New 4 Lads Had a Dream match day song

I was thinking the other day how we should try get Derry’s walls to the tune of amazing grace going again. Then remembered we can’t even sing Derry’s walls at its right pace never mind even slower.
There’s some folk on here who don’t want any non-Rangers songs despite the fact they’re probably some of the best chants you’ll hear at a football match. Derry’s Grace, Derry’s Walls and Build My Gallows, magnificent.

I’ve listened to it a few times and it’s actually starting to grow on me.

You won’t really hear the beat in big European nights when everyone is singing it.

I’ve listened to it a few times and it’s actually starting to grow on me.

You won’t really hear the beat in big European nights when everyone is singing it.
That's how I felt. It's so much more bouncy

There are things I would do different, but those things may not go down well with many :D

The same folk moaning about are probably the ones who think the recording of loyalist songs by Bobby Parks on his Casio keyboard from the 90s are good.

Think its the other way about. Sounds like a casio keyboard was used when recording this.

Why do we always have to rave it up like some shitey scooter song ,just leave it as is without turning it into some cheesy dance record

I think it's far from Agadoo- tremendous re-working of a classic. Think this booming out the speakers at Ibrox will be amazing!

The singer is fine and I love the song and the video but the mega mix beat makes it sound very dated to me.

The original 4 Lads song is one of my favorites and I really wish it would be sung more at Ibrox. Its spine tingling when the whole stadium sings it.

Gerry Cinnamon does Rangers songs. Shocker.

Must we blindly copy everything Liverpool do just because we have Stevie G.

The first newsletter was pretty underwhelming, it’s absolutely mental that the club have thrown Safe Standing out the window to get some guy to megamix one of the best Rangers songs played at Ibrox.

The Famous Glasgow Rangers version at Ibrox is horrific and needs improved.

I like the new version but also liked the old version. Would like to see Wolverhampton Town and Follow Follow remastered if any of the tunes at the stadium.

Somebody needs to straighten the 63/64 League pennant in the trophy room. That’s the 2nd video now I’ve seen where it’s crooked.

However, to answer the OP, brilliant video and good vocals, but I’m not a fan of the drum machine or the pace of the song.

I've listened to the new version again and I'll be honest I think it will be class played at the stadium. Brilliant song to start with.
I hope we do the same with some other songs.

The original song was penned by myself on the old boards.
Everything else recorded and put on YouTube since has been a rip off :p

Fair play to all involved in this latest project, hopefully it will be a massive success, club seem to be very pro active in this area which is pleasing.
I’d like to cyber-shake your hand mate. It’s a wonderful song with great lyrics. You did the Rangers tradition a great service.

I was thinking the other day how we should try get Derry’s walls to the tune of amazing grace going again. Then remembered we can’t even sing Derry’s walls at its right pace never mind even slower.

I hate that.

Derry's Walls is a rousing battle song to be sung with force.

The last way I want to hear it is to some Ellie Goilding style mawkish John Lewis Christmas ad backing track.

Somebody needs to straighten the 63/64 League pennant in the trophy room. That’s the 2nd video now I’ve seen where it’s crooked.

However, to answer the OP, brilliant video and good vocals, but I’m not a fan of the drum machine or the pace of the song.
Noticed that for the 1st time on this video. Agree it needs sorted.

I hate that.

Derry's Walls is a rousing battle song to be sung with force.

The last way I want to hear it is to some Ellie Goilding style mawkish John Lewis Christmas ad backing track.
Songs sung slowly can also be inspirational. The night it was sung against Bayern in 1972 it sounded tremendous. I don't know if you have heard it, even the German commentator made reference to it.

I've listened to the new version again and I'll be honest I think it will be class played at the stadium. Brilliant song to start with.
I hope we do the same with some other songs.
The worst song we have recorded recently is Every other Saturday. The one with The Proclaimers sound. Then when 'Me oh me oh my' is sung it's 500 miles an hour. Truly rotten. Fortunately it is very seldom played!!

The worst song we have recorded recently is Every other Saturday. The one with The Proclaimers sound. Then when 'Me oh me oh my' is sung it's 500 miles an hour. Truly rotten. Fortunately it is very seldom played!!

Agree with you on that one . You are standing at the stadium and people start to join in , then it’s as if the DJ speeds up the record and everyone just stops singing and looks around with a confused look on their faces ..... again, how can anyone at the club think that’s a good version ? Beggars belief .....it gets so fast at the end it’s basically all one word to keep up with the dreadful megamix beat added.....

“butIdonthavetotellyouthatthebestofallwelovetoseetheRangersscore....” All in one breath ffs

In my opinion it is best to keep things as simple as possible with regards to the musical arrangement. The most important part is a good vocal and the pace at which the song is sung.

Songs sung slowly can also be inspirational. The night it was sung against Bayern in 1972 it sounded tremendous. I don't know if you have heard it, even the German commentator made reference to it.

I have heard it. Don't like it at all.

The video is brilliant.

I’m not a fan of the dance music remix version of the song, though.

I much prefer the one I have.
Don’t know the singer, but it’s a Barcelona 72/Four Young Lads Had A Dream Version.

How many versions of this song are kicking about, BTW?

Still to hear a better one than the one I've mentioned above.

How many versions of this song are kicking about, BTW?

Still to hear a better one than the one I've mentioned above.
This was the 1st one that I added the verses to The standard bearers words/chorus we all sing. I've never liked it, (told this to Ally who recorded it for me) but it has 1.7M views by far the highest of any videos I've posted. More than all of them put together!

This was the 1st one that I added the verses to The standard bearers words/chorus we all sing. I've never liked it, (told this to Ally who recorded it for me) but it has 1.7M views by far the highest of any videos I've posted. More than all of them put together!

Sorry, bud, not a fan of that either.
I’d prefer us to move away from the 90-style megamix versions.

Reactions: WBD
Listened to this again, and I actually think the singer had made a really decent stab at this.

The video is obviously superb.

However, the stupid 90s-style dance music megamix completely ruins what would otherwise be a really decent effort.

Why oh why do we continue to do this with every song?

I want John Squire on guitar for Every Saturday We Follow.

There must be a massive majority who love the dance megamix backing track because every song is ruined by it!

I think the new one is fine - the thing I ask is 'can you sing along to it?'. I think you can to this one.

As someone who spent a great number of years editing the playlist in The Louden to improve the atmosphere and let songs flow its the most important thing.

Back