New Blue Sky Lounge at Ibrox

Has it been confirmed that there will be 3 new rows at the back of the GR for this?

I’m currently the very back row so I’d be disappointed if so :D
Yes mate, 3 new rows being created at the back of govan rear, Ive been sent the plans.

Yes mate, 3 new rows being created at the back of govan rear, Ive been sent the plans.
Are the three new rows for blue sky lounge occupants or will it be for ordinary punters? I’m hoping that if my son is unlucky on the waiting list he can get one of these mid season if it’s for ordinary punters

Last edited:
Are the three new rows for blue sky lounge occupants or will it be for ordinary punters? I’m hoping that if my son is unlucky on the waiting list he can get one of these mid season if it’s for ordinary punters
as far as Im aware there will be around 100 new seats to be sold as 'normal' season tickets mate.

Only rangers would be in the position where they need to attract a decent wedge from corporate ticket holders and can’t either show them a picture of what it will look like or even present the cost of the seats.
They did both at the preview evening at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago mate.

Had one of they VR headsets also which was decent.

They did both at the preview evening at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago mate.

Had one of they VR headsets also which was decent.
I knew that, but many people asked to go (including mr Dingwall) and they didn’t get back to them. It’s incredible how secretive they’ve been about this really

i understand the demand will outstrip the supply, but it’s once again been handled horrendously

I knew that, but many people asked to go (including mr Dingwall) and they didn’t get back to them. It’s incredible how secretive they’ve been about this really

i understand the demand will outstrip the supply, but it’s once again been handled horrendously
Cant argue with any of that mate.

We were waitlisted June 2021, had zero comms. While I don't fancy the back rows of SJR, they don't know that.

Last edited:
Only rangers would be in the position where they need to attract a decent wedge from corporate ticket holders and can’t either show them a picture of what it will look like or even present the cost of the seats.
Only seen the CGI images as, I guess, work is still ongoing.

Did a poster on here not go to a preview in the last few weeks. I'm sure I saw it reported that it was going to cost circa £4400 (plus VAT where applicable) depending on which drinks package you bought. There was a pricelist posted with a breakdown of what it included somewhere - possibly in this thread, possibly not.

EDIT: Found the thread, some info on prices and what it includes in various posts in this thread:

Did a poster on here not go to a preview in the last few weeks. I'm sure I saw it reported that it was going to cost circa £4400 (plus VAT where applicable) depending on which drinks package you bought. There was a pricelist posted with a breakdown of what it included somewhere - possibly in this thread, possibly not.

EDIT: Found the thread, some info on prices and what it includes in various posts in this thread:

It was £7700+ vat for a season and a half. League games only

The original boxes will make way for 3 rows of seating with a door behind seats taking you into lounge. Before kick off and at half time automatic blinds will come down allowing drinks and food to be served.

That is awful for the price, thank f.u.ck they have ignored me

I'm two rows from the back of the Govan Rear and they've advised that my seat isn't available for the friendlies and may not be available for the first few home games of the season.

I’ll take 3. Bargain

Wouldn’t matter how wealthy I was spending that much and then having to shell out 1000s more over the season for cup and euro would really annoy me

Almost 8 grand and you're only getting league matches?

Jesus man, I know it's not aimed at yer average punters but I'd be spewing at that, needing to pay above odds to try and get into Cup games and Europe.

Almost 8 grand and you're only getting league matches?

Jesus man, I know it's not aimed at yer average punters but I'd be spewing at that, needing to pay above odds to try and get into Cup games and Europe.

And you’ll still go in to a ballot for a cup semi at hampden

I'm two rows from the back of the Govan Rear and they've advised that my seat isn't available for the friendlies and may not be available for the first few home games of the season.

I’m in row BB, 2nd row from the back.

I seen on the email for the friendly’s that my seat may not be available but haven’t had any communication from the club that this could apply to league game as well, has this been confirmed?

I emailed for more info as per the original marketing document.

I got an email advising me somebody from the hospitality department would be in touch to discuss

Then when somebody eventually got in touch, all they did was send me a link to the hospitality website that contained the same information as the marketing material, telling me to contact the hospitality department for more info….

Going on Wednesday, the Hibs game was a bit of a nightmare as the ‘soft launch’!

Cost is £35k for 18 months for a table of 4, league games only, I think we’ll get about 30 games.

Anyone know if the restaurant will move back there now it’s open?

Probably the only way I’ll get there at those prices.

Back