New Heart and Hand Podcast Available - Shockingly Routine

Enjoyable episode.
I'd like to focus on our 2 goals as there wasn't that much happening in the goalmouths.
The first goal, I like to see us scoring some cheap goals and we are managing it this season, a simple accurate cross and accurate header.
The second, a wonderful goal, a couple of one twos and a low cross resulting in a tap in.
What we absolutely must do is to win the game v Livingston.
Good luck to Rangers against Standard Liege on Thursday.
I think Celtic making an arse of their CL campaign has set them back.

"We were ruthless, we were professional, we were controlled.

Take away the Old Firm nerves we all have and just look at the football, that's Rangers away from home at a bottom half team.

Early goal first half, early goal second half, don't expend too much energy, big game on Thursday"

Couldn't have put it better myself to be honest. It was brutally routine and far easier than a lot of the games we play.

What was more interesting was David's point on the muted celebration and the discussion that followed about the increasing maturity of the side and how the players and management took the result.

This team and the ones before them have been blighted by the mental side of things more than the physical and those defeats we suffered for a few years really became a millstone around our neck. However, we have been breaking through these mental blocs slowly, but surely. First win against them since being back in the top division, first away win against them, being top of the table, staying top of the table for more than one game etc.

Now we're at the point where the first back-to-back victories at their midden for nearly a quarter of a century is "just another victory, big game in Belgium on Thursday, got to be professional on Sunday as Livingston are a decent defensive unit".

If we're serious, this team only one block left now and just like Souness said in the post-match against Galatasaray, "the only thing missing is a trophy and once you get one they'll all come rolling in".

100% agree Mr M. They look like they did a lot of honest self-analysis through lockdown and came out with the right conclusions.

The sound quality from all podders on this one is ace. I love the pod but sound quality is my biggest criticism compared to others I listen to.

A heart-warming joy of a pod.
'Andrews-esque'.. Withering.
And as you guys say, a lot of expensive junk bought & bleeding them dry with no prospect of being moved on till Jan earliest. Lovely

Last edited:
Back