New 4 Lads Had a Dream match day song

I’m love the song - not convinced about the dancy bits but don’t hate it like some people but I love love love the video.
Would love to see more of this stuff on the screens before the matches.

EUiBPNQWsAMymtl

But it's about opinion. Some people think the original one commissioned by the club is boring, lacks energy and would send you to sleep. They wanted a version that would have people bouncing to. The club delivered

sounds like the pish youd hear at those nights you wanted to run.

Love it. The Club really now focused on making sure every single detail both on and off the pitch is fitting for our stature and I think this style fits perfectly with all the plans and vision of things going forward. Can't wait to hear it when Ibrox is packed again.

Ive asked several times who was surveyed about the song? Season ticket holders ? Who are“ they “ that the club listened to ? I certainly wasn’t asked . The club seem determined to trash every decent song we have and cannibalise it into some euro-pap dance remix from the 90s . It’s utterly appalling and I’d be astonished if there was a majority preferring this god awful new mix in comparison to the old one . As you say that’s my opinion , but I am not alone .
Nobody said there was a survey. I assume they listened to the reaction when the song is played. If like me they thought like me there was almost zero reaction. Having a vested interest in that I wrote the verses either side of the chorus, I always looked around the area I have my ST for bears actions during it being played. Almost in its entirety no enthusiasm for.the song. Add to that, the fact they had so many (I don't know the numbers) complaining the song was too slow and lacked energy to get the heart pumping. I have, many times.liatened to.the 2 version clicking from one to the other and the new version stretches away on each listen. But I agree, not all.will.like it. I hate the opening barres with that fading coming and going volumean drone. Fortunately it doesn't continue.

Nobody said there was a survey. I assume they listened to the reaction when the song is played. If like me they thought like me there was almost zero reaction. Having a vested interest in that I wrote the verses either side of the chorus, I always looked around the area I have my ST for bears actions during it being played. Almost in its entirety no enthusiasm for.the song. Add to that, the fact they had so many (I don't know the numbers) complaining the song was too slow and lacked energy to get the heart pumping. I have, many times.liatened to.the 2 version clicking from one to the other and the new version stretches away on each listen. But I agree, not all.will.like it. I hate the opening barres with that fading coming and going volumean drone. Fortunately it doesn't continue.

You said in your post that the club have listened to fans who complained the song was too slow. But you seem unable to tell me which fans the club listened to . What dialogue was there ? As someone with a season ticket for 30 years , full RTV subscription, mygers and so on , I wasn’t asked . So again , I’ll ask you, using your words the club listened and “ delivered “ by commissioning this mess of a remix . Who did the club listen to ? Who has the final say on what songs and versions of songs get played ? Because they are utterly clueless if this is their idea of progress .

Where I sit with my boy in BR 2 the original was sung with gusto pre match so you couldn’t have been looking very far if you think nobody sung it .

Remixes like this done on the cheap with some amateur Yamaha sound utterly , utterly dreadful , neddy , cringeworthy . If this version is played at Ibrox it will be embarrassing . That’s only one mans opinion, mine , but I won’t be changing it . It’s a genuine concern and has been for years our MC seems lazy , I’ll informed and unable to grasp what fans like to hear . This song , the original , was a diamond in the rough and sounded amazing sung at games . Why change it ?

I
You said in your post that the club have listened to fans who complained the song was too slow. But you seem unable to tell me which fans the club listened to . What dialogue was there ? As someone with a season ticket for 30 years , full RTV subscription, mygers and so on , I wasn’t asked . So again , I’ll ask you, using your words the club listened and “ delivered “ by commissioning this mess of a remix . Who did the club listen to ? Who has the final say on what songs and versions of songs get played ? Because they are utterly clueless if this is their idea of progress .

Where I sit with my boy in BR 2 the original was sung with gusto pre match so you couldn’t have been looking very far if you think nobody sung it .

Remixes like this done on the cheap with some amateur Yamaha sound utterly , utterly dreadful , neddy , cringeworthy . If this version is played at Ibrox it will be embarrassing . That’s only one mans opinion, mine , but I won’t be changing it . It’s a genuine concern and has been for years our MC seems lazy , I’ll informed and unable to grasp what fans like to hear . This song , the original , was a diamond in the rough and sounded amazing sung at games . Why change it ?
I've told you all I know

How would you know what 'pish' would be played if there was never one done? Also I think it would difficult to make that sound with an acoustic guitar.

Going by the samples on here and the clips of the scouser one that you were basing it on.

Songs awful and will do nothing for the atmosphere of lack of it.

I think it is a great song and version. The consensus was that the older version was too slow as a sing along. You would like to think they consulted with the UB.

As always we the fans spoil something with a silly add on that although not offensive is not really family friendly. The add on should be kept for buses and pubs If you really must.
I have no idea what the add on will be but it's probably best not to post it as it'll give the moronic loyal another excuse to conscribed yet another of our songs.

Judging by the twitter reaction I’m not alone In my revulsion at this brilliant song being reworked and mega mixed . It’s being utterly ridiculed rightly so . Hopefully this is fed back to the club .

Im really not a fan of this version, love the song and the lyrics but listened to this a few times and just can't take to it. Also the way he sings '54 titles at 1.57 just doesn't sound right to me.

I quite like it.

The person who done the vocals has a good track record of recording our anthems and I have no complaints about this one... Admittedly I still prefer the original but see no issue with this or why people have such an issue. It’s not like previous versions will be forgotten or ditched.

I think the older one is better to listen to but this version is better to sing along to as we usually sing the songs faster than they are played.

Reactions: WBD
I think the older one is better to listen to but this version is better to sing along to as we usually sing the songs faster than they are played.

Every song sung at Ibrox seems to increasingly become a race to the end. They get faster and faster. I wouldn't say this version is noticeably slower than what gets sung in the Stadium in all honestly.

I absolutely love it and hopefully this and others will replace that god awful CD we have been playing for over 20 years .

I think it’ll sound great over the stadium tannoy system.

Well I like it!

You're never going to get Rangers supporters to agree on the colour of shite, never mind a song we all like though :))
This is it isn’t it.its down to personal taste.when the lad was posting up samples a couple of months ago,I said to him good luck as you’ll need it with the amount of moaning that will come your way.

There had been lots of complaints the other one was too slow. It's never going to get universal approval. I have to say it took a few listens to convert me. The guy who did it has an obvious talent. I know he listens to fans singing songs and uses key sung and tempo etc.. As stated he did a great recording incorporating UB singing Every Saturday we follow.. put drums and music to it. Turned out great in my opinion.

He also made a great, if so different version of PRW.

My God, what's the matter with me? That brought a tear to my eye. Magic, WATP

Nothing against the guy and if he’s done well with another song, great . But he’s utterly murdered 4lads . His remix is horrific .

12% of the posts on this thread - so far - are you telling us its shite. We get it, you don't like it. Much like any song ever written and produced it gets a mixed reaction.

Has the singer shagged your Mrs or something?;):)

It’s not too bad, but it could have been better. I think when we’re playing songs to get the crowd going we should keep the music and vocals traditional maybe in the way that Scott from the Bluenotes sang his songs.

Absolutely horrific, the old one was literally thing and was no problem getting the atmosphere going? The tune doesn’t fit with the song.

Why change it? It’s great when everyone starts clapping.

Link to original (click the video title)

The guy that did it had a video up on FF Facebook page a couple of months ago.he was commissioned by the club to record new songs and remix pre existing ones.he’s also done “every Saturday we follow”
I like this version and I’d imagine the plan will be to play the video on the screens along with the song.

Anyone know who it was, and could have a go at a faster version of this one that me and Bobby did, always talked about doing a faster more rousing version but never got round to it

I am an oldie when it comes to current music. Anyway, I like it.
My opinion holds no weight when it comes to tunes. :)

Anyone else think the Ibrox dj plays the music too quiet? The past couple of seasons has been like a library pre match. Im not saying he needs to deafen us but he could have the 10 mins before KO at full volume and it would get people singing instead of standing talking to the fella beside you. A simple thing like that can make all the difference in spuring the team on.

Back