New fans' stand at Auchenhowie taking shape.

I personally think the fighting fund was misused, and it was not meant for this purpose. We still have many fights to fund in the media and indeed the fight continues on many fronts. I was totally against this stand being built from the fighting fund monies and stand by that.

The money was in no way missed.

Those who contributed had the chance to air their views and vote.

The club can fund the media fight.

Ona personal note - I was not going to vote to fritter away donations on nebulous legal goose chases because someone said nasty things about us.

I hope the construction contract was given to a bear friendly company if not a fellow bears actual company. ;)

Anyone know?

Also is that the fighting fund now empty?

100% bluenose company. They have a sponser on the pitch side screens that pops up every now and then as well.

I personally think the fighting fund was misused, and it was not meant for this purpose. We still have many fights to fund in the media and indeed the fight continues on many fronts. I was totally against this stand being built from the fighting fund monies and stand by that.

Totally disagree - this facility will benefit the team on the park for a generation.

Was it never an option to store the money in case of any future financial troubles?

What was the final figure left available at the time of these meetings etc?

Obviously there is no way of telling what financial state we will be looking at in the coming years but we were in a slightly unique position of having money behind us which whilst not being a huge sum, may have been a sizeable help in other aspects despite it apparently being exclusively for other things.

Whilst I'm not against us building and improving the facilities, the money could have been used for security in the long run and at the very least a start on financial support in any case of the club running into any further financial difficulty.

What will the capacity be ? Anyone know ?

See post #38 mate. The planning permission does give the size of the stand (216 square metres - roughly 35m/30m by 6m/7m if you prefer). I counted the seats:)eek:) on the drawing and came up with circa 200 seats plus the benches. It's not huge.

If people who contributed had their chance to air their views and vote, a room full of people doesn't represent everyone who contributed, Little bit misleading here Mark.

Those who contributed which would cover everyone who donated never got a say nor a vote,It was left to a few people in a room making decisions for everyone who donated,the vast majority of those who donated never got to air their views or indeed vote.

Doesn't make a jot of difference now as the money's gone.

I put into it mate. Not making a big issue as it still helps the club, but I always felt that we should’ve kept the fund to fight true Rangers haters eg lawyers or newspaper ads or private tecs when needed to protect our club & fans good name.
I did as well mate and can't say I'm pleased with what it was ultimately spent on. Maybe because it just brings back memories of the circumstances.

If people who contributed had their chance to air their views and vote, a room full of people doesn't represent everyone who contributed, Little bit misleading here Mark.

Those who contributed which would cover everyone who donated never got a say nor a vote,It was left to a few people in a room making decisions for everyone who donated,the vast majority of those who donated never got to air their views or indeed vote.

It was not left to "a few people in a room" - the committee canvassed far and wide for ideas and held meetings where people who contributed could attend and vote.

If you are asking if we have a list of people who threw a 50p or a ten pound note into a bucket and sent them an email then obviously not.

Bumping this to check progress.

As a family that donated over £8k to the fighting find I tend to agree with this post above .... but as you say C/Y.... spilt milk or missed opportunity? The success of the stand will be our answer.

Well the tims are playing catch up, they have submitted plans to the Council to upgrade Barrowfield for their youths and women teams complete with covered seating for fans.

Good addition to the already impressive training complex.

In order to sign players we need to give the right impression. Things like this, as little as it may seem, add to the ‘big club’ tag.

Looking forward to seeing the improvements at the stadium aswell around the the dressing rooms and corridors.

I think part of the problem was they didn’t know who had contributed? No detailed list names, addresses etc. This meant they were open to challenges on the cash amounts.

Wish people would just move on now. The RFFF committee were all staunch supporters who deserve our thanks for their handling of the cash, end of.

As a now retired person who has more leisure time, how do we obtain access to use this stand and watch games?

I think part of the problem was they didn’t know who had contributed? No detailed list names, addresses etc. This meant they were open to challenges on the cash amounts.

Wish people would just move on now. The RFFF committee were all staunch supporters who deserve our thanks for their handling of the cash, end of.

It is, indeed, time to move on.

Some are still ‘confused’ by the purpose of the fund. I’ve posted Minutes from the first meeting of the RFFF in the past. They expressly state that the fund was to ‘assist in the day-to-day running of the Club at a time of need’. The chosen name for the fund may have been one cause of the confusion. The only time it was used for any sort of ‘fight’ was when they contributed to the costs of the legal team to fight the trumped up SFA charges and transfer embargo.

@mdingwall (as you would expect) is correct when he says all fans were widely circulated and asked for ideas also.

It’s done. Let’s move on and hope that the new facilities available to the youngsters aids in their development.

Last edited:
If it helps to bring through just 1 player of outstanding quality or even entice 1 from another youth set up, then every member of the RFFF who contributed should give themselves a huge pat on the back.

The amount that they all donated will have enhanced our club beyond what paying for lawyers fees would have ever done.

Would have thought there would need to be some sort of sign in process for H&S/security purposes? I'm sure the club wont allow people to come in as and when they choose.

That's what happens just now.

Without wishing to invite Timmy to come along and cause hassle, there's no issue as things stand and the complex being finished won't change that.

There is security on site but it's not the sort of arrangement (unless it's a game against them where there has been forms of segregation) where levels of policing are required.

I
That's what happens just now.

Without wishing to invite Timmy to come along and cause hassle, there's no issue as things stand and the complex being finished won't change that.

There is security on site but it's not the sort of arrangement (unless it's a game against them where there has been forms of segregation) where levels of policing are required.

Im surprised.

So can anyone come and watch first team training, or is that area segregated?

I

Im surprised.

So can anyone come and watch first team training, or is that area segregated?

That area is segregated round the back of the complex where the employees car park is.

The youth pitches are all on the East side of the complex where the new facility is.

Is this going to be open to the general (paying) public to watch the reserves and the U20 league games?

From a personal viewpoint I'd rather the money had went towards a museum.

Anybody on instagram and follow dapo there is a video of one of his goals against stirling albion and you can see the stand in the video

The money was in no way missed.

The club can fund the media fight.

Ona personal note - I was not going to vote to fritter away donations on nebulous legal goose chases because someone said nasty things about us.

For what it’s worth I agree but I would like to see a far more aggressive approach to the media especially the bbc. We should have used the situation with bbc Oxford to our advantage.

For what it’s worth I agree but I would like to see a far more aggressive approach to the media especially the bbc. We should have used the situation with bbc Oxford to our advantage.
I think we should just ignore the BBC. That will hurt them as much as anything.

Back