New Book | The Rangers Shirt | Available to Pre-Order

supersouness

My Dad, now in his 70s, has been a massive Rangers memorabilia collector for most of his adult life and has taken this passion and love of the club into retirement by doing official tours at Ibrox.

He is the co-author of this fantastic new book, The Rangers Shirt, along with David who combines his love of supporting Rangers with a long-standing passion for collecting match worn shirts. The knowledge and devotion to this topic between David and my Dad is second to none and I’m really proud to see this project coming to life.

The Rangers Shirt takes readers through the history of the club kit and in doing so also tells the story of the club, the famous matches and of course the iconic players who wore it.

The book brings together some of the rarest and most iconic shirts ever seen and includes practically every home and away shirt variation worn over the last 60 years as well as some early examples from the 1930s, 1940's and 1950's.

You may have seen advertised in one of the official club emails recently but if not, I’m sure this will be of interest to many of you on here.

I hope you enjoy it!

Spending many summer holidays in Newquay, Cornwall, there is a small Art Gallery which has a framed print showing various Chelsea strips over the years.
I always looked at it and thought I would love someone to do something similar for our club.
To produce a book with obviously much more information and detail is something I hope your Dad will be proud of. Tell him thanks and I think this could be a huge seller.

Looks superb. Are there photos of the white Rangers away shirts from Europe in the 1960's, etc. ? My own personal holy grail of Rangers shirts is Coop's Dryborough Cup Final shirt. If anyone hears of it being up for grabs, then let me know.

Spending many summer holidays in Newquay, Cornwall, there is a small Art Gallery which has a framed print showing various Chelsea strips over the years.
I always looked at it and thought I would love someone to do something similar for our club.
To produce a book with obviously much more information and detail is something I hope your Dad will be proud of. Tell him thanks and I think this could be a huge seller.
I’m sure he and David will be delighted when they see how much interest there is. Thanks!

Looks superb. Are there photos of the white Rangers away shirts from Europe in the 1960's, etc. ? My own personal holy grail of Rangers shirts is Coop's Dryborough Cup Final shirt. If anyone hears of it being up for grabs, then let me know.

Yeah those will be covered as I understand it. It’s really comprehensive. Hope you enjoy it mate!

I done the tour recently for the first time with my two boys and I think it was your old man taking us round, said he was putting a book together on shirts.

Good luck with the release and I’d never have put him in his 70s!

Hi All. I’m David Graham. Thanks to Craig for starting this thread and for all the nice comments. The book is looking great and will be a high quality coffee table book that hopefully people can dip in and out of for years. Proud and excited that it’s going to be an official club publication, helping to celebrate our first 150 years.

Hi All. Just a wee update to say that if you want your name in the book, the pre-order closing date for the Subscriber and Collector Editions is in 4 days time (24th Sept). Thanks to all who have already ordered.

My Dad, now in his 70s, has been a massive Rangers memorabilia collector for most of his adult life and has taken this passion and love of the club into retirement by doing official tours at Ibrox.

He is the co-author of this fantastic new book, The Rangers Shirt, along with David who combines his love of supporting Rangers with a long-standing passion for collecting match worn shirts. The knowledge and devotion to this topic between David and my Dad is second to none and I’m really proud to see this project coming to life.

The Rangers Shirt takes readers through the history of the club kit and in doing so also tells the story of the club, the famous matches and of course the iconic players who wore it.

The book brings together some of the rarest and most iconic shirts ever seen and includes practically every home and away shirt variation worn over the last 60 years as well as some early examples from the 1930s, 1940's and 1950's.

You may have seen advertised in one of the official club emails recently but if not, I’m sure this will be of interest to many of you on here.

I hope you enjoy it!

Excellent, just ordered the Collectors Edition - looks superb

Back