World Cup 2022 Netherlands v United States, Argentina v Australia - Saturday 3rd

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
VoEHfxI.png

Holland I fancy although itll be a close game I think with ET/Pens a possibility.

Argentina should beat Australia easily but the number of shocks at this World Cup is quite something.

I wouldnt be adverse to seeing The Aussies dump the Argies out for one last randomising of the board.

I really think the Aussies will get a few chances against that Argentinian defence. Question is can they take them when they come along?

I fancy USA to get through against USA and Australia will get a few chances against that Argentina defence

Hope Holland smash the yanks.
Some Dutch players not handling the conditions well and feeling under the weather this past week. They’re not at their best physically on top of not being in great form.

The US have a puncher’s chance and will run Holland close especially if it goes beyond 90mins

I don’t think these two games will be formalities, fully expect both to be close.

Holland V USA is one of those where it could go both ways, Dutch have not impressed at the tournament so far. On paper, you'd go for the Dutch but I wouldn't be surprised if the US shocked them

the other seems even more easier on paper but Argentina just need to stay away from that 2nd half V Saudi Arabia to go through I'd reckon. They've controlled the last two games and I think they will have enough firepower to win by a few goals, although they could do with Lautaro Martinez starting to show something as he had pre-tournament hype for top goalscorer and he's not anywhere near that

Really fancy USA to knock the Dutch out today, although can see it being an ET / pens game.

The US midfield 3 of Adams, McKennie and Musah have been quality - strong, athletic and tidy on the ball. The only issue they have, similar to quite a few teams in the competition, is a lack of top drawer striking options so they'll need to hope that Pulisic is fit and firing.

The Dutch have been pretty dull all round with the exception of Gakpo, would be impressive stuff if he makes it 4 from 4.

Can't see anything other than a 2 or 3 goal win for the argies in the other game.

It’s a pretty uninspiring last 16 with many of the less entertaining teams sneaking in so can see some tight scorelines. Hopefully the good teams win these and make it interesting again in the quarters.

Argentina will surely see off a bang average Australia team, can see USA bearing Netherlands unless they play a lot better than they have so far.

Game too far for the US I fear, can see them being running on empty
Argentina will hammer Oz

It’s a pretty uninspiring last 16 with many of the less entertaining teams sneaking in so can see some tight scorelines. Hopefully the good teams win these and make it interesting again in the quarters.

Argentina will surely see off a bang average Australia team, can see USA bearing Netherlands unless they play a lot better than they have so far.

A lot of pretty average teams going well because they have really good coaching.

The defending in the competition has been great in general.

Some teams that were historically bad at football are defending really well because of great coaching.

I can see the first one going to extra time, but cannot see past Argentina in the second.
I’m hoping the Australians dump the Argies out, but it is highly unlikely

I have to say I feel sorry for James Sands and Malik Tillman right now as I suspect, both of them would have been there
had it not been for our disastrous start to this season.

What a save but I think Pulisic might have been offside anyway

No shocking from Blind to play him onside

I'm going US wins. Similar to the Dutch in that they have some good class players surrounded by some bang average support, but the US work better as a team.

Back