New 4 Lads Had a Dream match day song

I think it is a great song and version. The consensus was that the older version was too slow as a sing along. You would like to think they consulted with the UB.

As always we the fans spoil something with a silly add on that although not offensive is not really family friendly. The add on should be kept for buses and pubs If you really must.

I think it is a great song and version. The consensus was that the older version was too slow as a sing along. You would like to think they consulted with the UB.

As always we the fans spoil something with a silly add on that although not offensive is not really family friendly. The add on should be kept for buses and pubs If you really must.
The version of every Saturday we follow I heard he has a recording of the union bears singing it and he’s added a backing track to it,not overbearing backing track but to me it fitted it nicely

Jesus Christ where do I begin ?

What is the obsession within our club to “ megamix” every song and utterly ruin them ?

I absolutely loved the version of this song already played at the ground , the emotional , proper version . It had the hairs on the neck up every time.

I’m absolutely aghast at this . Why speed it up and add tacky neddy synth beat ? Another brilliant song utterly ruined . It can’t be just me who thinks this .

There had been lots of complaints the other one was too slow. It's never going to get universal approval. I have to say it took a few listens to convert me. The guy who did it has an obvious talent. I know he listens to fans singing songs and uses key sung and tempo etc.. As stated he did a great recording incorporating UB singing Every Saturday we follow.. put drums and music to it. Turned out great in my opinion.

He also made a great, if so different version of PRW.

Consensus among who ? I wasn’t asked . Who was surveyed ?

Do we face every single Rangers song being mega mixed and sped up to some like some cheesy dance song from the 90s ? It’s been utterly ruined . Original version was far , far superior . I’m starting to think someone is at it , we wanted rid of the dreadful 90s megamix , now the club are adding to it.

Wrong, wrong , wrong.

our issue as a support is the fact our fans tend to sing a song as fast as they possibly can! Blue Sea of Ibrox is the worst for it.
This grinds my gears something awful, ends up with the Broomloan being ahead of the Copland or the Main Stand so on. Because I jump about from MFP to Broomloan sometimes I notice it each time. 10 german bombers v Leverkusen was one of the worst, don’t think anyone knew how many bombers we were on!.

Not sure of the song, not totally against but I’m old fashioned and like the original. As outlined above with slower songs our fans struggle to keep in time and end up all shouting over each other with different bits of the song. The video is really good though.

Last edited:
The original song was penned by myself on the old boards.
Everything else recorded and put on YouTube since has been a rip off :p

Fair play to all involved in this latest project, hopefully it will be a massive success, club seem to be very pro active in this area which is pleasing.

our issue as a support is the fact our fans tend to sing a song as fast as they possibly can! Blue Sea of Ibrox is the worst for it.

Our obsession with “ speeding up” songs has utterly ruined the atmosphere at our games over the last 25 years or so .

It seems the fast clap gram of sulph brigade have managed to even reach the club itself , for someone to “ commission” a guy to utterly wreck one of the best songs we have which tells the Rangers story , beautifully , speed it up and add techno beat should be utterly laughed at and put in the bin. If I didn’t know better I’d think this is April 1st .

“ such a beautiful story “ , ruined and trashed by adding a neddy euro beat . Maybe I’m just getting old but I’ll never understand this decision.

Can see the season is getting closer to kick off, plenty of moaning getting done. This thread could be the pre season for the match day thread. Don't like it don't sing it, really don't like it get in touch with the club. Like it? Then sing it from your sofa because sadly we won't be going near Ibrox for a while yet

Jesus Christ where do I begin ?

What is the obsession within our club to “ megamix” every song and utterly ruin them ?

I absolutely loved the version of this song already played at the ground , the emotional , proper version . It had the hairs on the neck up every time.

I’m absolutely aghast at this . Why speed it up and add tacky neddy synth beat ? Another brilliant song utterly ruined . It can’t be just me who thinks this .

You’re spot on.

Exciting stuff from MyGers!

Quite right to ditch safe standing, all our time must be put in to this.

The original song was penned by myself on the old boards.
Everything else recorded and put on YouTube since has been a rip off :p

Fair play to all involved in this latest project, hopefully it will be a massive success, club seem to be very pro active in this area which is pleasing.

Rest assured only your original version will be played in my house . This latest effort is an affront, in my opinion .

New DJ next please!
Can see us winning the league next year and the guy will just play Blue Sea of Ibrox on repeat. It’s going to end up overplayed like Penny Arcade.
We need to start playing the Drifters again after we beat the tramps.
Not to mention get rid of that goal celebration song - it’s rotten!

I don’t mind it at all. Video is great.
I think the video is the selling point more than the song and it goes well together, would be nice to have atmospheric montages before matches. Oh remember that goal, oh what a day, children of any age asking dad's who's that? Were you at the game? What it's all about

Rest assured only your original version will be played in my house . This latest effort is an affront, in my opinion .

the version you refer to isn’t mine

I only wrote the song on the old board and it transferred to the stands.

People have then made their own verses up and stuck them on YouTube

thread was a belter.

the version you refer to isn’t mine

I only wrote the song on the old board and it transferred to the stands.

People have then made their own verses up and stuck them on YouTube

thread was a belter.

Well I’ll be playing the original slower version and I’ll never again play this scheme rat megamix new version . One listen was plenty . God awful .

Our obsession with “ speeding up” songs has utterly ruined the atmosphere at our games over the last 25 years or so .

It seems the fast clap gram of sulph brigade have managed to even reach the club itself , for someone to “ commission” a guy to utterly wreck one of the best songs we have which tells the Rangers story , beautifully , speed it up and add techno beat should be utterly laughed at and put in the bin. If I didn’t know better I’d think this is April 1st .

“ such a beautiful story “ , ruined and trashed by adding a neddy euro beat . Maybe I’m just getting old but I’ll never understand this decision.
I was thinking the other day how we should try get Derry’s walls to the tune of amazing grace going again. Then remembered we can’t even sing Derry’s walls at its right pace never mind even slower.

Well I’ll be playing the original slower version and I’ll never again play this scheme rat megamix new version . One listen was plenty . God awful .
One listen is not enough. Unless you are taking the stance "I've made my decision and I'm not moving" I was the same as you (without the "I'll never listen again) and I thought "Hmm" I've listened to it with more volume and better speakers than my phone. I still like the other version. But this has more energy and will come over that way in the stadium in my opinion. By the way... This version was release before the one you prefer!! I put it on YouTube. It has 1.7M hits. Now this does have a dance beat!!!

Oh and BTW. I would record it slightly different from the new version too. A few changes I would make. But then so would many of us :D

Dancey version doesn't work for fans singing / joining in.

Would love to record a version where it is slower and sounds like a crowd singing as opposed to one voice.

Or leave as previous version

One listen is not enough. Unless you are taking the stance "I've made my decision and I'm not moving" I was the same as you (without the "I'll never listen again) and I thought "Hmm" I've listened to it with more volume and better speakers than my phone. I still like the other version. But this has more energy and will come over that way in the stadium in my opinion. By the way... This version was release before the one you prefer!! I put it on YouTube. It has 1.7M hits. Now this does have a dance beat!!!

Even with my sennheiser momentum headphones on I can assure you to me it sounds utterly chronic . How to ruin a brilliant song in one fell swoop and what’s worse “ commissioned “ by the club to do so . Head scratching stuff .

Even with my sennheiser momentum headphones on I can assure you to me it sounds utterly chronic . How to ruin a brilliant song in one fell swoop and what’s worse “ commissioned “ by the club to do so . Head scratching stuff .
But it's about opinion. Some people think the original one commissioned by the club is boring, lacks energy and would send you to sleep. They wanted a version that would have people bouncing to. The club delivered

But it's about opinion. Some people think the original one commissioned by the club is boring, lacks energy and would send you to sleep. They wanted a version that would have people bouncing to. The club delivered

Ive asked several times who was surveyed about the song? Season ticket holders ? Who are“ they “ that the club listened to ? I certainly wasn’t asked . The club seem determined to trash every decent song we have and cannibalise it into some euro-pap dance remix from the 90s . It’s utterly appalling and I’d be astonished if there was a majority preferring this god awful new mix in comparison to the old one . As you say that’s my opinion , but I am not alone .

Back