New Edmiston House - What is going on?

Why is this place so mental? It can’t be normal for fans to be as miserable and worked up as many on here regularly are? Convinced there’s a lot of masochists in here.

I did say on another thread months ago I could probably already list a load of posters who’ll slag it rotten when it’s finally opened, and that was before construction had even begun.

Why is this place so mental? It can’t be normal for fans to be as miserable and worked up as many on here regularly are? Convinced there’s a lot of masochists in here.

I did say on another thread months ago I could probably already list a load of posters who’ll slag it rotten when it’s finally opened, and that was before construction had even begun.
They are experts in everything, I work in a pub, I have no expirence of making any type of booze

I've worked in construction about 18 years now bud, and while you've got me there I've not been involved in many concert venues.

I have worked on plenty projects that are steel framed. I.e Aldi, Lidl, Tesco's and Asda's, new apartment buildings, offices and industrial complexes etc are all built the same way.

And in my experience and comparable to other projects I've worked on, it just looks a bit small for what it's intended to do.
How can it be small for what it is intended for?, it's being built to the original size

maybe they should scrape the gigs side of things and have it just a club shop, museum ( of decent size )and a fanszone with bars ect
The Gig side of it will make as much money as the rest of it put together imo
and again imo whoever thought of hosting gigs there is a genius, ready made market

It'll likely be ready, once the bill is paid it'll be flung up like any other kit these days.

Looks on par with a small Aldi or Lidl, so won't take long at all.

People need to be realistic with what to expect though, size wise and the contents of the building etc.

But just to clarify, Robertson etc said it'd be open for our 150th anniversary, and it wasn't, probably would've been had we paid our bill though.
If it is opened for the 31st December it will still be our 150th Anniversary, I have no doubt the Club has been told this by the Contracter but I have my doubts

I've worked in construction about 18 years now bud, and while you've got me there I've not been involved in many concert venues.

I have worked on plenty projects that are steel framed. I.e Aldi, Lidl, Tesco's and Asda's, new apartment buildings, offices and industrial complexes etc are all built the same way.

And in my experience and comparable to other projects I've worked on, it just looks a bit small for what it's intended to do.
Supermarkets are a steel frame and a tiled floor, Edmiston House will be much more complicated, from my point of view, I don't care if it opens next Season, as long as it is done right

I've worked in construction about 18 years now bud,
gn17a.png

There's a market, but I'm just saying I don't expect it'll be the thousand capacity venue people are expecting.
I suspect it was a throw away figure for the press release but if the can get at least 600 standing inside then it'll be a busy venue.

Can't wait to see a gig there.

Maybe my memory isn’t serving me right but I thought the original timescale was this would be built and open by our 150th anniversary.

Now it’s been changed to the end of 2022?

As someone who works in construction, very little is running to proposed timescales.

Materials shortage and delay has been and still is, an absolute nightmare.

Some new build housing estates we're working in are as much as 18 months behind schedule.

Rangers won't have been immune from the construction industry problems.

Last edited:
As someone who works in construction, very little is running to proposed timescales.

Some new build housing estates we're working in are as much as 18 months behind schedule.

Rangers won't haven been immune from the construction industry problems.
I think this is a fair point, but funding has clearly also stuttered, with not every director convinced about it it seems.

I think it’s ok to be critical of it if folks don’t like what they see & hear about it - it’s a significant development in our history, we won’t be building another one, so we want it to be the best it can be.

Not sure if there were any planning restrictions, but the size & scale of it seems underwhelming to me, especially looking at everything that’s meant to be included.

Sure, if it’s done right it should make money on match days, but I fear it’s not going to be the significant revenue generator that it could have been.

Yet another thread full of greetin faces spouting nonsense.

They just seem to go through life moaning at the board, Ross Wilson, 3rd choice keepers moving on, lazy scouting, MyGers, Castore and about a million other inaccuracies to do with Rangers.

It does make quite amusing reading though.
B-D
Absolutely, sometimes I open threads, see the same greetin torn faced posters whining like babies, and have to leave again.

Other times, like you, it can be quite funny thinking how miserable they must constantly be.

Call me old fashioned but I might wait until it’s finished before deciding if it’s shite or not.

It’s less than a month since either Robertson or Bisgrove (can’t remember which) said it would be open by the end of the year. Yet the assembled masses on FF can look at a photo and tell us ‘no chance’.:rolleyes:
I spent all of my working life in construction. Like any other site, the greatest percentage of the build is the Groundworks, drainage and services to the building.
Next is the shell of the building.
The internal fit out is probably the most complicated part of the job but it is also the quickest part.
That building could be open in around 4 months time if proper funding is available and that's where the problem lies.

A crowdfunded building - what did people expect. Will it be finished in time to be opened this year? Probably, but don’t be surprised if it isn’t.

If it doesn’t come to pass in this calendar year, expect the usual suspects to defend the great and the good, cite mitigating circumstances and decry all those who complain of being gaslighted as moonhowlers.

Even if it ends up being on the small side, has the Hinshelwood complex not been leased for use as a fan zone at some point? I’m sure I read somewhere that GCC had relented. Possibly larger bar and eating areas to be sited in there? And the museum, shop, venue and vip bar to be in a building that we actually own.

There is no way contractors started on site without a price for the works being agreed.

Nor is it likely we started a job in the hope that some more money would turn up in order to finish it.
Contractors werent on site, the schedule was delayed for them starting in agreement between the club and those contractors. The initial funding covered purchase, ground works and steelwork to the stage it was at.

We absolutely did start the work without full funding and paused it for that reason. We held a fancy dinner at Ibrox around end of March with all of our high value seasonal corporate bears and got them to kick in more money to help close the funding gap.

You might not like the answers but they are accurate.

Not much has changed from February, and as someone else pointed out - it now actually looks too small for what we've all been promised it will do.

I can't see something that size hosting concerts etc.
That has always been a concern of mine.

Absolutely, sometimes I open threads, see the same greetin torn faced posters whining like babies, and have to leave again.

Other times, like you, it can be quite funny thinking how miserable they must constantly be.

Call me old fashioned but I might wait until it’s finished before deciding if it’s shite or not.
I know how you feel sometimes i come on the bear pit and it’s just wave after wave of everything it shit and everybody at the club should be sacked.

Yet another thread full of greetin faces spouting nonsense.

They just seem to go through life moaning at the board, Ross Wilson, 3rd choice keepers moving on, lazy scouting, MyGers, Castore and about a million other inaccuracies to do with Rangers.

It does make quite amusing reading though.
B-D
There are a number among our support who appear to live in a state of permanent anger and frustration about life in general.
Their faces are set in a constant scowl and their temper exists on a hair trigger. They really are not very attractive characters.
Unfortunately, a number of them seem to see this forum as a convenient venue for venting their disenchantment.

Contractors werent on site, the schedule was delayed for them starting in agreement between the club and those contractors. The initial funding covered purchase, ground works and steelwork to the stage it was at.

We absolutely did start the work without full funding and paused it for that reason. We held a fancy dinner at Ibrox around end of March with all of our high value seasonal corporate bears and got them to kick in more money to help close the funding gap.

You might not like the answers but they are accurate.
If that is correct then it’s a shocking way to run a build.

Not only is it risky (if extra funding doesn’t turn up we are left with an embarrassing shell of a building) it’s also expensive as we will have had to pay that contractor to secure that half built site during the extension to programme.

Rangers won't have been immune from the construction industry problems.
I’m well aware of delays due to material shortages but the poster I quoted claimed we paused due to having no money to carry on hence my post

In the spirit of this FF thread:

I think Castore are waiting for a board meeting so their CEO Mike Ashley can sign off the final budget for EH
Oh and Charles Green has been appointed project manager

B-)

This thread is bonkers :))

Obviously the delays are disappointing but the size of the place will be exactly as per the drawings and videos released months ago. Any idea of a 'scaled down' version just simply isn't true.

We currently have no indoor fanzone space nor a Musuem to compliment our tours and this will address both of these, with the added benefit of gig space for year round income. Even things like the Burns supper, POTY awards etc will now be able to be hosted onsite. It's going to be an excellent asset.

My only disappointment is it hasn't incorporated a ticket office.

Not much has changed from February, and as someone else pointed out - it now actually looks too small for what we've all been promised it will do.

I can't see something that size hosting concerts etc.
Are we saying we should trust the “Artists Impression”?

Looking forward to this being completed.

I'd agree that the museum is a bit on the small side in isolation based on the drawings but I would hazard a guess that the museum is intended to supplement the stadium tour rather than replace it. The tour will finish in the museum and hey presto you need to exit via the shop - like most tourist attractions.

For reference, King Tut’s has a capacity of 300 for gigs.

The main ABC hall was 1,300 and the upstairs ABC2 was 350.
St Luke’s appears to be 450.

Anything in the realm of 300-500 could be a good venue and generate a decent income for the club. Slightly bigger would mean less competitors for the size, but potentially less performers who could break even without good ticket sales. We’re not going to be competing with the Royal Concert Hall or SECC for performers and you don’t want to create a venue that is rarely full. I’d like to know how it will be marketed and to whom.

Are we saying we should trust the “Artists Impression”?

We should trust the actual Construction / M&E drawings which have been around for ages now and confirm that nothing has changed in terms of the footprint of the build.

Nothing (of note) has changed inside the building either. There have been various design changes in terms of where a video wall might go and where a display might be along the way but the scope of the project is the same.

I'm glad to see at least a few posters on here posting sense about the process. Things have been paused and people on board with contracts have gone away and done other things in the mean time before aiming to come back to it at a later date (and quite a few of the subbies doing so for no increased costs too)

It's not the only project in Scotland which has suffered from delays. Some of it's funding from the Rangers side, some of it is availability of plant and materials and the cost implications to sub contractors. It all adds in to making things less than straightforward but it's no different to plenty of other works ongoing around the country.

It's a bit laughable to see various people who've "been in the industry for 18 years" or even some who don't have any idea of the project at all tell us that it's changed size or doesn't look big enough based on the size of a scissors lift in a photo taken on an iphone.

FWIW, here's some of the original layouts to give people some idea of what we're getting. I'm not posting the absoute up to date ones for obvious reasons.

Things like "the museum is just gonna be the size of the trophy room is a nonsense".

Now, I'd have liked the museum to be the entire footprint of the building but it's a) not actually required and b) not practical as a money making venture on its own where the events space is more of a profitable idea.

We should trust the actual Construction / M&E drawings which have been around for ages now and confirm that nothing has changed in terms of the footprint of the build.

Nothing (of note) has changed inside the building either. There have been various design changes in terms of where a video wall might go and where a display might be along the way but the scope of the project is the same.

I'm glad to see at least a few posters on here posting sense about the process. Things have been paused and people on board with contracts have gone away and done other things in the mean time before aiming to come back to it at a later date (and quite a few of the subbies doing so for no increased costs too)

It's not the only project in Scotland which has suffered from delays. Some of it's funding from the Rangers side, some of it is availability of plant and materials and the cost implications to sub contractors. It all adds in to making things less than straightforward but it's no different to plenty of other works ongoing around the country.

It's a bit laughable to see various people who've "been in the industry for 18 years" or even some who don't have any idea of the project at all tell us that it's changed size or doesn't look big enough based on the size of a scissors lift in a photo taken on an iphone.

FWIW, here's some of the original layouts to give people some idea of what we're getting. I'm not posting the absoute up to date ones for obvious reasons.

Things like "the museum is just gonna be the size of the trophy room is a nonsense".

Now, I'd have liked the museum to be the entire footprint of the building but it's a) not actually required and b) not practical as a money making venture on its own where the events space is more of a profitable idea.

My main concern at the beginning was the size of the bar for match days especially.

It looks tiny and I suspect if the place is mobbed, it will be big queues for serving.

When you think of the Louden, they’ve countless bars hence why you get served rapid which makes it even more of an attraction to paying customers.

Looking forward to this being completed.

I'd agree that the museum is a bit on the small side in isolation based on the drawings but I would hazard a guess that the museum is intended to supplement the stadium tour rather than replace it. The tour will finish in the museum and hey presto you need to exit via the shop - like most tourist attractions.
The Americans are great at that, their hands in your pocket as soon as you get off the plane

Suck punting FF tshirts on the ground floor. No wonder he is buying a corporate season ticket

Back