New centre backs.

Teessidebear

So with Worrell and McAuley leaving the club we now need another two centre backs. I personally am very happy with Goldson and Katic as first choice.

I would personally go for Jason Kerr at St Johnstone. I think he’s got bags of potential and only around 22/23. He’s played a lot of games and would be fairly cheap. I rate him higher than McKenna, souttar, porteous and Halkett who are highly regarded in media.

Throw in young Edmundson too and we will probs only spend 1 million on two centre backs with potential, experience and resale value. Also freeing up money for 1st choice players in our starting line up.

Who would you sign any recommendations??

In my humble opinion only I reckon we will get Edmundson & then get someone more experienced on a free

I honestly think this lad Kerr is gonna be top class. I can see what’s gonna happen he’ll end going to England and being superb and then worth 5-10 million and we will miss the chance to sign him. Same with turnbull tbh.

More than happy with Katic and Goldson first choice. After a season to settle this partnership will only get better and Katic is a cracking prospect. A young, relatively cheap backup and experienced freebie makes sense and allows us to focus on priority areas for our budget.

Back