New Forum Fedback Thread

BlueBrothers

I didn't see a thread for posting feedback on the new forum so I thought I would start one.

First I would say all I see in a sea of white when viewing on a desktop screen, it's like reading a MS Word document and the font is like that also. It would be smart to have some more Rangers blue around the forum. The font in the preferences section is much easier on the eye I feel and would make reading the forum more enjoyable.

Second the emoji's are pretty bad also.

Third there is no how many are viewing the thread now display next to thread titles, it was nice to see how many were in match threads and the like.

I haven't tried the mobile version so can't comment on that but I am happy with the move if it can handle match day traffic.

Good luck to FollowFollow and all who sail in her :)

I didn't see a thread for posting feedback on the new forum so I thought I would start one.

First I would say all I see in a sea of white when viewing on a desktop screen, it's like reading a MS Word document and the font is like that also. It would be smart to have some more Rangers blue around the forum. The font in the preferences section is much easier on the eye I feel and would make reading the forum more enjoyable.

Third there is no how many are viewing the thread now display next to thread titles, it was nice to see how many were in match threads and the like.

I haven't tried the mobile version so can't comment on that but I am happy with the move if it can handle match day traffic.

Sorry for my typo in the previous thread title I created, it's early.

Its a decent start. Few things need sorted but I know these will take time to change

Be good to increase the number of posts that appear per page

Having sub forums is a must as seeing everything clumped together is hurting my eyes

I am not a fan of the avatars at the left hand side of the bear pit when looking through what thread to read but alart from that its all good so far, will be better when all the sub forums are ready also.

Need to separate the Rangers football chat from the hoosewife chat about is it Cheese n Toast or Roasted Cheese....

It does the job. I would rather have a fast, functional and add free space to talk than something cumbersome to use that looks great.

It is a triumph of substance over style! ;)

We do need better smileys though...

Alot of wasted space on the forum. Jut a collum of posts down the middle with a big white space down the right hand side of the page.

I'm hoping this site is going to develop but first look I'm happy with the speed and lay out.

Seems a lot better on the mobile.

I used to hate using FF on anything but a PC on the old board.

It's brilliant on a mobile, I rarely use FF on a PC so to now have the ability to vote on polls and post pics and gifs straight from your phone's library is brilliant.

A few customisable themes (i.e. Black background) and it will be superb.

Certainly loads quicker for me, on both desktop & mobile.
Lots of new features to play with.

Happy to wait for the guys to add in the functionality as time permits.

Although I should probably say that it's sh1te, given that it's had a full 24 hours to prove itself as a world-beater

No issues so far on mobile version. Just a couple of things.

The posts per page to be increased from 20 to either 50 or 100 as otherwise match day threads will be a nightmare.

The avatars available for every member could cause issues with busy times due to loading all those pics on every page.

I like the old board but then again see how this goes though guess we have lost all old posts?

I think it is well better on the mobile. Not so much on the PC but I'm quite sure after a while all will be fine. Too much white and more blue needed.

Sorry for my typo in the previous thread title I created, it's early.

Not sure if it is my phone settings but the fonts appear a bit smaller , minor gripe ! Other than that it appears fast has some good features like the like button that may condense a few threads ! Like so far ! Would suggest that if a lounge is to reopen they have a separate apply for lounge acccess where you can give your old board details ! If emails etc tie in you get access back ! Not sure if they would have downloaded the data from the old board to allow this to happen

Never seen any prior warning and haven't seen anything since, was there a reason why we've moved to the new board?

New board looks good, not as many adverts slowing it down. Are we getting a Lounge and a Secret Lounge?

It's decent, I like the notifications if quoted etc, handy that. Will enjoy it more when its sorted in to sections.

had to re-register because the new forum didn't recognise my username and password even though when i did re-register i used the same details and now i've lost my post count

I like it so far. It loads much faster than the old board ever did even though I had AdBlock Plus installed. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, but it's definitely a thumbs up from me.....

Any way of increasing the number of posts per page? The new forum looks good, a bit sleaker than the old one. Will be better once we get different forums set up, its all a bit cluttered just now.

Only complaint I have is that it automatically 'watches' a thread once you make a post in it. Having to back in to uncheck them every time is a bit of a pain.

Back