Neil Findlay MSP poses questions about the Rangers v Leverkusen match

Guys asked a question and your respomse is that. Enlighten us in what way being an msp relates to what side you support
have you taken a look at the msp's allegiances let me just say if he doesnt side with the 19th Century Terrorists i'd be very surprised in fact im sure only a handful has been open about being a rangers supporter while others even wore a sellic top to the kiddy on parliament

He should be asking about Cheltenham the ratbag
Now when did Cheltenham relocate itself to scotland. Hes an msp and not everything's a conspiracy.

The fact is the nats have tampered with foi and we've since found out about the Nike conference. Hushed up by the Scottish govt. It a fair question to ask as it was many times on here.

We now have this ridiculous situation where we're still in a euro competition when it's getting near to a new competition. UEFA and their greed have got us here.

I’m sure if you check out the threads at the time there was no suggestion of the home game being cancelled. Simply wasn’t even discussed.
When the away game was rumoured to be behind closed doors (at first, cancelled later) I well remember plenty posts saying ridiculous decision, panty wetters, grow a set, etc etc.

Doesn't make it any less an important question though, given what we know now about infection rates and what was going on in the continent with sporting events around that time.

He'll be doing this at Holyrood to cover the fact the separatists only seem to mention the Liverpool game and Cheltenham festival while criticising Westminster, while completely ignoring the fact we played the same week and the SRU welcomed 60k to Murrayfield for the France game the Saturday beforehand.
Aye but rugby fans are more intelligent that us footie fans......I’m sure they will find some ridiculous reason to justify the rugby

English press have reported that unfortunately over 80 people have lost their life due to the virus being spread from attendees at Cheltenham and the Liverpool game against the Spaniards.

As I understand ( and may be wrong) that the Valencia game was actually played in Milan as Atlanta’s ground was unsuitable.

Our game on the Thursday was only played on the agreement of the authorities but for some reason the following Sunday’s fame against them was called off the following day.

Not sure what changed overnight but timings did seem strange

The follow up question is did anyone who attended report symptoms and was that followed up? As much as I want to have a go because with the Nike issue and in reality they should have cancelled it, but like others I was hoping we would get it on for the cash it generated so can't say at the time I would have agreed! So for me I want to know was anything reported and what was done to ensure anyone in danger was contacted.

The SNP knew about the Nike outbreak in the city and did nothing to halt the six nations match the following weekend either. Patient zero in the north east of England had been at the event as well. The event itself isn't the scandal, it's the lies and coverup. The Scottish Government didn't tell COBRA either.

This is a question to put pressure on the SNP and their %^*& up than anything about Rangers.

I think there is evidence that establishes there was a spike in coronavirus cases after the Liverpool-Atletico game. Is there similar for Glasgow after the Leverkusen game? Given how well Germany has handled their own outbreak it would be interesting to see.
I suppose that would be determined with track and trace. It would need to be investigated.

I remember other games being cancelled that day & all day checking to see if our game was cancelled.

At the time I was hoping it wouldn't be cancelled, but with hindsight it probably should have been.

Was my last night of normality. Been working home since then.

Our game, the Liverpool game and Cheltenham should never have gone ahead, and I presume the question is only About us as it’s a Scottish MP.

The SNP covered up an outbreak in Scotland they are accountable for deaths by signing people into old people homes untested. What have they done with the money Westminster gave them billions where is it? What is it being used for?

Well the mentally challenged conspiracy is the game took place coz we needed the ticket money so badly. :rolleyes:

TBF, not having to refund £2M in ticket sales was no bad thing.

No football in the UK had been cancelled up until that point.

It had to start somewhere and it did on the following weekend.
Man City v Arsenal the day before our game was cancelled last minute due to several Arsenal players coming into contact with the Olympiacos owner less than 14 days before. Think the next day Arteta tested positive.

have you taken a look at the msp's allegiances let me just say if he doesnt side with the 19th Century Terrorists i'd be very surprised in fact im sure only a handful has been open about being a Rangers supporter while others even wore a sellic top to the kiddy on parliament
MSP doesn't mean SNP

Our game, the Liverpool game and Cheltenham should never have gone ahead, and I presume the question is only About us as it’s a Scottish MP.
Scotland v France at murrayfield as well, a 67,000 sell out, no segregation, fans drinking together for hours before and after.

Perhaps the Liverpool game, Cheltenham, our game and the rugby at Murrayfield were all about deliberately infecting as herd immunity was the current thought process for some at that time. Why else would you put thousands together let alone Spaniards and French whilst it was going like wildfire in their countries.

We made prob 2 mill from that game so some will be in an uproar.

From a purely health point of view I don't think it should chafe went ahead. I paid for my ticket and decided I wasn't going
I had also bought a ticket and did not attend.
Looking back my wife & I seemed to have had Covid then, given the range of symptoms now being publicised albeit we were not hospitalised nor tested.
I was still coughing a lot and could not face to 100+ steps upto my CD seat.

I think there is evidence that establishes there was a spike in coronavirus cases after the Liverpool-Atletico game. Is there similar for Glasgow after the Leverkusen game? Given how well Germany has handled their own outbreak it would be interesting to see.
They think they can link 41 deaths to the Liverpool game and 37 to the Cheltenham festival.
Probably similar figures to our game.

More pressure on Chief Mammy hopefully. Would it have gone ahead if the Beasts from the East had been involved?

Yes it would have. They were desperate for their visit to Ibrox the following Sunday to go ahead and only axed it when it became an impossibility.

His football allegiances are nothing to do with this. He’s asking the people responsible for allowing 50,000 fans to congregate in a stadium despite them knowing there was a highly contagious virus spreading within the population.

While UEFA hadn’t cancelled any games, the Spanish and Italian governments had both banned spectators from attending. Why didn’t the Scottish ‘government’ do similar is a question any semi competent opposition should be asking.

Last edited:
Have asked myself these questions. A similar analysis has been done on the Liverpool v Athletico match; albeit Spain was a hotspot and Germany wasn’t at the time.
The area leverkusen play was rife with infection rate and to let 900 potentially infected people to come over is unbelievable looking back

Don’t care about him or his motive. The fact that that area of Germany was a hotspot at the time and we had already been told that Rangers fans would not be admitted to the away fixture (understandably so I might add) meant it was stupidly reckless for thousands of Leverkusen fans (presumably mainly from around that area) to be allowed to travel into Scotland and Ibrox that night.

Didn’t Sturgeon initially state that the lockdown would occur the following Monday, after the Sunday OF game on 15th? Which is just as bizarre as the UK introducing quarantine measures from 8th June.

why wait??
In general People in a country like the U.K. need to be allowed time to prepare and get their heads around that sort of thing. We aren’t mentally prepared or prepared in general to just be told to go home and stay there. It probably wouldn’t have worked or caused mass protests, making it all worse.

I campaigned with him during the referendum in 2014.

He was as passionate and vocal as any No voter I met.

Too far to the left to win my vote, but a very good MSP nonetheless.

I'd rather go for a pint with a Unionist (I know that probably doesn't exist, but you get my point) member of the Green Brigade than a Nat who sits amongst me at Ibrox. I have far more in common with a Unionist than any Nat who sits around me at Ibrox.

Back