Netflix Sunderland FC documentary Part 2 - the £100k a year cryo-chamber that only Martin Bain used

Watched first series again at the weekend, worth it for the worst comeback to an insult in history.

Fan: F*ckin prick

Chris Coleman: Who are you calling a a prick I’m a married man with 6 kids.

The best bit of the entire series for me that.

Coleman’s response has absolutely no relevance to anything the supporter says.

I did enjoy the first series overall but think it would seem confusing to a non-British viewer. Why is this ‘massive club with a massive fan base’ always playing in front of a mostly empty stadium. Why do no players want to go there? It also makes Sunderland seem like the only club with working class fans that has gone through hard times.
Maybe I’m being harsh. The thing I do like is that it shows the emotional effect football has on people.

Anyone have any Sunderland supporter mates? Are they embarrassed by these documentaries?

It was eye opener for the club the way it continued to survive and the way it was also mismanaged, sounds familiar at us if something similar was done

Problem with Sunderland til I die was the way at times it was edited which made it look worse than it was,

I did enjoy the first series overall but think it would seem confusing to a non-British viewer. Why is this ‘massive club with a massive fan base’ always playing in front of a mostly empty stadium. Why do no players want to go there? It also makes Sunderland seem like the only club with working class fans that has gone through hard times.
Maybe I’m being harsh. The thing I do like is that it shows the emotional effect football has on people.

Reality of where the club was going was always going to reflect on attendance every club can suffer that For so called empty stadium average around 29k a game this season isn't bad you will all get the hardcore against those that are only keen when playing in the top League Away support has always held up taking 3k-4k maybe less or more depending on the allocation

Location is a problem and for some players won't sign sames applies other clubs as some players will only want London. Sunderland were looking at a London base for that reason

Just like any club and it's fans it is way of life for some hence why you get that emotional effect

Last edited:
It was eye opener for the club the way it continued to survive and the way it was also mismanaged, sounds familiar at us if something similar was done

Problem with Sunderland til I die was the way at times it was edited which made it look worse than it was,

I had also heard that the Documentary was going to be about their journey to promotion, they were that confident it was going to happen.

Watched both series over the last couple of days and thoroughly enjoyed them. Always had a soft spot for Sunderland. 1973 Rangers and Sunderland won our respective cups. Montgomerys double save is up there with Gordon Banks.

I had also heard that the Documentary was going to be about their journey to promotion, they were that confident it was going to happen.
They lost in the very last minute of the play off final. They win that then the documentary looks completely different. Stewart Donald and David Brent partying with the players, staff etc and everything looks rosy.

Looks like McGeadys injury came at the worst possible time for them. They probably go up if he is fit.

I enjoyed the first series of this and have just watched episode 1 of series 2 and thought it was rubbish. I cant take the new ownrs seriously at all and their new chief executive looks and sounds like an even more of a vain egotistical sod that Bain...

It's a testament to Sunderland's status as Britain's pre-eminent basket case club that they managed to get rid of Martin f*cking Bain only to somehow replace him with an even bigger twat.

I would be bricking it if I was a Sunderland fan. No one has ever really confirmed where Donald's money came from apart from that it's international investors. It's no surprise that he is trying to cut his losses already. You can see the situation getting much, much worse before it gets better.

It’s an odd headline when the story is all about the new owner etc. Guess this is the Scottish paper playing to their target?

This is the thing, people saying this reflects badly on Bain, I’d say it reflects badly on the players and sports science team for not using something that Man City, for example, use for their star players recovery. It’s not like Bain - fanny that he is - installed it only for his own use.

Was gonna say similar. These chambers are widely used in top level sport, crazy that Sunderland weren't even bothering to use theirs.

Although if you're in the 3rd tier and looking to costcut this would be an area you'd look to quite quickly I guess!

They lost in the very last minute of the play off final. They win that then the documentary looks completely different. Stewart Donald and David Brent partying with the players, staff etc and everything looks rosy.

Looks like McGeadys injury came at the worst possible time for them. They probably go up if he is fit.

If they kept Maja till the end of the season they probably go up automatic. He then leaves for free but would have been better off as they only got £1m or thereabouts for him.

If they kept Maja till the end of the season they probably go up automatic. He then leaves for free but would have been better off as they only got £1m or thereabouts for him.
Exactly, and to be fair to the owners I think that was the gamble they were hoping to take.

Maja allowed himself to be manipulated by his agent. Seemed a nice boy but that whole situation summed up the modern footballer perfectly. Money.

Exactly, and to be fair to the owners I think that was the gamble they were hoping to take.

Maja allowed himself to be manipulated by his agent. Seemed a nice boy but that whole situation summed up the modern footballer perfectly. Money.

Not sure I'd agree with that. Bordeaux was an excellent move for the boy in terms of development and he's probably made a lot of money out if it as well.

Back