New deal for Ryan Jack?

JayDee

Nothing definite yet but there are articles in various papers. Steven Gerrard says:

“He deserves that. Ryan is on record saying that and he is working with a group of staff who have confidence and belief in him.

“If anyone deserves a pay rise and an extension, it is him.

“He has earned the right to have that shirt and Jacko’s mentality is, ‘No one will take this off me.’ ”

“We have offered him a new deal recently so we are hoping in the coming weeks we can announce an extension. He certainly deserves that.”

Last edited:
Nothing definite but there are articles in various papers. Steven Gerrard says:

“He deserves that. Ryan is on record saying that and he is working with a group of staff who have confidence and belief in him.

“If anyone deserves a pay rise and an extension, it is him.

“He has earned the right to have that shirt and Jacko’s mentality is, ‘No one will take this off me.’ ”

Love Jacko.

He absolutely deserves to get a new, long term contract. I love him, probably my current favourite player not called Morelos.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd prefer us to win something first before we go about dishing out bigger contracts etc.

Once they deliver trophies, then let's talk.
kinda agree but a works a work if other people see that your hard works getting noticed and you're getting rewarded for it will encourage others to go even further I think he's been outstanding and if he continues to play like that be teams looking to buy him so makes sense that way anaw

kinda agree but a works a work if other people see that your hard works getting noticed and you're getting rewarded for it will encourage others to go even further I think he's been outstanding and if he continues to play like that be teams looking to buy him so makes sense that way anaw
Yep. It's about striking the right balance, and I'm not saying that's always easy. But I just think we need to be careful. We've won nothing for years - but we HAVE to win something this year. And Jack and his team mates must deliver and then rewards can be handed out where relevant.

Add me to the Jack fan club. Playing at such a consistently high level for us these days, first name in the team sheet when available.

The new contract makes sense. I could easily see him having the same sort of impact down south as McGinn has had at Villa and he's apparently valued at silly money now so best getting him tied up to ward off anyone looking to take him on the cheap.

The amazing thing is 2 years ago Gerrard will have barely heard of Ryan Jack.

Now he’s waxing lyrical about him and helping him improve as a player.

Yep. It's about striking the right balance, and I'm not saying that's always easy. But I just think we need to be careful. We've won nothing for years - but we HAVE to win something this year. And Jack and his team mates must deliver and then rewards can be handed out where relevant.
I agree mate we've seen what happens when they get too over confident but I think this is a good idea tho if we can even get another one or two playing like Jack has been could be enough to get us a trophy or three :)

well deserved and our management team deserve a lot of credit as they have moulded a quite ordinary player into a potentially great team player

He is certainly a mainstay if our midfield now and does his job very well so an extension with salary bump seems fair.

has certainly made many FF users sound silly with all the crap he got about not being good enough when he signed that’s for sure.

The development he’s shown under Gerrard has been incredible. He’s so much better both on and off the ball

It’s amazing how fickle this place is ,
He’s improved but since he’s been here he’s one of our best players consistently yet during the summer half this place wanted him dropped for a player who hadn’t pulled on our strip.

Jack is turning in to a truly outstanding player and should be one of our highest earners as he’s one of our most consistent players.

It’s amazing how fickle this place is ,
He’s improved but since he’s been here he’s one of our best players consistently yet during the summer half this place wanted him dropped for a player who hadn’t pulled on our strip.

Jack is turning in to a truly outstanding player and should be one of our highest earners as he’s one of our most consistent players.

Not having at go at you personally RL, but folk post similar to this regularly. There is no 'this place' when it comes to a solid group opinion, no 'FF says' or unified voice of FF-ers or whatever. There's what 10,000 posters? maybe Admin could say? but quite naturally there's a diversity of views. Most are fine but there's a few start-a fight-in-an-empty-house maniacs, plenty of panic-merchants, plonkers, ubers and let's not forget our timmy and mhedia agent-provocateurs.
There I feel much better now I've got that off my chest. Thankyou, one and all.:cool:

Not having at go at you personally RL, but folk post similar to this regularly. There is no 'this place' when it comes to a solid group opinion, no 'FF says' or unified voice of FF-ers or whatever. There's what 10,000 posters? maybe Admin could say? but quite naturally there's a diversity of views. Most are fine but there's a few start-a fight-in-an-empty-house maniacs, plenty of panic-merchants, plonkers, ubers and let's not forget our timmy and mhedia agent-provocateurs.
There I feel much better now I've got that off my chest. Thankyou, one and all.:cool:

Get it all out buddy :)

Yeah I agree only takes one good or bad game and your loved or hated.

Back