New chant today

Ibrox volume has already decreased significantly in huge games like Thursday due to these new chants that nowhere near enough people like enough to join in , let’s not have away games going the same way
Only because people don't bother there arse learning words.
Singing derrys walls and build my gallows 10 times each a game is boring.

Same mate, i was laughing and dodging snowballs and heard folk starting to sing Merry Christmas and thought it was quite good for the snowball fight and in good nature, then heard the ending. Poor.
I do hope it's the last time that shit is sung. What is the actual point of Merry Christmas Tommy Burns? Other than an admission that you are obsessed with that lot.

Just reading this , to follow on from new tune yesterday timing:

29 Nov 1980, ABBA scored their ninth and last UK No.1 single with 'Super Trouper', the group's 25th Top 40 hit in the UK. The name "Super Trouper" referred to the gigantic spotlights used in stadium concerts.

Mental that we can have chants like that, no malice and just about rangers then two minutes later we have folk chanting merry Christmas Tommy Burns.
I found that pretty disgusting. Guys round about me belting it out when earlier they were calling fans scum who had made noise through the Walter minute silence (Correctly but the irony was mad).

Give me all the catchy player songs every day over outdated uvf songs, sectarianism that gets the club in trouble and disgraceful songs about Tommy Burns.

Guy on our bus last weekend randomly hit out with ‘his name is Gio and he hates yer Bobby Sands’ to the tune of Duran Duran - Rio. Couldn’t help but laugh :D
Much of our support are more obsessed with jobby Sands tgan the scum are.

Merry Christmas everyone changed to Merry Christmas Tommy Burns sung during the game, doing the rounds on twitter.
What is the actual f_uckin point in singing it?
What does it mean?

Why are fans wanting to wish Merry Christmas to an ex Celtic manager who died years ago?

Utterly pointless moronic chant other than to get more negative press. I hated Burns in his playing days more than any other player.

This forum was full of indignation towards the scum across the city that abused the minute silence for Walter Smith. One things for sure. If Walter was still alive he'd have been sickened by the morons singing it.

Tommy Burns is currently trending on Twitter.

Why in the name of actual fùck do we do this to ourselves. So many good and catchy tunes have appeared this season but our name will be dragged through the mud, by the same arseholes time and time again.

Tommy Burns is currently trending on Twitter.

Why in the name of actual fùck do we do this to ourselves. So many good and catchy tunes have appeared this season but our name will be dragged through the mud, by the same arseholes time and time again.
There is an element of our fans who will do what they want, where they want, when they want. They're desperate to be seen to be edgy, ultra offensive. The heavy sprinkles brigade. Most clubs have them. Ours get highlighted more by rival fans in the media and politics cos Scotland is an odd wee country where things like this seem to matter, so it's advantageous for them.

There was a song with words, we're here to stake our claim as champions again, what's this song called and what song is the tune from?

Really? Genuinely have no recollection of that. What a shit song, and even more so now.

If folk really need to be offensive, at least come out with something half decent.
Can't recall that either to be honest.

At a guess, possibly sang when he was manager and we beat them around Christmas, but I have absolutely no idea why it would be sang now.

Last edited:
Not defending the TB chant and certainly wouldn't have joined in but I don't really understand why it is so offensive?

I don't really understand why it was sung at all.

Just weird all round.

There was a song with words, we're here to stake our claim as champions again, what's this song called and what song is the tune from?
From everywhere we came
In our thousands again
Snow, wind and rain
We’re at every game
As the Gers March on
And the Bears keep going
We’re here to stake our claim
As the Champions again

Ale ale ale ale….

Its now being replayed in my head over and over. At least Shakira gets a break now

From everywhere we came
In our thousands again
Snow, wind and rain
We’re at every game
As the Gers March on
And the Bears keep going
We’re here to stake our claim
As the Champions again

Ale ale ale ale….
Has it got a name yet, wee man looking for it on YouTube.

Back