New head of referee operations

aayjay

Haven't seen a thread on this and missed it myself up to now.

On that page there's also a link to an interview with him this week. I wonder if this will bring about any change to the present unlevel playing field. In his interview he talks about a number of aspects of the refereeing set up he needs to get to grips with. One word I notice he didn't mention was consistency. To the fan I think that's perhaps the biggest issue of all - treating all situations, players and teams consistently from one game to the next, and across the referee body as a whole. Go to it Mr Allan. I hope he was too recent in the job to have anything to do with Clancy turning up at Ceptic park again this week or it doesn't look good !

They must have a more active assessment procedure of performances and not just from the stadium .For instances Clancy's performance at the knewdome should have been analysed by a neutral and he should have been questioned about his decisions during the game . Its ridiculous after that performance he gets the televised game in the cup and is apparently the referee at the next mentally challenged game .
Down south this happens and if the referee is deemed to have had a bad game is demoted to the lower leagues and then further assessed .
Don't forget Clancy gets over a thousand quid a game plus expenses ,they are not doing it for just the love of the game .
They must be held to account for their mistakes

The mans just starting his position and already the filth fans are complaining. Oh what a surprise :)

While Lawwell holds such influence at the governing bodies I'm afraid i don't trust any of their appointments ....... different name, same old pish !!!

Will be interesting to see what changes he makes if any. I think the refs need more training camps, that way they can discuss decisions and their views on incidents. Hopefully in the long term making decisions more consistent

Do they still have referee observers at SPFL games? If they do, you do have to wonder how some of the referees get away with their incompetent performances.
That must be the easiest job ever. Just tick all the boxes saying he had a great game every time. How else do could explain Clancy getting a big game straight after?

I think I'll apply. Just pretend you actually watched the game while sampling free hospitality.

I have no hope that he will make any difference to the current standard of referees or be any different to the previous holders of his job

He was the 4th official who stood between Walter and Mixu Paatelinen near enough having a square go the day Novo got red-carded

Back