Never been happier to be a Bear.

Greenisland Bear

Yes, I know we haven' won much of late.

Winning for me isn't everything,

It's the community and friendships I've built up supporting the Teddies,

Would not trade it for the world.

The Bears will always be the best part of my life (Don't tell the wife)

I happened to grow up during the glory years so these barren times just make me realise the better times will be worth the wait,

Take the football out of my life, and is rather meaninglessness

I may come out with some stupid posts from time to time, but I always speak from the heart.

What I',m trying to say is, I love The Gers and Follow Follow.

To Health + Happiness and hopefully better times.

I happened to grow up during the glory years so these barren times just make me realise the better times will be worth the wait,

I may come out with some stupid posts from time to time, but I always speak from the heart.

Ridiculous amount of Rangers tops on show today.

Looks like the majority of Rangers fans are on the same thinking as you mate.

The good time are not far away again.... mark my words! Until then, just be thankful and enormously proud that you were born under a Union Flag! #GSTQ!

Well said mate.

There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers.

Despite the tough times we’ve endured over the last 8 years or so I wake up and everyday I’m genuinely grateful that I’m not one of them.

I would genuinely not give up being a Rangers fan even if it meant them winning 12244545.75 in a row. They will still never compare to us. :)

You would think with them having been given another title & claiming the 9, I'd be absolutely gutted. But I don't know if it's the tainted way they have won it, or the current pandemic making football in general seem a bit more insignificant, but I'm not.

Then you marry that with the board starting to take on the cabal, & the new retail deal, which for me is very exciting & the first time in years can paint a very positive picture, & I'm in a quite positive place.

I've a mental image of an athlete trying to take on another athlete but weighed down with chains. For the first time it's as if we've finally broke free from the chains of Ashley weighing us down. The expense, effort & sheer distraction we've spent fighting him must have taken some toll.

We can now concentrate on real fight within Scottish football, both on & off the park. They didn't want to see us rise again but you feel now that this club is ready for take off. I know we've never been the most patient, I know we need to win, but the blocks are in place. We have good Rangers men overseeing us like Douglas Park, we have young vibrant individuals in the club now in Gerrard, Ross Wilson, James Bisgrove. Even the retail deal is exciting & ambitious. The future is bright if we give it a chance!

Obviously we want and need to start winning things but this 8.75iar thing has perfectly encapsulated Sellik mindedness, the bizarre confluence of self-aggrandisement (this is the best ever title, ever) and victimhood (anyone who says it isn't is an anti irish racist) gives bears an enormous sense of self worth and a peaceful, easy feeling. It is going to be all back to normal very soon. Let's go!

You would think with them having been given another title & claiming the 9, I'd be absolutely gutted. But I don't know if it's the tainted way they have won it, or the current pandemic making football in general seem a bit more insignificant, but I'm not.

Then you marry that with the board starting to take on the cabal, & the new retail deal, which for me is very exciting & the first time in years can paint a very positive picture, & I'm in a quite positive place.

I've a mental image of an athlete trying to take on another athlete but weighed down with chains. For the first time it's as if we've finally broke free from the chains of Ashley weighing us down. The expense, effort & sheer distraction we've spent fighting him must have taken some toll.

We can now concentrate on real fight within Scottish football, both on & off the park. They didn't want to see us rise again but you feel now that this club is ready for take off. I know we've never been the most patient, I know we need to win, but the blocks are in place. We have good Rangers men overseeing us like Douglas Park, we have young vibrant individuals in the club now in Gerrard, Ross Wilson, James Bisgrove. Even the retail deal is exciting & ambitious. The future is bright if we give it a chance!
Get in

Bang on mate...

Iv'e tried to be honest with myself and how i would feel if Rangers had been in their position.
It wouldn't sit right with me and i would know deep down it wasn't a proper achievement it would be tarnished.
I'd be embarrassed at my manager and captain touting in the media for the title knowing no other club in the world was doing this amongst outrageous daily deaths.
I think the ultimate though is if Gerrard came out and said this is our best ever. Why say that when it wasn't even won? Why say that and disrespect the 40,000 deaths and people confined to their homes?
There is a massive difference between us and them.

I started attending matches during season 1967/68 so therefore experienced their first 9 in a row (sorry they haven't done it a second time). My 2 much older brothers who started going during the Baxter era kept telling me that we would come again. They were right. Keep on follow following bears :)) :))

Been going to Ibrox for over 50 years. The hairs still stand on the back of my neck every time I see it.

I’ve been a hell of a lot happier as a bear and so has everyone else, but I get your drift, OP.

Even in desperate times I thank my lucky stars every day for having generations of family consisting entirely of bears/ bearettes.

Ultimately I fall back on the fact that I am proud to be a Ger and am not at all like that mhob. I'll never understand how any decent human being supports an organisation with such an atrocious history. Winning isn't everything but in the sporting sense it is for me. I long for the day my fellow supporters, friends and family members can celebrate being back on top where I believe we belong. In the meantime at least I'm not one of that lot.

I am proud to be a Bear down here in England. When you see a fellow bear you just know of the wavelength they are on too

I also grew up in the Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow era and remember all the good times back then, I also remember the barren times, pre Souness, when I travelled with my brother on the Helen St Supporters Bus, long journeys to Aberdeen seemed longer due to the poor performances and poor results.
But then the good times returned, we won 9 in a row, we were privileged to see some excellent football and footballers like Laudrup and Gascoigne and some glorious European nights at Ibrox.
Sadly in 2012 that all ended due partly to a corrupt SFA & SPFL, but like the pre Souness day's, the loyal fans stuck by our great Football Club. I genuinely think that thanks to Dave King, Douglas Park and the Board, the young and exciting Football Board and the very exciting Steven Gerrard and his backroom staff we are very close to seeing the good times back at Ibrox, 55 is very possible next season ( if Football can get back to normal).
Stay positive bears and remember WATP

Few beers in the sun yesterday OP?

I do agree i have never felt more proud to be a bear.

but I would swap everything for a league title!!

Back