New club record

If Killie didn't beat us in our last game last season, we would be 41 league games unbeaten.
The record is games undefeated since the START of the season.

I think that’s what caused the reaction. Nothing from last season matters re this record.

It’s a fabulous record to break. Let’s hope we keep it going the whole season :)

I was gutted it wasnt another clean sheet, want to break that one too. But still unbeaten, great record to beat, thanks op.

Brilliant.
Amazing that we didn't win the league in 67/68.
We lost on the last day at home to Aberdeen. I think they would still have been champions if we had won. (Goal average?) I can remember being really upset at not completing an unbeaten season so it would be lovely if this team could make this old man very happy and finally complete the mission in my lifetime.

67/68 was hard to take. It was the 3-3 Morton game away in mid-April that changed it. I was there, but the worst was still to come. The next week we scored late at Rugby park and the score came through that they had drawn at home against Morton. Scenes of pandemonium and the fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate, only for the Earl Haigs to score beyond the 90th minute when added time didn’t officially exist. It was a sore one. Losing to Aberdeen in the last game didn’t make any difference as they had a better goal difference. It’s particularly galling that we beat them at Ibrox and drew at parkheid. It was there for the taking.

Great achievement, but we move on to the next game and improve on it and who better than against that mob.

What a season this has been. Ultimate sucker punch to they ceunts. Almost glad we lost last season as it's clearly 10 times as painful for them happening in this season

Conceded just 11 goals.
Going back 3 years (2017/18) we had conceded 39 goals after 34 games. That season 11 goals had already been shipped after just 8 games.
Only 3 goals conceded all season at Ibrox (17 games), again if you go back to the 2017/18 season 3 were conceded in the first game alone.

We lost on the last day at home to Aberdeen. I think they would still have been champions if we had won. (Goal average?) I can remember being really upset at not completing an unbeaten season so it would be lovely if this team could make this old man very happy and finally complete the mission in my lifetime.
Ironically ,our final league game this season is at home to Aberdeen. Hope lightning doesn't strike twice

If we had won it would have worse going through season not loosing still second. Was sitting near Henderson in the stand that day. Should’ve won the league that year.

Not quite as clear cut as you make out.

If we had beaten Aberdeen or even drawn with them, we'd have went ahead on points, which meant they'd have needed to go to Dunfermline the following midweek and get a result.

History will show they won 2-1 but that was with the pressure off. Who knows what it would have been like if they had actually needed to get a result.

However from our point of view two draws at Dun Utd and Morton earlier in the April did for us.

Ironically ,our final league game this season is at home to Aberdeen. Hope lightning doesn't strike twice
No! Please! Lightning can’t strike twice.
Not quite as clear cut as you make out.

If we had beaten Aberdeen or even drawn with them, we'd have went ahead on points, which meant they'd have needed to go to Dunfermline the following midweek and get a result.

History will show they won 2-1 but that was with the pressure off. Who knows what it would have been like if they had actually needed to get a result.

However from our point of view two draws at Dun Utd and Morton earlier in the April did for us.
you’re right sir, i’d forgotten- Dunfermline were playing Hearts in the cup final that day. Still hurts though.

If we manage to do it Surely a 100% home record over a season must be hard to find? Liverpool won 18 out of 19 homes last season and i know we drew at the saville dome in the season the abusers went undefeated so good chance it has certainly never been done in uk or a big league

We must be right close now with clean sheets in the league for a season. Yesterday's goal conceded was so annoying for that reason. Are we one clean sheet off equalising it? If so two clean sheets required in last 4 games.

Back