Neil McCann talking up Glenn Kamara

Bonnyloyal

He told BBC Scotland: “He’s very laid back.

"He is confident in his own ability without every showing that outwardly.

“He will need that self-belief at Ibrox.

“His best attributes are sitting in front of the back four and conducting play. He’s not an enforcer.

“Ross McCrorie and Ryan Jack are more physical. But, for me, he’s a better footballer than both.

“When I look back at my successful time at Rangers, we had Barry Ferguson controlling the tempo.

“He wasn’t overly physical but he would cover ground so quickly and snuff out danger, change direction, pick a pass. That’s Kamara.”

Kamara has yet to break into Gerrard’s matchday squad but McCann can’t speak highly enough of the player.

He said: “If he gets into the side, I think it will be very difficult to move him.

“He’s a real star in the making. He’s still learning the game but I just think he’s a terrific footballer.

“He moves so well and Rangers are getting a class act.

“He will continue to improve under Steven Gerrard and dealing with the expectation levels at such a big club.”

Looks like and sounds like Kamara offers a totally different dimension in midfield. Arguably Jack and McCrorie are very similar types, and one of them would be unlucky to miss out, but for talking sake, a midfield of McCrorie, Kamara and Arfield gives us three very different types of midfielder.

Most times I've seen Kamara he's looked a class act
-Great to hear NMc thinks so too
I can see him being a big assett to us - maybe not right away - but soon nevertheless
Glad we got him & without much of a fee - could be money well spent

Exactly what we need and could be better than BF in a few years.
Watched him play against the mentally challengeds in the boozer, kept taking the ball off them and pushing forward.
Arfield needs a rest he looks like he's carrying a knock of some kind.

Our future looks bright with McCrorie as an enforcer, Kamara dictating tempo and Docherty as our box to box goal threat ..... we still miss a real imaginative creator around the edge of the opposition box though ..... as someone said in another thread a 22 year old Niko Kranjkar (I know, easy to find) :))

I said weeks ago, Glenn is a huge prospect and will be a great player for us.

The last player I was as eager to sign was Carlos Cuellar, I'm really looking forward to Kamaras involvement in the team.

That’s some cracking praise there. Wonder if he will get some minutes in next couple of games

Watched him play against the mentally challengeds in the boozer, kept taking the ball off them and pushing forward.

Gerrard said that Arfield played through injuries against Aberdeen and Killie.

However, Kamara isn't an attacking mid mate.

He'll probably play behind Arfield, or whoever the attacking mid is.

I love FF man. Not long ago the place was full of questions about signing the boy, he's shite he's fae dundee we have too many midfielders etc etc.

Now... hasn't made the match day squad yet but Mcann rates him and folk are now suggesting he might be better than Barry Ferguson.

Too good man.

When
Gerrard said that Arfield played through injuries against Aberdeen and Killie.

However, Kamara isn't an attacking mid mate.

He'll probably play behind Arfield, or whoever the attacking mid is.
When I've seen him he drives in2 space mate, I think he offers something different to what we have, great to have the gaffer teaching him also.
Think he's going to shine for us!

Looks like and sounds like Kamara offers a totally different dimension in midfield. Arguably Jack and McCrorie are very similar types, and one of them would be unlucky to miss out, but for talking sake, a midfield of McCrorie, Kamara and Arfield gives us three very different types of midfielder.

I agree that he sounds like a different player to whom we've got, but i'd disagree putting McCrorie and Jack in the same bracket in terms of style.

McCrorie is exceptionally athletic and physical and quicker than Jack, but jack is more composed and probably technically better with a better passing range. Different players for me.

I'm very excited about Kamara though. Home games I believe he will excel.

I love FF man. Not long ago the place was full of questions about signing the boy, he's shite he's fae dundee we have too many midfielders etc etc.

Now... hasn't made the match day squad yet but Mcann rates him and folk are now suggesting he might be better than Barry Ferguson.

Too good man.

Ok, man

He told BBC Scotland: “He’s very laid back.

"He is confident in his own ability without every showing that outwardly.

“He will need that self-belief at Ibrox.

“His best attributes are sitting in front of the back four and conducting play. He’s not an enforcer.

“Ross McCrorie and Ryan Jack are more physical. But, for me, he’s a better footballer than both.

“When I look back at my successful time at Rangers, we had Barry Ferguson controlling the tempo.

“He wasn’t overly physical but he would cover ground so quickly and snuff out danger, change direction, pick a pass. That’s Kamara.”

Kamara has yet to break into Gerrard’s matchday squad but McCann can’t speak highly enough of the player.

He said: “If he gets into the side, I think it will be very difficult to move him.

“He’s a real star in the making. He’s still learning the game but I just think he’s a terrific footballer.

“He moves so well and Rangers are getting a class act.

“He will continue to improve under Steven Gerrard and dealing with the expectation levels at such a big club.”
GOOD. Have a lot of time for the wee man and value his opinion

Only really seen his YouTube clips but he looks a mix of Coulibaly and Ejaria and if he brings that to us we will have some player on our hands.

You have high hopes for him then. At 22 ferguson was captaining us and winnings trophies , if he’s half as good as BF he’d be an automatic pick right now
I certainly Do mate, he offers a different game to all our midfielders and cost us peanuts.
Hopefully gets half hour at the weekend. Full game in the reserves today.

I'm not sure comparisons to BF are fair - although parts of their role might turn out to be similar & I suspect that's what N Mc was referring to - their 'styles' are vastly different

That doesn't mean GK will not be effective or contribute almost as much by other means
But one thing GK definately doesn't need is expectations on him to out perform BF

Steady on with the better than BF chat. Barry was a standout in our midfield, in europe, and for his country at 19.

You have high hopes for him then. At 22 ferguson was captaining us and winnings trophies , if he’s half as good as BF he’d be an automatic pick right now

You're right AB, 22 year old fergie already a champs league veteran and bossed some of the best midielders in the world

If Kamara is even 50% of that we've won a watch

I certainly Do mate, he offers a different game to all our midfielders and cost us peanuts.
Hopefully gets half hour at the weekend. Full game in the reserves today.

He was subbed after 60 minutes today.

I think it's a leap at this point to be suggesting he'll be better than Ferguson.

So he's not the creative player so many thought he was after Saturday evening.

We've not really got a creative midfielder and it's some thing we badly lack, along with other options out wide right.

If Kamara is composed, looks for the ball, control the tempo, recycled possession, has a sound range of passing... then I would have him in the team as it's some thing we lack in the middle of the park.

McCrorie is more physical than Jack, he breaks up play better and is more disciplined in a defensive midfield role. Arfield is a hit or miss and Davis isn't any where near 100% match fit - he's also not a creative, attacking midfielder which people talked about prior to him signing.

Kamara - McCrorie - Jack/Davis/Arfield

Jack is playing better than the other two but that midfield seriously lacks creativity.

He was subbed after 60 minutes today.

I think it's a leap at this point to be suggesting he'll be better than Ferguson.
I said could be mate and I for one have high hopes for him under Stevie. The gaffer certainly likes him, think he said he loves the way he plays with his head up. Just like Barry!!

Better than Ferguson?

He did say "Could be". Comparing the 2 is crazy. Ferguson rose through the ranks at Rangers, Kamara came from a different country to play for a basement battling team and was a stand out.

You need to be somthing special to be better than Barry Ferguson, He was ripping the pish out of Europes best players at 19.

If we get Kamara with 50% of Ferguson's capabilities then we'll have a player on our hands.

If he turns out to be anything as good as McCann's description, he walks straight into the team ahead of Jack (assuming McCrorie is playing DM).

I've said for ages that Jack doesn't influence games enough from that position. We need someone there to be on the ball a lot, to control the temp, drive forward & play forward passes.

Problem is I have no idea whether Kamara will be seamlessly be able to make the step up

Back