Netflix Sunderland FC documentary Part 2 - the £100k a year cryo-chamber that only Martin Bain used

mdingwall

Administrator
Mail-SUnderland-Netflix-Martin-Bain-IMG-8221-2.jpg

Can’t wait for this. First series was cracking. Fear it won’t be as good without the bold Martin and his watch collection though.

Can’t wait for this. First series was cracking. Fear it won’t be as good without the bold Martin and his watch collection though.

Dunno about that, from the article this guy Methven sounds a total fud, could be great viewing!

It was our very own Jermaine Defoe who pushed them into installing the cryo chamber ( sure it was more like £300 grand ) and he was the only one who used it

Really enjoyed the 1st series and felt sorry for the fans for everything the went through. I don't know how Rodwell wasn't hammered by fans after his attitude on the first series

Series one was grim viewing at times. I get the chairman’s job is to fire the cannonballs on behalf of the decision makers but even still Bain came across as a tadger.

I thought the first series was a tough watch. Way too much focus on the fact their support are “working class”, you even had one of their managers mention it during a team talk which I thought was just odd.

What was the ridiculous player suggestion in the first series. I'm pretty sure one of the scouts recommended Ibrahimovic or something outrageous like that and Bain just looked at him and said "you do know you work for Sunderland?"

There was also a brilliant documentary about sunderland in the 90s. They built a new stadium to take advantage of getting promoted to the Premiership and were relegated before it opened. Showed you the first game in the new stadium and it was carnage as they forgot to put numbers on the seats.

What was the ridiculous player suggestion in the first series. I'm pretty sure one of the scouts recommended Ibrahimovic or something outrageous like that and Bain just looked at him and said "you do know you work for Sunderland?"

There was also a brilliant documentary about sunderland in the 90s. They built a new stadium to take advantage of getting promoted to the Premiership and were relegated before it opened. Showed you the first game in the new stadium and it was carnage as they forgot to put numbers on the seats.

Zlatan :)

It was our very own Jermaine Defoe who pushed them into installing the cryo chamber ( sure it was more like £300 grand ) and he was the only one who used it
This is the thing, people saying this reflects badly on Bain, I’d say it reflects badly on the players and sports science team for not using something that Man City, for example, use for their star players recovery. It’s not like Bain - fanny that he is - installed it only for his own use.

Another one to add to the list to watch to pass the time, first season was enjoyable but in a cringeworthy sort of way.

I thought the first series was a tough watch. Way too much focus on the fact their support are “working class”, you even had one of their managers mention it during a team talk which I thought was just odd.
"Looks lads it's a shit hole here, if you want to keep your car windows you better perform"

Just finished watching the first series.had a laugh when the new Chairman says we will get shot of the piss takers,exit stage left Martin.

Premier Passions, I remember it, it was absolute carnage, signed Tony Coton for over a million, who then gets injured for the season

Back