Neil Lennon Taking 55 Well

Graham Spiers@GrahamSpiers
I bet I can speak for just about every football writer in Scotland when I say we’ve found Neil Lennon engaging, articulate, witty and self-deprecating over many years. Imagine a poor moron filming Lennon drunk, and abusing and goading him. The utter tragedy of social media today.

I can't remember Spiers being so quick off the mark to comment on any of the minute's silences Celtic fans have ruined, including the one held for Prince Philip.
He has obviously not been on the swally with him then,anyway who cares what any football writer opinion of him is to us he is a bigoted Provo loving scum bag and always will be,he is also not very nice to woman what a wonderful Father he is to .

Both Lennon and that Thistle director should be arrested for flouting Covid regulations.

Will Sturgeon or the Scottish Police Federation release statements condemning such behaviour?
You need to stop that it’s embarrassing apparently.

The fella filming it sums it up perfectly at the end for me.

Some spectacular hand wringing on here though. Brass neck. How quickly they forget.

Not a case of hand wringing mate, Lennon has no sympathy coming his way from me.

The facts are clear though, he was hounded out the piggery by the fans who a short time before were all claiming "We Are All Neil Lennon". In the eyes of the scum fans he will forever be regarded as the guy who failed to deliver 10. I would say the way they have treated him will be a factor in the way he is behaving.

Contrast our love and respect for Walter Smith to the way they feel about Lennon. I know both men are totally different in terms of respect, manners and class but it speaks volumes for that the scum treat a guy who should be a legend in this way.

I would also put an element of blame on those so called anti sectarian groups who held Lennon up as some sort of martyr for their cause. They don't give a fxxk about the guy, only interested in using him when there is money up for grabs.

He has recently been increasingly erratic in his public behaviour both on screen and clearly as this video shows in public at an event.

He is drinking too much, his appearance is that of someone who has no regard for their own appearance, he is aggressive, he is pushing away people who want to help him.

Those are not good signs IMO.

I bet I can speak for just about every football writer in Scotland when I say we’ve found Neil Lennon engaging, articulate, witty and self-deprecating over many years. Imagine a poor moron filming Lennon drunk, and abusing and goading him. The utter tragedy of social media today.

I can't remember Spiers being so quick off the mark to comment on any of the minute's silences Celtic fans have ruined, including the one held for Prince Philip.
tenor.gif

"I feel sorry for Carlisle's cameraman, as deplorable as his actions have been. This guy, in the social media age, took a dire wrong turning." :rolleyes:

It is absolutely no surprise that Spiersy rushes to the defence of a man he had consistenly enabled over the past 21 years.

Not a single word of condemnation from the pious one when it came to his pal's horrendous behaviour towards Jennifer Johnson in 2006 or 'Kim' in Bolton in 2015 but whenever there's a chance he can rush to the aid of Lenny you can be sure Spiersy will be falling over himself to do so in haste.

A message for all those with the higher moral outlook than the rest of us, one thing to remember.

You reap what you sow in this life and never better exemplified than with neil francis lennon. He has sewn more hatred than any other individual in the history of Scottish football. He revelled in it in fact and therefore richly deserves any and all ill will from fans throughout the entire country, not just at Rangers.

For all his poisonous inflammatory comments and actions throughout the years he's unequivocally shown himself to be undeserving of any human sympathy. Let's just leave it at that.

Recap:

Rich, unemployed 49 yo male gets blootered on day 2 of pubs reopening (in England).
Needs calmed down because he can't handle his drink
Filmed by a local who probably had an altercation with him earlier
Man filming calls him a ginger c N t. Because he is.

I can't think of anything more normal. I'm not sure why folk are surprised - did they not know from looking at Lennon that he'll have been doing this all his days. What kind of help do people think he can get that will change him from being the hateful specimen he is? Some individuals are just horrible. The end.

So what's the difference between Brown doing it and Lennon?

It's called being melted on a night out.

Mental health excuse is thrown about to easily nowadays for my liking.
Yes it is, especially by those who don't have a great understanding of it.

It’s nothing we didn’t already know.

He has problems, much of it down to or exacerbated by drink. He certainly isn’t the first and sadly won’t be the last ex-footballer who’s life outside of the game is little more than a drink soaked shambles.

Remembering how thoroughly unpleasant and confrontational an individual he was over at Parkhead though, I find it difficult to have much sympathy for him.

Imagine Scott Brown kebab photo surfaced in 2021.

Same posters who slagged him would now be saying Poor Broony. Absolute wetwipes.
people are sticking up for Lennon where as if you look at any thread with regards to Sunday a few are baying for Joe Aribo’s blood. What a strange place FF has become

"I feel sorry for Carlisle's cameraman, as deplorable as his actions have been. This guy, in the social media age, took a dire wrong turning." :rolleyes:

It is absolutely no surprise that Spiersy rushes to the defence of a man he had consistenly enabled over the past 21 years.

Not a single word of condemnation from the pious one when it came to his pal's horrendous behaviour towards Jennifer Johnson in 2006 or 'Kim' in Bolton in 2015 but whenever there's a chance he can rush to the aid of Lenny you can be sure Spiersy will be falling over himself to do so in haste.
Remember Spiers felt sorry for former Hearts player Craig Thomson a convicted a Child abuser you really can’t say more than that can you.

Maybe he should try to act like an adult instead of getting absolutely wasted and trying to fight people. Lets face it, hes intentioanlly travelled to England (against covid rules) to go on a Jolly. Hes got wrecked and acts like a ned. Never mind blaming "mental health issues". The guy should try being more responsible.

Not a case of hand wringing mate, Lennon has no sympathy coming his way from me.

The facts are clear though, he was hounded out the piggery by the fans who a short time before were all claiming "We Are All Neil Lennon". In the eyes of the scum fans he will forever be regarded as the guy who failed to deliver 10. I would say the way they have treated him will be a factor in the way he is behaving.

Contrast our love and respect for Walter Smith to the way they feel about Lennon. I know both men are totally different in terms of respect, manners and class but it speaks volumes for that the scum treat a guy who should be a legend in this way.

I would also put an element of blame on those so called anti sectarian groups who held Lennon up as some sort of martyr for their cause. They don't give a fxxk about the guy, only interested in using him when there is money up for grabs.

He has recently been increasingly erratic in his public behaviour both on screen and clearly as this video shows in public at an event.

He is drinking too much, his appearance is that of someone who has no regard for their own appearance, he is aggressive, he is pushing away people who want to help him.

Those are not good signs IMO.
To be fair, the guy wanting to help him was a creepy looking cùnt and I would have told him to get to fùck.
I'd love to know though if the guy with the camera leathered the ginger cùnt.

A lot of people seem to be seeing this as part of some kind of downward spirral of mental health rather than just someone who's drank his weight in Stella.

Regardless, like the gang fight in The Meadows (Edinburgh) it's the people with the phones out filming everything that I despise the most.

In years to come people will look back at this era, the dawn of the internet etc and be shocked at how poorly policed it was. Anonymity is obviously something we all take advantage of but it might be the first thing to go when things inevitably get tightened up but the big one for me is some laws to come into place where secretly filming someone without permission then posting it online for the world to see should result in some kind of prosecution.

It's shit behaviour and can ruin people either socially or professionally...which of course can lead to all sorts of mental health problems.

I find myself getting irritated when I'm out somewhere and half the people have the phones out to film whatever it is. It's like looking round at Zombies/Robots holding a device in their hands like some disturbing Sci fi.

Exemplary behaviour from the legend?
Tolerated by Scottish football, an example for the young?
Totally professional my aunt fanny, take a look in the mirror Neil
What do you see ?

The media has protected this piece of shit for years along with the SFA. He has been a stain on the game in scotland since he arrived here. I suspect he will now be dropped like a hot potato by any of the sports media that was thinking of him doing punditry for them.the unwashed have hounded him for losing the ten, anyone who has any sympathy for him on this board need to take a good look at themselves.

Back