New Castore items in Ibrox store today.

"Horrific". In what way?

I'm no big defender of Castore as such, but what else do you expect it to be like on a cagoule??

Seriously?
If so, zoom in and take a closer look, particularly at the ‘points’. The colour doesn’t fill them.

And then take a look at the writing, which is hard to make out on either side.

Looks like something which will be lucky to survive a couple of washes.

If people genuinely think this looks good quality then fair enough.

To me, it looks like some cheap tat I’d expect to see in a bargain store.

Looks good, but pricey. Free delivery to the US over $120, so I'll no doubt get an "add-on" when the home kit drops, just to get the free delivery.

I love the gear, just can't justify £48 for a t shirt when it isn't even a kit.
I must admit I splashed out a bit on last seasons kit and training tops I'll no doubt buy some items again this season but I'll maybe use the sales a bit better.
I've learned to bide my time with Castores own range and now bookmark what I want and wait for them to reduce the price which the do often, i did get stung for an £85 'Elgin' polo top which they put on regular sale for between £27-35 to top things off the Mrs says I look like a bloody dentist with it on :)

There’s not much they have brought out that isn’t a smart as %^*& design, its supply and quality thats been the issue for some.
Im totally pissed at them, i had a trip to gleneagles last week for three rounds of golf, ordered a bunch of new golf gear on the 12 June, still not arrived and no response to the email that I sent 2 days ago.

Getting pretty sick of seeing every thread about the new gear being taken over by the same names who seem just desperate to find something to hate.

Absolutely fine with people saying they don’t like the stuff, but the constant nitpicking, melodrama and hysteria over minuscule details is getting a bit old.

As is the constant posts, like your own, stating how fed up you are with others pointing out the shit quality we’re being served by Castore.

It’s a message board with different opinions.

I’m sure those genuinely unhappy with Castore are just as fed up with posts like yours.

Is it just me but the angle of the R in our badge is not straight in a lot of those items.

It’s the same with my home top and the gold champions top, both the bands at the v neck are lopsided and my ‘CHAMPIONS’ embroidery letters are different sizes and both Turkish made shite.

I was really looking forward to Castore and was hoping they were going to deliver, I bought the champions top hoping that they would’ve stopped using the Turkish garbage, sadly not, the stuff they give us is shite.

Sadly, I’m not giving them another penny as they are taking us for mugs whilst making a fortune. I’m not letting my heart rule my head again. I really hope our next supplier is one of the big recognised sports brands. I’m sure they will review Castore’s dealings with us and they will be clamouring for Rangers business.

Im pretty sure they had those two long sleeved polo shirts just above the hats in the Buchanan Street store when I was in at the start of June

"Horrific". In what way?

I'm no big defender of Castore as such, but what else do you expect it to be like on a cagoule??
To be fair to Sherbrook, its a £75 cagoule.

Maybe it looks better in the flesh, but again, for the prices, I’m not feeling that excited.

Is it just me but the angle of the R in our badge is not straight in a lot of those items.

It’s the same with my home top and the gold champions top, both the bands at the v neck are lopsided and my ‘CHAMPIONS’ embroidery letters are different sizes and both Turkish made shite.

I was really looking forward to Castore and was hoping they were going to deliver, I bought the champions top hoping that they would’ve stopped using the Turkish garbage, sadly not, the stuff they give us is shite.

Sadly, I’m not giving them another penny as they are taking us for mugs whilst making a fortune. I’m not letting my heart rule my head again. I really hope our next supplier is one of the big recognised sports brands. I’m sure they will review Castore’s dealings with us and they will be clamouring for Rangers business.
Mate the red training is a cracker,genuinely wait till you see it in person.
Said it before the pics online don’t do it justice.

Getting pretty sick of seeing every thread about the new gear being taken over by the same names who seem just desperate to find something to hate.

Absolutely fine with people saying they don’t like the stuff, but the constant nitpicking, melodrama and hysteria over minuscule details is getting a bit old.
Every thread, as you same names time and again.

As is the constant posts, like your own, stating how fed up you are with others pointing out the shit quality we’re being served by Castore.

It’s a message board with different opinions.

I’m sure those genuinely unhappy with Castore are just as fed up with posts like yours.
You already have a dedicated Castore moaning thread, no need to keep repeating it.

Mate the red training is a cracker,genuinely wait till you see it in person.
Said it before the pics online don’t do it justice.
Might be so mate, I guess I’ll have to see it in the flesh before buying as opposed to buying ‘unseen’.

I like a lot of the designs, they look excellent, it’s the finish and attention to detail that’s getting me.

Hopefully we get back in the ground next year as the store will do great business with impulse buys.

Every thread, as you same names time and again.

The exact same could be said of you, no?

Nothing but bad experiences with Castore, 3 times round: as others have said, I should've known better, but the head rules the heart on this.

I'd been desperate to put money into the club post-Sports Direct, and I wanted this to work out. But Castore are ripping the piss, and should've been put to the sword for their school jumpers fraud. It really bothers me that Rangers hand-waved that away: it was a total abuse of a support desperate to finally buy gear.

From all appearances it looks like more cheap dreck but 25% more expensive. No lessons learned.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and mines is that the full range looks absolutely horrendous.
I can comment on the quality issues as I only bought the home top last year and hardly ever wear it so don’t know how many washes it lasts but as someone else has said this looks like the cheap Diadora stuff we used to have.

Better looking gear so far and a lot of it in blue! Pity most of it seems to have sold out already.

Big fan of the lighter blue stuff. The red doesn't actually look as bad as I first thought.

Big fan of the lighter blue stuff. The red doesn't actually look as bad as I first thought.
I think the red stuff looks really good in those pics, really wasn’t a fan judging from the website.

Sadly I’m not a fan of the shade of blue they’ve gone with for that stuff.

Can’t help but feel anyone talking this up has got the blinkers on.

Cheap tat indeed. Can only hope the effort and expense has gone into the playing kits.

Can’t help but feel anyone talking this up has got the blinkers on.

Cheap tat indeed. Can only hope the effort and expense has gone into the playing kits.
The navy stuff I think does look a bit meh, but I think the lighter blue stuff looks great. Maybe not £70 great, but good none the less

Anyone going to the shop today? Just wondering if there are any white and blue training tops in stock? (2XL). On the Isle of Mull but hoping to send my sister in to get one for me!

fat bastard loyal

Anyone going to the shop today? Just wondering if there are any white and blue training tops in stock? (2XL). On the Isle of Mull but hoping to send my sister in to get one for me!

fat bastard loyal
They were sold out of every size yesterday.

Yeah, same here.

I get that folk have had issues but the chance for them to jump on a grainy picture on the internet to criticise it is just too much for them to resist.

Beyond that, comments about free delivery over £150 where people unilaterally decide it should be "£x" instead. are just a moan for the sake of it.

Was the same when the EL group stage prices went up last year and it was £120. "It should be £99"

No, it shouldn't. It sold out so the price point was bang on.

This stuff if the same. There's a premium on it because it's football gear. It's always been the way. I was paying £45 for strips in the early to mid 90s. People saying that they should still be that price seem to fail to realise it was 30 years ago.

Again, with the training gear, if you want a cheaper sweatshirt go and buy something else. If you can't afford it, it's fine. All these items seem to sell out...that alone suggests that the marketing team are getting the prices pretty much spot on.

Castore’s pricing of the training gear is very disappointing. I don’t have an issue with the price of kits but the training and leisure gear prices are absolutely ridiculous compared to the standard and quality.

Shop around and look at other teams. I’ve had a look at Chelsea and Liverpool’s gear, both made by Nike. They do have the odd “elite” level items which are the price you would expect to pay but their normal fitting training gear for the rank and file fan is all much lower than Castore. Arsenal and Man United with Adidas is the same situation. The quality of the gear is so much better as well.

Now I get manufacturing costs are likely lower for bigger brands but that’s down to Castore to sort. Fans shouldn’t be penalised for that. Also they give it big licks saying they gear we’d be served up is quality items when reality it’s not. That black and red anorak/cagoule item in the shop just now is one of the most embarrassing items I’ve ever seen have a Rangers badge (which will probably fall off) ever made.

I totally understand people will buy what they want and everything sells but a lot of fans are being priced out which isn’t fair. At least make the items the same price as what other teams sell them for. It’s a red neck what Castore are charging compared to others.

Shop around and look at other teams. I’ve had a look at Chelsea and Liverpool’s gear, both made by Nike. They do have the odd “elite” level items which are the price you would expect to pay but their normal fitting training gear for the rank and file fan is all much lower than Castore. Arsenal and Man United with Adidas is the same situation. The quality of the gear is so much better as well.

Now I get manufacturing costs are likely lower for bigger brands but that’s down to Castore to sort. Fans shouldn’t be penalised for that. Also they give it big licks saying they gear we’d be served up is quality items when reality it’s not. That black and red anorak/cagoule item in the shop just now is one of the most embarrassing items I’ve ever seen have a Rangers badge (which will probably fall off) ever made.

I totally understand people will buy what they want and everything sells but a lot of fans are being priced out which isn’t fair. At least make the items the same price as what other teams sell them for. It’s a red neck what Castore are charging compared to others.

None of this is "elite stuff" on their site.

Kids jacket £65. https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...-87-1177627751?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r5c2:po-17

Hoodie - £105 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...987-2905171318?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r6c0:po-18

Trousers - £90 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...960-1643702211?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r6c1:po-19

Drill top £60 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...-966-1848319766?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r1c2:po-5

Prices look bang on the same as the Rangers prices in all honesty.

Their "Elite" training top is £105

People keep repeating lies about the price points and it's swallowed on each thread.

The "people are being priced out" line is another one that is played up more than it should be.

If Castore put shite in a jar and labeled it with the Rangers badge folk would still smother themselves in it.

Obviously risking nothing being available later on but I intend to wait a bit to see the overall quality of everything before splashing the cash this season.

None of this is "elite stuff" on their site.

Kids jacket £65. https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...-87-1177627751?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r5c2:po-17

Hoodie - £105 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...987-2905171318?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r6c0:po-18

Trousers - £90 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...960-1643702211?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r6c1:po-19

Drill top £60 https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en...-966-1848319766?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r1c2:po-5

Prices look bang on the same as the Rangers prices in all honesty.

Their "Elite" training top is £105

People keep repeating lies about the price points and it's swallowed on each thread.

The "people are being priced out" line is another one that is played up more than it should be.

you are talkIng nonsense. Nikes tech packs have always been an expensive product but look at the Strike range. Their 1/4 zips for adults are £59 - Castores are £68 - you’ve strangely used that above but called it drill top And it’s nearly £10 cheaper than our version!

Got the blue 1/4 zip in Belfast yesterday.
Made in China. 68.00

Quality seems good. I have a couple of Adidas 1/4 zips that I use for running and this doesn't seem all that different from those in terms of quality.

Design is subjectve so whatever. I personally like it, especially the crest.

you are talkIng nonsense. Nikes tech packs have always been an expensive product but look at the Strike range. Their 1/4 zips for adults are £59 - Castores are £68 - you’ve strangely used that above but called it drill top And it’s nearly £10 cheaper than our version!

I've called it exactly what it's called on the link which is a "drill top"

Maybe click the link yourself.

Don't mind paying the going rate for licenced replica gear but not when it's going to have parts peeling off or any other issues.

This season I will be making sure I go through to the store to see what I'm buying first.

I've called it exactly what it's called on the link which is a "drill top"

Maybe click the link yourself.

Like I said, the strike range. I know a lot about training wear and prices mate, the strike range is their entry level gear and it’s £10 cheaper than our alternative which isn’t right. Even the training shorts are around £10 cheaper compared to ours.

Yeah, same here.

I get that folk have had issues but the chance for them to jump on a grainy picture on the internet to criticise it is just too much for them to resist.

Beyond that, comments about free delivery over £150 where people unilaterally decide it should be "£x" instead. are just a moan for the sake of it.

Was the same when the EL group stage prices went up last year and it was £120. "It should be £99"

No, it shouldn't. It sold out so the price point was bang on.

This stuff if the same. There's a premium on it because it's football gear. It's always been the way. I was paying £45 for strips in the early to mid 90s. People saying that they should still be that price seem to fail to realise it was 30 years ago.

Again, with the training gear, if you want a cheaper sweatshirt go and buy something else. If you can't afford it, it's fine. All these items seem to sell out...that alone suggests that the marketing team are getting the prices pretty much spot on.
Spot on.

I understand that some people have had bad experiences over the past season with kit and that they may have less patience now. Maybe because I’ve had no issues with any of the stuff I’ve bought I’m more willing to give Castore the benefit of the doubt.

But it does feel like there is a different issue every ten minutes at times. At first, people were criticising the quality of the training gear as soon as it came out, based on photos and bad experiences from last season (where Castore and club acknowledged there were quality issues). Others then visited the shop and confirmed that the kit was good quality. Folk then decided they didn’t like the design of the red training tops, but more pics came out and most people warmed to them. The main complaint then became the Set Your Limits text (not necessarily Castore’s fault). Now the issue seems to be the printed crest on the waterproof jacket, but I’m sure in a few days it’ll be something else.

I’ll admit the printed crest on the jacket doesn’t look great from that photo, but I’ll reserve proper judgment until I see it in the flesh. As far as the rest of the stuff goes I think it looks exceptional, and having actually seen it for myself (visited the shop yesterday) the quality is very good. At the end of the day, people will vote with their feet - if they feel the stuff is poor quality or overpriced, they won’t buy it. That the blue and white training top is already sold out suggests the majority don’t share the concerns of some folk on here.

It seems like Castore have used up all their goodwill from some fans, maybe understandably, but I’d hope that because the club and Castore have acknowledged last season’s shortcomings everyone might try to see this season as a clean slate and put their bad experiences last season behind them.

Back