Neil McCann

He should apologise for saying it but as I said he's entitled to his own opinion and I certainly dint think he should be cancelled from RTV that's just buying into the absolute cultural shit show that's going on in wider society.
That’s the thing, in the days of social media, an apology can be instant.

We have all woken up and regretted something we have said the night before, but Mcann hasn’t done that, which surely means he doesn’t regret it and meant what he said.

RTV is a club channel, not the mainstream media when you really should try to be impartial. We should not be having people being paid by the club who call our players idiots for celebrating a goal.

Remember when you used to refer to Rangers as ‘we’ when you were on Sky Neil?

That PQ echo chamber has unfortunately had its effect. Time to make amends. After all, you don’t want to end up like Billy ‘I no longer consider myself a Rangers supporter’ Dudds do you?

Perhaps a spell away from the blue pound will temper McCann’s hyperbole? First time I’ve commented on our ex player, who generally seems a decent analyst? Very unfortunate tone, very unfortunate target, very unfortunate massive overreaction!

Kind of reminds you of the Rangers hating media majority, eh?

He needs to ‘clarify’ or justify his remarks.

Do we really want an apology from NM - really?

He made a comment, it wasn’t one I agreed with but an apology? FFS!!
It was the spite he came out with it that's annoyed me. Like instantly pissed off with Alfie and he's meant to be one of us and works on RTV. Maybe not an apology but needs to acknowledge how that's came across.

What's annoying is that it wasn't as if he was right in their faces he was miles away from their fans and just took absolute pelters minutes before. If you can't take it, don't give it out

Supporters give players pelters all game so the least we can expect is the player to give a bit back if he scores. It's all part of the entertainment and Neil needs to man up.

I was actually.

But that is irrelevant, so I am not sure what your point is.

He was playing football that day, not spouting pish in a media role.

Two very different things.
Yeah kinda dived in when I read you had no time for him then realised after I posted you meant in his media role

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, Neil.

Guaranteed our refs will be quick to get the card out in future, thereby damaging the club.

I liked you wee man, but I reckon you’ve lost the Rangers gig.
Wouldn’t go that far amigo, but a bit of clarified contrition live on the Shortbread airwaves wouldn’t go amiss to quell the restless cancel culture natives.

That said, he has needlessly had his card marked with regard to his RTV gig, but let’s not forget that McCoist and Boyd have more or less said similar about Alfie without the disproportionate rush to decry them.

Wouldn’t go that far amigo, but a bit of clarified contrition live on the Shortbread airwaves wouldn’t go amiss to quell the restless cancel culture natives.

That said, he has needlessly had his card marked with regard to his RTV gig, but let’s not forget that McCoist and Boyd have more or less said similar about Alfie without the disproportionate rush to decry them.
It’s not my wish, mate.

I just think it will happen.

I've never understood the love in with McCann when it comes to his media work.

Regularly talks pish and ties himself in knots when trying to come across as tactically aware etc.
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

McCann is alright by me.

By keeping the spotlight and thus the pressure on us, and deflecting it away from them. They're rattled, as pointed out many times on here, so they roll out the usual tactics with their media friends. Radio silence in Gios last few months as they saw no threat.
But what are they rattled about? They're still winning games, it's still a 9 point gap

I could see the point if we were catching them, but we aren't

That’s the thing, in the days of social media, an apology can be instant.

We have all woken up and regretted something we have said the night before, but Mcann hasn’t done that, which surely means he doesn’t regret it and meant what he said.

RTV is a club channel, not the mainstream media when you really should try to be impartial. We should not be having people being paid by the club who call our players idiots for celebrating a goal.
We've had players who have done some morally reprehensible things that have been treated like heroes so I'm not going to be hypocritical and demand McCann should be tarred and feathered for voicing his opinion.
I think what he said was way over the top but a bit of context is required before the pitchforks come out.

He has a right to his opinion and to criticise but calling him an idiot is unnecessarily harsh and will likely burn bridges at the club unless he apologises.

He has a right to his opinion and to criticise but calling him an idiot is unnecessarily harsh and will likely burn bridges at the club unless he apologises.
His words will lead to Alfie being booked next time he celebrates a goal in the same way he has for the last 6 years. Thats what is so wrong with him coming out with this sh%t. Grow a pair and kick him to touch Rangers.

Thank god nobody in here ever calls a player an idiot eh?
I'll call players an idiot if they miss a sitter or get stupidly sent off. If one of our players have scored my instant reaction isn't to call them an idiot for celebrating. If you're one of us, as McCann is meant to be, he shouldn't have it in his head to spit that out watching him celebrate.

Another X player slaughtering everything Rangers , no surprise there the 2 Fergusons Foster & now Mccann what is it with these guys .
Then you have grade A cxnts like Sutton, Hartson, The failed trialist who will defend the Bheasts to the hilt to the point of complete insanity

Don't know what's worse, being an embarrassment like Sutton et al or our former players.

For me McCann is still a good guy. He's gone too far in the heat of the moment and seemed to realise immediately. Very disappointing that he has let himself get caught up in the anti-Morelos sentiment that runs through Scottish football, he should know better. He's had issues with Morelos previously and even on RTV he's said things. He needs to take a step back and look at what Morelos gets from the media, the stands, the opposition players, and the officials and ask himself what is actually going on.

The hypocrisy on here is off the charts. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

Fine. You have your view.

I’m quite clear, I’m very unhappy with a SMSM pundit, no matter who he is, attacking a Rangers player for doing his normal celebration after scoring two vital goals for the club. He stated he should have been given a yellow card.

When so many more extreme examples have happened where we’re his views ? Players doing GIRUY signs to fans, wiping snotters on our corner flags, and that’s before we even consider the behaviour of the victim AKA Neic Lennon.

No hypocrisy from me mate, none at all.

Fine. You have your view.

I’m quite clear, I’m very unhappy with a SMSM pundit, no matter who he is, attacking a Rangers player for doing his normal celebration after scoring two vital goals for the club. He stated he should have been given a yellow card.

When so many more extreme examples have happened where we’re his views ? Players doing GIRUY signs to fans, wiping snotters on our corner flags, and that’s before we even consider the behaviour of the victim AKA Neic Lennon.

No hypocrisy from me mate, none at all.
This Grigo.

And it's baffling me that some on here aren't seeing this, let alone McCann.

Ally n Boyd slated him for performances which weren't good enough.They have never wanted him booked for celebrating a goal.A celebration that Alfie has done for years.

Last edited:
People of course have, but for celebrating a goal ?

How many examples do we need to give of players doing much worse, with no comment ?
Supporters giving players stick and them giving it back happens with gestures like cupping the ear happens at every single top class game.

There’s even video evidence of McCann doing it himself
On balance I think his comments were ill advised.

What about Griffiths recently kicking a pyro out the pitch deliberately into the St Johnstone supporters?

Ally n Boyd slated him for performances which weren't good enough.They have never slated him or wanted him booked for celebrating a goal.A celebration that Alfie has done for years.
Never slated him? Au contraire.

Granted, they’ve never wanted him booked for a celebration - I’ll give you that.

I'll call players an idiot if they miss a sitter or get stupidly sent off. If one of our players have scored my instant reaction isn't to call them an idiot for celebrating. If you're one of us, as McCann is meant to be, he shouldn't have it in his head to spit that out watching him celebrate.
it really isn't about being one of us , he's was paid by a company for his opinion in which he says an employee of Rangers is an " idiot "

How stupid would Rangers look if they keep on employing him in the future

Supporters giving players stick and them giving it back happens with gestures like cupping the ear happens at every single top class game.

There’s even video evidence of McCann doing it himself
On balance I think his comments were ill advised.

What about Griffiths recently kicking a pyro out the pitch deliberately into the St Johnstone supporters?

Yes GOG.

From my eyes, there is a lot of hypocrisy, and that’s all from McCann & other members of the SMSM.

Just feeling incredibly disappointed in McCann. Could have worn it (barely) if he'd come out later and apologized but to attempt to justify that baseless and unnecessary slur beggars belief. WTF is wrong with celebrating a goal? Where are we headed? Don't smile if your team scores in case some mental deficient reacts?

They have slated him due poor performances which is justified but you knew what I was meaning but you carry on.
McCoist has called him daft and stupid several times. No rush to cancel Super though eh?

But you carry on.

Back