Never gets old Alex Miller screamer

First time I saw us win there second time was the second video posted , too many narrow defeats and stupid draws in between.
The ball left Millers foot and there was a split second after it hit the net before everyone went mental :))
The Ray Wilkins goal in the 5-1 game was the same. It took a second for us to process what we had just seen!

Popped up on my youttube. Made even better by Wille Johnston's piss take at the shy.

This is in the big bucket of games I was too wee to have been at, but that Rangers end looks magnificent and brings memories of my first few visits to the sty.

My auld pops was there.

Popped up on my youttube. Made even better by Wille Johnston's piss take at the shy.

This is in the big bucket of games I was too wee to have been at, but that Rangers end looks magnificent and brings memories of my first few visits to the sty.

My auld pops was there.
I was directly in line with that going in

I'd regularly seen us get cuffed at the Piggery, even lose the League there, and was expecting us to lose again that day. I missed the game, and Miller's belter of a winner, as I was honking with the 'flu. Typical me. :D

1st April 1989 to be exact. Drinkell and Fergie with the goals.

incredible stat that, I had to look it up!

was shocked it took so long under the Souness era to get a win there.

Correct mate. Was Fergie given that goal in the end? I know McCoist was always trying to claim it.

Woods saving that wee mutants penalty late on too :)

Correct mate. Was Fergie given that goal in the end? I know McCoist was always trying to claim it.

Woods saving that wee mutants penalty late on too :)

Got to give it for Fergie for that effort, Coisty doing his job though, always there for the follow up to make sure.

was that the Gough handball on the bounce?

My best memory of that mhidden.

What a feeling thousands of Bears marching up London Road from Brigton Cross, 20,000 strong in the Rangers End and even an expeditionary force in the Jungle.

Yes I was there.
The goal looked even better from behind the goal.
I think it was our first win there for a while which made it even sweeter..

Remember getting bricked by mutants from the old railway line that ran alongside Springfield road when walking to dalmarnock station after the game.

I was playing in an amateur game against Bridgeton Waverley that day.

When the roar went up the game stopped and players from both sides either celebrated or slumped.

(Can't even remember if we finished our game.)

My abiding of that game and goal was wanting to leave just before it as I wanted to avoid the mayhem of my previous visits to the Piggery.
I was with my brother and reminded him that the Tims after a game there would congregate at a disused railway bridge and pelt us with stones,rubble and whatever else they could lay their hands on.
It was terrifying to be honest but he steadfastly said no to my dissatisfaction !.
Before I knew it Willie Johnston took a throw in and it landed right on Alex Miller's path and the rest is history as they say.
Pandemonium ensued in the Rangers end obviously...boy was I glad my brother persuaded me to stay.
A goal that will live in memory forever,absolutely fabulous.

Wish ‘Big Beastie’s’ first half volley had went in.

It would’ve been one of the greatest OF goals of all time. Having said that, Alex Miller’s was a belter.

Amazing that we didn’t beat them there until 9 years after that!

My auld pops was there.
What was the date of the game.
81?

My auld pops was there.
I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure he did his ice cream van round that night thru the Hardgate

Great seeing Bud put that prick Provan in his box. What a peach by Alex Miller though.

The visual camera quality for back then seems above all else from that particular time. Always loved that goal.

In my 45 years being alive I still haven't been at that cesspit and unless someone drags me there I will never see inside that breeze block shitehole! Winning league or not. I'd rather piss rainbows or shite unicorns before stepping anywhere near those fucktards or their chamber of open secrets!

Provan tried the same nonsense when Bud was playing for Hearts. This time he cheated, feigned injury and got Johnston sent off. Two trackside police officers who saw Provan’s deception offered to testify to the SFA on his behalf but this was rejected.

Won both cups and great run in European cup beat juventus. Wow and psv that season? under John Greig
Unfortunately just fell short

Was there also. Danced all the way home to Tom Hark much to the amusement of the bus driver. Met Bud a few years ago and thanked him for the memory. We hadn’t won there for ages. Brilliant day.
Talking of Tom Hark, we had 20,000 Bears singing it at the end of the game without a mention of a flute, the pope or the IRA.

If we could only bring that version back?

Naive Loyal.

Talking of Tom Hark, we had 20,000 Bears singing it at the end of the game without a mention of a flute, the pope or the IRA.

If we could only bring that version back?

Naive Loyal.
You sure about that, the version i remember was "UDA all the way feck the pope and the IRA "

That Rangers end looks bonkers. Love seeing stuff like this. My Granda lost his shoe after that goal and took a good 10 minutes to get it back. Said all the bears in the section where looking about then they found it near the front and it got passed up.

Nice how blocking the throw-in becomes the main aspect of setting up the goal!

The celebrations when that hit the net were absolute mayhem!

Although obviously the moment that game is remembered for, on the way home we were all talking about how good our new signing Jim Bett was. A few over excited older guys were comparing him to Baxter!
Me among them.
My dad just laughed.

Was part of the subway loyal that day. We had parked round the back of the Celtic end, can't remember why, and just as we got outside the roar went up, obviously from our end. Then had to put our scarfs up our jumpers for the dangerous trip through the pissed off mhanky hordes.

My auld pops was there.
I was arrested that day. For absolutely nothing. hadn't even had a drink.

I've spoke to my Da since posting. His memories are that it was mental, my uncle got lifted, he had a ticket for the main stand.

Some strike! Slightly before my time.

On another note, the McAdam brothers on opposing sides of the Old Firm - has that happened with any other brothers?

Back