World Cup 2022 Netherlands v United States, Argentina v Australia - Saturday 3rd

He can return to his planet now

nVfcK6U.jpg
If you could pick out one player in the tournament who looked like a junkie mentally challenged you'd definitely pick him

Tough to see Argentina winning the tournament for the simple fact they only have one Messi. If they had one to create and then one to finish chances then they'd be a sure bet

Why doesn't Dybala get more of a chance?

Surely be a good option

Lautaro has majorly flopped so far

Australia a team of very ordinary players almost snatched extra time at the end of the game. Maybe Gio will learn something, too late for Rangers, that an inferior team if organised can compete.

Messi was absolutely ridiculous there. 35 years old and still does things that no-one else on the planet can do.

Argentina, though, make so many mistakes as a team. Think I fancy Holland against them on Friday.

Messi was absolutely ridiculous there. 35 years old and still does things that no-one else on the planet can do.

Argentina, though, make so many mistakes as a team. Think I fancy Holland against them on Friday.

Messi laid some chances on a plate there, against a better team they can't afford to not be clinical enough.

Messi was magic right enough but it remains to be seen if he can carry this particular team enough against the top teams.

The answer to Lineker’s half time quiz question (nine countries that being and end with an A).

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Algeria, Angola, Antigua

Decent performance from Australia.

They were very solid defensively exempt from the clanger for the second goal.

A technically limited team coached to play a good defensive system.

The answer to Lineker’s half time quiz question (nine countries that being and end with an A).

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Algeria, Angola, Antigua
Antigua is actually an island. The country is actually Antigua and Barbuda.

But hey it still starts and ends in A. :cool:

#pedanticloyal :D

Thanks for this. I had 8 and it was doing my nut in. Missed out on Armenia.

Why doesn't Dybala get more of a chance?

Surely be a good option

Lautaro has majorly flopped so far
Curse of the Argie strikers. Remember Higuain at Brazil 2014? Surprised he was allowed back in the Country after that.

Just when I was thinking I couldnt watch Australia a minute longer, the young lad almost scored at the death. I was on the rowing machine and let out a shout (involuntary) :D My first emotion in the entire game.

Watching the U.S is like watching Rangers for me. Plenty of possession, corner kicks that amount to nothing and next to no danger in the final third of the field. Then sucker punched by the opposition.

Watching the U.S is like watching Rangers for me. Plenty of possession, corner kicks that amount to nothing and next to no danger in the final third of the field. Then sucker punched by the opposition.

U.S. have loads of players who are good at dribbling but have no footballing intelligence, they dribbling the ball past the opposition but then don't know what to do.

Run, run, dribble, dribble, oops... lose the ball... Counterattack... Goal down...

I see Piers Morgan is upset with the BBC pundits. Clearly a paid up full member of the CR7 PR machine now.

Linekar saying England shouldn't play Kyle Walker as he's the only full back in the world who can match Mbappe.

Never mind having to beat Senegal first
context needed on your comment mate. He said to not pick him as he was only FB who could match his(Mbappe) speed and could be injury risk: if they got though.

Australia a team of very ordinary players almost snatched extra time at the end of the game. Maybe Gio will learn something, too late for Rangers, that an inferior team if organised can compete.

Absolutely laughable comment.

Its like some "Rangers supporters" have forgotten we go to a Europa League final last season beating Dortmund, Red Star, Braga and Leipzig along the way. Then beating PSV to get to the CL this season.

Even just from Gios perspective he won a league with Feyenoord, their only title win in the past 20 odd years.

Any excuse to get a dig in, I suppose. Even if you need to make yourself look like an utter moron to get that dig.

Like a slightly healthier Willo Flood.
Always reminds of years ago when he signed for them. Was watching Sky Sports and he was being interviewed. My wife walked in and asked, "oh poor thing, what's wrong with him?" Thinking it was some kind of health benefit thing.

My response - He signed for celtc.

Yeah, Gio should have said "lads, make sure they miss some real sitters then score a complete fluke to make the scoreline looks closer than it actually was."

People keep saying "it is four years too early" for the teams with a few decent youngsters.

They have been saying that about the Belgian team for years but they never came to success.

Messi doesn’t get on the ball often enough for me.

Maradona wanted it all the time and would drop back to take the ball off the defence then drive at opponents in trying to make something happen.

Messi just seems to hang around waiting on somebody giving him the ball in the final third.

That’s the difference for me.

What was Maradona doing with his football career at 35?

Cheers

Absolutely laughable comment.

Its like some "Rangers supporters" have forgotten we go to a Europa League final last season beating Dortmund, Red Star, Braga and Leipzig along the way. Then beating PSV to get to the CL this season.

Even just from Gios perspective he won a league with Feyenoord, their only title win in the past 20 odd years.

Any excuse to get a dig in, I suppose. Even if you need to make yourself look like an utter moron to get that dig.
Why has Gio been sacked then? It was his own comment that we could not compete against teams in the Champions League.

Messi does look like he could drag the team to glory. I thought he didn’t deserve player of the tournament in 2014, I think that was FIFA just trying to use his brand. Different this time.

They definitely need to start Alvarez over Martinez.

I've been impressed with Behich and Baccus during Australia's games to be honest. Especially Behich's run and blocked by Martinez, thought that was gonna be goal of the tournament!

Back