New 4 Lads Had a Dream match day song

Obviously appreciate that someone has put their hard work into it, but definitely not for me (and that's as a fan of Dance music).

Very cheesy and sounds like a bad Runrig tribute act have hit the demo button on a £30 keyboard from Argos.

I think the new one is fine - the thing I ask is 'can you sing along to it?'. I think you can to this one.

As someone who spent a great number of years editing the playlist in The Louden to improve the atmosphere and let songs flow its the most important thing.

Not deliberately being difficult, but I’d counter that with you could sing along to any version of the song by nature of it being such a fans’ favourite.

The song, as sung by the support, is magnificent, so we’d sing along to any version played in a pub.

That doesn’t make this new one good, though.

It’s a no for me but I can’t account for others’ musical tastes.

Obviously appreciate that someone has put their hard work into it, but definitely not for me (and that's as a fan of Dance music).

Very cheesy and sounds like a bad Runrig tribute act have hit the demo button on a £30 keyboard from Argos.
The amount of people who refer to Casio or in this case a cheap £30 keyboard from Argos, like me know nothing about music.

The amount of people who refer to Casio or in this case a cheap £30 keyboard from Argos, like me know nothing about music.

Whatever it is, it completely ruins the song.

If it’s produced in something that cost £30, that’s even worse because it sure sounds like it was.

Somebody needs to straighten the 63/64 League pennant in the trophy room. That’s the 2nd video now I’ve seen where it’s crooked.
Seeing it is like walking along with a tiny stone in your shoe. Minor, but really annoying, you just want it sorted.

Reactions: WBD

My other passion in life aside from Rangers is Dance music (mainly old school Trance and Techno) which I've been massively into since the very early 90's and spend almost all of my free time with, (whether that be through DJ'ing , posting on the semi popular FB page I run, or uploading to our Youtube channel for all those 'stuck in the past' Trance heads for the best part of a decade now).

Many may say 'I know nothing about music' simply for enjoying those genres or styles in the first place haha (which is fair play and of course all music is subjective and all down to personal taste), but I feel I've a reasonable understanding of electronic music, and what goes into production myself.

Whether a Casio or £30 Argos keyboard are involved or not, the overall resulting sound from this track simply gives it that feeling for me. It just has a certain cheapness and bit of cringe factor to it IMO.

Sorry if it offends, it's just an opinion at the end of the day and I'm glad others are enjoying it. Each to their own :)

Love this video and rendition. My 4 year old has watched it on repeat in the front room tv. Can't wait for the season to start!

Version isn't bad but I feel in the interlude section it has missed out on a opportunity where the beat played 4 lads and the crowd could have sung along without a singer.

Video is awesome.

Reactions: WBD
Noticed that for the 1st time on this video. Agree it needs sorted.
Maybe it has been, but I noticed it in another interview as well. You would think someone
Seeing it is like walking along with a tiny stone in your shoe. Minor, but really annoying, you just want it sorted.
Good analogy. I know I sound like an anal auld fud, but the trophy room is the beating heart of Ibrox. It should be pristine.

Hmmm, after seeing this version of the song on the video for the limited edition Ibrox gates, it’s starting to grow on me :))

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...s-–-officially-licensed-metal-artwork.130120/

Oh great another song!!!!

That'll get me singing and dancing about the house next time I'm pished!

I fn love it. :D

There had been lots of complaints the other one was too slow. It's never going to get universal approval. I have to say it took a few listens to convert me. The guy who did it has an obvious talent. I know he listens to fans singing songs and uses key sung and tempo etc.. As stated he did a great recording incorporating UB singing Every Saturday we follow.. put drums and music to it. Turned out great in my opinion.

He also made a great, if so different version of PRW.

Where can the new version of ESWF be heard, @WBD ?

Is that official? It is terrible! The singers breathing is all over the place. It sounds like he just ran a marathon before he started singing. Shocking.

There had been lots of complaints the other one was too slow. It's never going to get universal approval. I have to say it took a few listens to convert me. The guy who did it has an obvious talent. I know he listens to fans singing songs and uses key sung and tempo etc.. As stated he did a great recording incorporating UB singing Every Saturday we follow.. put drums and music to it. Turned out great in my opinion.

Late reply but there was absolutely nothing wrong with Four Lads Had a Dream, the beat is perfect and everyone sings along to it? Everyone I know likes it. However, can we please change The Famous Glasgow Rangers that's played at Ibrox, it has to be one of the worst.

@WBD , where can the version of Every Saturday We Follow be found?

Do you also know if there's a recording of Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers kicking about?

Not a fan , much preferred the original version. Why do we need to ruin all our good songs by speeding them up and inserting tacky sounding electro beats to them ?

Back