Neil Warnock tests positive for covid 19

He’s relatively fit, and will get early ventilation If required, so hopefully comes through it ok, like Kenny Dalglish who must have been in his late 60s when he got it.

It’s just a touch more serious than that, especially for someone his age, to be fair.
He's old but seems relatively mobile and has all his faculties about him so I suspect and dearly hope he'll be fine.

There's every chance it's a false positive anyway.

I think for a male in their early 70s it’s still only around one in 10 positive tests (we don’t know if he’s a “case” or that he’s even ill) that need hospitalisation and then it’s something even less likely to actually die.

it’s not said too much - alas - but COVID mortality is just “human mortality” now. One in ten 71yo humans in thenUK will have a comorbidity that a virus may threaten.

He’ll be fine and if he’s not then he will have been very, very unlucky

Try telling that to Kate Galloway . The agony families are going through with this virus and still we get comments like “ it’s just the flu “.
That case is a very strange one, a complete outlier and suggests some kind of ore-existing condition or the treatment in those early days did more harm than good.

He seems to be a "young" fit 71 year old as opposed to and "old" frail 71 year old so hopefully will be fine

All the best to him.

Bit great age but he will pull through no doubt.

Just goes to show how bad this virus is and still spreading.

Try telling that to Kate Galloway . The agony families are going through with this virus and still we get comments like “ it’s just the flu “.
I get the anger in that but while it's a completely different viral strain from the flu it is a respiratory disease so the comparisons will be made and it's perfectly logical to do so. What I find bizarre are people who state 'it's just the flu'... because if you get the flu and it's a particular nasty strain then it will potentially be far more deadly than Covid-19.

If his condition deteriorated.

I still don’t understand what the “early” bit is all about.

He will or at least should get the very same treatment as everyone else in hospital with COVID-19.

In any case, let’s hope he doesn’t require that level of treatment and makes a quick recovery. I like the guy and also like his old school management style.

I still don’t understand what the “early” bit is all about.

He will or at least should get the very same treatment as everyone else in hospital with COVID-19.

In any case, let’s hope he doesn’t require that level of treatment and makes a quick recovery. I like the guy and also like his old school management style.
Early in comparison with April 2020, when victims languished at home, who should have been hospitalised. I share your good wishes for him.

That case is a very strange one, a complete outlier and suggests some kind of ore-existing condition or the treatment in those early days did more harm than good.

A workmate of mine is completely fucked by it, relatively fit guy now has a collapsed lung and as he was bed ridden for so long is still struggling to walk as his muscles basically wastes away, away from the death rates there are a lot of people left in a bad way, it's best avoided I'd say.

Early in comparison with April 2020, when victims languished at home, who should have been hospitalised. I share your good wishes for him.

See what you mean now.

I know we are off on a tangent now but was it not discussed that ventilators actually made the situation worse in a lot of cases?

A workmate of mine is completely fucked by it, relatively fit guy now has a collapsed lung and as he was bed ridden for so long is still struggling to walk as his muscles basically wastes away, away from the death rates there are a lot of people left in a bad way, it's best avoided I'd say.
I’m not saying anything that contradicts that. It’s a nasty virus for a small minority of unlucky people who were otherwise fit and healthy. They definitely didn’t know the best way to treat it back in the early days too. Viral pneumonia can f*ck you up.

but on the whole does it affect the same people as the flu does and - like the flu - does it kill a lot of people who would have died last winter or would have done last winter? Yes

the point is not what it is - there’s enough factual information now for anyone with eyes to see. The point is how we react to it

It’s deffo a topic for the COVID thread but I wonder if better forms of treatment are partly responsible for the lower deaths.
I can’t post in there for some reason. One of the admins probably not a fan of honest scepticism I suspect!

yeas, there’s a range of things that are different and especially not ventilating too early. Also putting patients on their front made a big difference and that’s before you get to the various drugs and plasma from recovered patients they are now using

Back