Neil McCann on signing for Gers and scum shame game

Once served McCann when I had my part time job at Uni. This was about four years ago. I totally shat out of asking for an autograph. The place was empty and it was just me and him. I was completely awestruck just to see him wander in, and he was really polite and could have been any average punter off the street.

He was playing golf with John Collins and I either McAvennie or John Hughes. Hopefully he tanned their arses.

I remember going to Miami to watch us playing in a friendly. After the game, we were all in a bar and McCann and a few other players came in, to a rousing chorus of "He's blue, he's white, he's a tim but he's alright, Neil McCann....Neil McCann." He was laughing his heid aff :) Brilliant guy!

Great player for us and has never bad mouthed us to my knowledge. I thought he was one of the best pundits putting loyalties aside and giving a balanced and knowledgeable opinion on matches. A total contrast to the clowns employed by BT.

It took me a wee while to take to the wee man as I loved Albertz and was worried the big man was getting punted.

Did we make the wrong choice keeping Lovenkrands?

We had to drag Neil out of the football club kicking and screaming which tells us everything about his commitment

Neil McCann was a big game match winner for Rangers.
He is Rangers history at its very finest.
A hero, who walks into Ibrox with the credentials of a true Ranger.

Neil is a credit to his family, to our club, and to Scottish football.

I enjoyed the win yesterday, the only downside was that it was Neil's team that we defeated.
I wish him well, and to see him succeed and one day re-enter Ibrox to make more history for our club would be simply wonderful.

This! Once Pedro has delivered 55 and we are back where we belong. When he eventually decides to move to pastures new, Neil McCann should be first on the list!

Reactions: TQ3
This! Once Pedro has delivered 55 and we are back where we belong. When he eventually decides to move to pastures new, Neil McCann should be first on the list!
First on the list for what? Chipping crosses in for Broxi at half-time

My best mate said when Neil got the Dundee job,"I hope that's him making his first steps towards us."
I hadn't thought of it like that, but fingers crossed that he is successful and makes his way home.

A genuine model professional who loved playing for the Gers. Will always remember his cross for Lovenkrands in 2002 cup final in last minute!!

A greal player for us. Gave his all.
A credit to himself and his parents. Quite a good pundit also.

No surprise all the aggro came from the other side, same with MoJo, they just cannot handle Catholics, a: playing for Rangers and b: being accepted and lauded by the Rangers support.

I am sure Jon Daly said the same when he signed. Rangers fans took to him straight away, it was the other side who gave him grief.

McCann was a tremendous servant to Rangers, and has since acted like everything you would expect from a true Ger. Class.

Back