Neil McCann - think hes a goner now

Huge respect for McCann and hopefully he can turn it around but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back as a pundit sooner rather than later.

We all, I think, thought that his analysis of the games as a pundit and his general attitude would lead to him being a decent manager. I think whoever took on Dundee was going to struggle and I hope it is not the end of his managerial career but he will more than likely be gone by Monday, quite possibly jumping before he is pushed.

Can’t be judged on today’s game really. However, it doesn’t look good at all.

Correct, but he can be over the last what, 18 months and he has been piss poor as a manager.

I love the wee man, but again it shows talking a good game and walking the walk are 2 massively different things.

He doesn’t have the depth nor quality of resources to turn things around. That will also apply to any replacement. Decent guy and was first class for Gers but I can’t see him surviving very much longer.

We all, I think, thought that his analysis of the games as a pundit and his general attitude would lead to him being a decent manager. I think whoever took on Dundee was going to struggle and I hope it is not the end of his managerial career but he will more than likely be gone by Monday, quite possibly jumping before he is pushed.
Thought he was going to be a great manager to, hopefully he still can be but it is looking a hard task now unfortunately

I would like to see Dundee give him one more game which happens to be home to hibs. If he doesn’t win that then yes he’s a goner.

I like Dundee, good football club and a decent support. I have been lucky enough to meet Neil McCann a couple of times and he seems to be a good man and I want him to succeed.

Correct, but he can be over the last what, 18 months and he has been piss poor as a manager.

I love the wee man, but again it shows talking a good game and walking the walk are 2 massively different things.

This is the truth. I offer you McCoist and Neville as other examples.

When you have fucking idiots in your team such as that tadger McGowan who tbh is fucking shite, your up against it. Feel a bit sorry for Neil as he's a cracking fella but I feel his days are numbered at Dundee.

He's just too stubborn, when they're on the ball they are capable of showing some decent play at times but their back line is terrible no matter who plays there which is on McCann and they can't find a striker who knows how to score goals, add in he's gotten into bother with a couple players as well and i'd be shocked if he's not sacked in the coming days or really close to it

A lot of time for McCann and overall I think he has done well. Just like most teams in Scotland, they don't have any players playing to win for their team. Too many other things going on in their head.

I wouldn't be unhappy with him being a coach at Rangers.

I think he has some decent players there and the kept going despite the score. Hopefully he turns it round and they stay up

Apart from the number 10 in midfield they are a very, very poor team.

What happened with Caulker ? Why did he leave ?

Dundee look absolutely hopeless. It would be a shame for us to put the final nail in his coffin, and as much as I have no love for Dundee, I really hope he can turn it around.

Not looking likely though, we could have scored as many as we wanted today if we’d really turned the screw.

Agree with all of this.

Really like wee McCann and genuinely hope this doesn’t kill his managerial career.

Nonetheless, Dundee really are pish. We did to them exactly what good sides do to pish sides.

One thing I will say is he seems to lack man management skills.

Let their keeper Bain go for nothing as fell out with him and also rejected 2 million for Caulker from Rosenberg then fell out with him as well.

Ok if your winning games but doomed to failure if not.

Thought Dundee were better in their attacking play, Ngwatala (10) had a fair turn of pace, Miller (17) on the left will cause other teams problems.
However their central defence is rank rotten, while Kerr is a diving dirty fellow.
IMO they will stay up.

Know what you mean, but the 2 jobs are poles apart.

A pundit can basically relax and give what is an expert/ ex pro’s view of the game.

A manager has so many things to deal with it’s a surprise any sane person would do it.

Training drills, happy players, unhappy players, injured players, the board of directors (usually interfering amateurs), the press, TV/ Radio etc etc.

Not every one is cut out for the role.

They can talk all the sense in the world and know tactics inside out but running a squad of egotistical or worriers or couldnae gie a %^*& types takes a special kind of skill.

WATP

Unfortunately I think wee McCann will be gone in the next week or so. Clearly not working for him at Dundee but hopefully this is just an early set back in a long successful career for him.

5 straight defeat and Dundee were absolutely rotten today.

Cant see him lasting the weekend as manager.

Didn't think they were rotten.
Thought the broke very fast at us and on another day might have scored.
If Neil has a problem, it's having a go, playing two up at Ibrox instead of shoring up the midfield.
I agree the results will do for him.

Putting a team out with rats like O'Dea and McGowan is never going to get you anywhere I'm afraid.
And like it or not,employing a guy who has previous for undermining managers won't help either.

I love the wee man and I was really hopeful that he’d do well in management. It was always going to be a tough gig taking on the Dundee job, and it’s gone horribly wrong for him. I’ll be surprised if he’s still in the dugout for their next match.

Back