis has been done on the Liverpool v Athletico match; albeit Spain was a hotspot and Germany wasn’t at the time.

He’s a bitter, been in his company.
Doesn't make it any less an important question though, given what we know now about infection rates and what was going on in the continent with sporting events around that time.

He'll be doing this at Holyrood to cover the fact the separatists only seem to mention the Liverpool game and Cheltenham festival while criticising Westminster, while completely ignoring the fact we played the same week and the SRU welcomed 60k to Murrayfield for the France game the Saturday beforehand.

I think there is evidence that establishes there was a spike in coronavirus cases after the Liverpool-Atletico game. Is there similar for Glasgow after the Leverkusen game? Given how well Germany has handled their own outbreak it would be interesting to see.

I think there is evidence that establishes there was a spike in coronavirus cases after the Liverpool-Atletico game. Is there similar for Glasgow after the Leverkusen game? Given how well Germany has handled their own outbreak it would be interesting to see.
Leverkusen was apparently a virus hotspot at the time of the game. But the decision to allow their fans to travel in numbers would have been down to the authorities.

Leverkusen was apparently a virus hotspot at the time of the game. But the decision to allow their fans to travel in numbers would have been down to the authorities.

A 'hotspot' in Germany, I suspect, would have a totally different meaning to a 'hotspot' in Italy - or indeed the UK - I suspect.

As I said, I think they've proved a peak in Liverpool. I have heard zero about a similar provable peak in Glasgow/Scotland.

That's not to say the match should have gone ahead - despite the clear financial benefits to our Club - but it should surely be possible to prove any link. If one exists.

Naive to think this rhat is doing this for any other reason than to cause bother. Fuq him and all his followers.
To be fair, plenty on here have asked the very same question, I personally thought that as soon as games were cancelled they all should have been.

That was uefas call and if we had called off the game, then the club would have been punished. It needed govt to stop the game.

Have asked myself these questions. A similar analysis has been done on the Liverpool v Athletico match; albeit Spain was a hotspot and Germany wasn’t at the time.

I seem to remember the area Leverkusen are from, North Rhine-Westphalia, as being reported for particularly high for infections at that time, perhaps not on a Madrid scale.

We made prob 2 mill from that game so some will be in an uproar.

From a purely health point of view I don't think it should chafe went ahead. I paid for my ticket and decided I wasn't going
I agree, although as a tight-fisted fcker, that was the only reason I DID go. It would break my heart to see £43 go to waste. It should not have taken, although on the night, we all thought the celtc game at the weekend was going ahead as well.

The truth is two fold:

The Snazi government already knew the severity of the virus and they already knew the virus had infected people due to the Nike conference and covered it up. I suspect they probably thought maybe they could wipe out afew thousand No voters then blame the German fans who travelled over. Remember “independence transcends everything”
The other from UEFAs point of view is everything to do with TV & sponsorship revenue. Afew million quid will come in handy during the up and coming pandemic

I agree, although as a tight-fisted fcker, that was the only reason I DID go. It would break my heart to see £43 go to waste. It should not have taken, although on the night, we all thought the celtc game at the weekend was going ahead as well.
That's true mate. The general feeling was the game against them would be the last for a while.

That's true mate. The general feeling was the game against them would be the last for a while.
IIRC, by the time of the Leverkusen game, the decision had already been made that gatherings of more than 500 were to be banned in Scotland from the following Mon, so we knew at that stage the old firm game would be the last we were watching, although a lot of people were still quite confused over what was happening

A valid enough question and in hindsight the game should've been cancelled but I'm sure we received the official approval to play the game and the Scottish lockdown didn't start until the following week.

But while he's at it maybe he could lodge the following questions;

Who sanctioned the Scotland v France rugby game to be played?

The incompetence, bullying and downright corruption within the SPFL and what actually did happen to the Dundee missing vote?

The largest case of systematic child abuse across the globe within professional football right on our own doorstep and the constant cover up, denial and deflection tactics not only from the club in question but from the football bodies, politicians, police, judiciary and the media in Scotland.

He might be, but it’s a fair question. That game should never have went ahead.
I doubt he's a mentally challenged, any of them in any walk of life let's everyone know they're a mentally challenged before knowing their name.
Findlay seems to favour Junior football and even cricket.

Outbreaks in Italy and Spain were traced back to the Atalanta vs Valencia game. I didn’t think our game should’ve went ahead but we got £2m from it.

There’s was 3000 Spanish in Liverpool the night before also , don’t forget the game v the unwashed was cancelled after this game so up until that point no football in the UK had been called off

Next ....

A valid enough question and in hindsight the game should've been cancelled but I'm sure we received the official approval to play the game and the Scottish lockdown didn't start until the following week.

But while he's at it maybe he could lodge the following questions;

Who sanctioned the Scotland v France rugby game to be played?

The incompetence, bullying and downright corruption within the SPFL and what actually did happen to the Dundee missing vote?

The largest case of systematic child abuse across the globe within professional football right on our own doorstep and the constant cover up, denial and deflection tactics not only from the club in question but from the football bodies, politicians, police, judiciary and the media in Scotland.

Was just about to post something similar.

Scottish Football needs exposed to a lot of scrutiny. We need more elected representatives asking a lot of questions.

Didn’t a Rangers fan who travelled from Dubai to watch the Leverkusen match die from covid-19 very soon afterwards?
Maybe not known whether he caught it here or elsewhere!!

Latest posts

Back