Neil McCann talking up Glenn Kamara

Looks like and sounds like Kamara offers a totally different dimension in midfield. Arguably Jack and McCrorie are very similar types, and one of them would be unlucky to miss out, but for talking sake, a midfield of McCrorie, Kamara and Arfield gives us three very different types of midfielder.

Jack and Mccrorie are nothing alike.

Exactly what we need and could be better than BF in a few years.
Watched him play against the mentally challengeds in the boozer, kept taking the ball off them and pushing forward.
Arfield needs a rest he looks like he's carrying a knock of some kind.

Calm yerself down. There is absolutely no danger he is going to even be close to being a better footballer than Barry Ferguson. Ever!

McCrorie ( enforcer)
Kamara ( creativity)
Jack ( composure)
That’s our midfield trio.
Kamara isn't really that creative mate, he is more a deep lying playmaker who has great technique and can control and.pass the ball under any situation, perhaps this is something he will add to his game in time.

We need to buy a proper creative mid in the summer to go with Kamara and McCrorie etc

Amazing how Arfield has fallen out of favour with so many on here after a couple of average games. Suddenly McCrorie is a stick on starter and Kamara should replace Arfield. Go and look at the goals and assists stats before writing Arfield off.

Arfield has certainly had a dip in performance recently however we are not the same when he’s not in the team, he gets forward at every opportunity and covers a lot of ground.

Jack and Mccrorie are nothing alike.

Not sure you’ve mastered this whole debate thing.

Their roles in the team are currently the same. Break down attacks, get the ball moving forward. Neither offers a great attacking threat. Neither will break down a defence. Neither will score much. Long term, both are not required in the same match.

Two players don’t have to be identical to see that they offer similar attributes to a team. To say they’re nothing alike is incorrect.

Last edited:
He told BBC Scotland: “He’s very laid back.

"He is confident in his own ability without every showing that outwardly.

“He will need that self-belief at Ibrox.

“His best attributes are sitting in front of the back four and conducting play. He’s not an enforcer.

“Ross McCrorie and Ryan Jack are more physical. But, for me, he’s a better footballer than both.

“When I look back at my successful time at Rangers, we had Barry Ferguson controlling the tempo.

“He wasn’t overly physical but he would cover ground so quickly and snuff out danger, change direction, pick a pass. That’s Kamara.”

Kamara has yet to break into Gerrard’s matchday squad but McCann can’t speak highly enough of the player.

He said: “If he gets into the side, I think it will be very difficult to move him.

“He’s a real star in the making. He’s still learning the game but I just think he’s a terrific footballer.

“He moves so well and Rangers are getting a class act.

“He will continue to improve under Steven Gerrard and dealing with the expectation levels at such a big club.”

I'm really excited to see him play, you can see that from the videos that he's tricky and does look the type who can win the ball back and pick that pass out, a player who could get us more attacking?

Not sure you’ve mastered this whole debate thing.

There roles in the team are currently the same. Break down attacks, get the ball moving forward. Neither offers a great attacking threat. Neither will break down a defence. Neither will score much. Long term, both are not required in the same match.

Two players don’t have to be identical to see that they offer similar attributes to a team. To say they’re nothing alike is incorrect.

I have mastered the whole debate thing thanks.

I stand by my statement. Neither Jack or Mccrorie are similar in style at all. At present they are playing entirely different roles.

I have mastered the whole debate thing thanks.

I stand by my statement. Neither Jack or Mccrorie are similar in style at all. At present they are playing entirely different roles.

You’ve clearly not, on the basis you’ve made an incorrect statement, with no attempt to back it up.

You’ve clearly not, on the basis you’ve made an incorrect statement, with no attempt to back it up.

I don't really need to back it up. Ryan Jack and Ross McCrorie are completely different players who's styles are nothing alike, and at present are performing entirely different roles within our team. Jack has also performed the role that McCrorie currently is doing, but he did it differently.

McCrorie is all about sensing danger, winning ball back early and getting the ball moving forward. Jack is all about dropping in to spaces and offering an out ball for defenders and other midfielders and being composed in possession.

As I said, nothing alike other than the fact they have both played as our midfield anchor this season!

I agree we need a proper No.10.
Arfield has scored 6 goals in 30 starts.
Pretty poor as is his control, passing
and shooting. I don’t think he has scored from outside the 6 yard box.
He often goes AWOL. He’s not good
enough for Rangers.

Imo we only need one of jack or McCrorie playing because neither effect the team in attack all too often and for the most part so the same kind of job probably why we create %^*& all
Tbf mate our goals scored in the four between the two livi games were 3, 3, 4, 4. Granted, few pens in there, but still.

He was subbed after 60 minutes today.

I think it's a leap at this point to be suggesting he'll be better than Ferguson.

A leap..Over the grand canyon!! while Kamara is a talent, he is not and never will be Barry Ferguson, if he was he wouldn't have signed for us on a Bosman.

Comparisons like this will only hinder the lad as some of the cerebrally challenged on here take every word as gospel.

Cue three months "see that Glen Kamara by the way, he's pure garbage and ABCDEF on FF said he wuz gonnae be Barry Ferguson so noo im beelin, raging, offended, underwhelmed etc etc".

Exactly what we need and could be better than BF in a few years.
Watched him play against the mentally challengeds in the boozer, kept taking the ball off them and pushing forward.
Arfield needs a rest he looks like he's carrying a knock of some kind.
It would take quite a leap for him to be better than Barry Ferguson.
A quantum leap in fact.
Good luck to him and I’d have no problem if you were proven correct.

My fear is we can’t accommodate both him and an enforcer like McCrorie

Will Kamara need the space in front of the back 4 to himself to create ?

Interesting times and another option as he’s a different player from McCrorie and Jack.

Hopefully in the summer we can pick up some quality attacking midfielders as the midfield is taking shape

The problem we have with all our midfielders is that there is virtually no imagination or goal threat from any of them and that won't channge with the current crop.Even our wide players don't contribute a lot in goals.im concerned about the next two fixtures without Alfredo ffs

The problem we have with all our midfielders is that there is virtually no imagination or goal threat from any of them and that won't channge with the current crop.Even our wide players don't contribute a lot in goals.im concerned about the next two fixtures without Alfredo ffs

A bit of thread-necromancy ... as we have seen from the last games, if we click (and don't play with our star striker whom seemingly everyone wants to pick out every time), people do take on responsibility themselves. And then you end up with Arfield scoring 4 and Jack once. Granted, it is against teams that wanted to play themselves and we pounced on that and any errors.

Kamara, Jack and Davis seemingly click, and Candeias, Arfield and Defoe profit from that. It should have been trialed much earlier in the season though, at least against teams playing similar football. 4-3-3 vs the wall-brigade is still a tough job at hand though ...

We have a genuine contender for best midfielder in the league next season, if we continue playing a system that allows him to fully demonstrate how talented he is.

Such a composed player that can play an array of passes from central.

A bit of thread-necromancy ... as we have seen from the last games, if we click (and don't play with our star striker whom seemingly everyone wants to pick out every time), people do take on responsibility themselves. And then you end up with Arfield scoring 4 and Jack once. Granted, it is against teams that wanted to play themselves and we pounced on that and any errors.

Kamara, Jack and Davis seemingly click, and Candeias, Arfield and Defoe profit from that. It should have been trialed much earlier in the season though, at least against teams playing similar football. 4-3-3 vs the wall-brigade is still a tough job at hand though ...

We still have to play against a ‘parkedbus’ with this system, which has been a big issue to us.
No one has outplayed us when they’ve tried to take us on in a football match all season, apart from the early game at the Paul Gadd Arena.

I still haven’t seen Polster Steve, but that’s a big compliment. ;)

He is a very Mobil player mate, anticipates opponents in a similar manner, has similar close control. Plus he is an excellent passer of the ball, long cross field passing is excellent.

He's the type of RDM that can transfer play from defence recovery to dangerous attacks in a single 50 yard pass.

He is a very Mobil player mate, anticipates opponents in a similar manner, has similar close control. Plus he is an excellent passer of the ball, long cross field passing is excellent.

He's the type of RDM that can transfer play from defence recovery to dangerous attacks in a single 50 yard pass.

Interesting.

Until we signed him, I’d only really noticed him in one strikingly good on TV performance against us at Dens.

You could see instantly that he is a real player, a terrific prospect.

As soon as he joined, and I’d watched him play on the flesh for just two or three matches, I instantly knew he was the real deal.

I said to the lad next to me at one game that I was still waiting for him to misplace his first pass after 2 entire matches.

Also told him that he would be an absolute fan’s favourite in no time at all.

I was right on every count. We’ll be cheering wildly every time his name is read out on a team sheet for as long as Glenn is with us.

Fabulous wee player. Amazing bit of business. We’ve absolutely won a watch with Kamara

That sounds really good. Looking forward to seeing him. I’m sure he’ll be an athlete too being from USA ?

Incredible that Kamara has only played 75 pro club games. plus 7 for Finland. He will surely only get better and better.

He’s the SPFL’s Xabi Alonso. The most technically gifted midfielder in the league by an absolute mile.

Next season will be his year.

Did you see much of polster before he signed?

Really intrigued to see how he’ll pan out, hopefully he gets a good run to prove his worth.

Seen him a few times yes.

He's an agile player.

Can turn on the ball like he is on rollerskates

Back