New Heart and Hand Podcast available - The Bain of My Life

Yep - fully understand m8. My perspective at the time was influenced by the breakaway group due to a friendship with one of those guys. In retrospect, DE and MD were correct.

So it was Bain not Walter that pushed for McCoist to get the managers job, another situation he wasn't qualified for.

Aye I know mate I just find the whole dynamic weird considering they sat on the board with each other for 10 years with feelings of mutual dislike between each other.

I’m sure King invested/was appointed a director round about 2000/2001.Im just curious as to which point during that decade the mural dislike started and I’m also surprised Murray didn’t find a way to remove him as a director.

I always thought King first fell out with Murray over the sale to Whyte in 2011 and the subsequent loss to King’s shares and investment when the club was saved by NewCo sale rather than CVA.

It was much earlier than that. The £20m that King invested was through a holding company that Murray also had shares in. Murray had (iirc) 51%, King 49%. So Murray controlled all the shares that were bought with King’s investment.

So it was Bain not Walter that pushed for McCoist to get the managers job, another situation he wasn't qualified for.

i don't think so, think it was definitely Walter that pushed for Super

I think what @David Edgar was saying as Rangers MD he should have been a lot stronger in opposing the appointment.

But that's who Bain was. Someone who tried to be an alpha, until someone far bigger (Walter/Murray) came long and he turned into a weakling

I won't post the Terry Tibbs video again, however the Bain thread on here nailed him.

As far as podders go, for me it's the Pareto principle, I listen to 80% of the content by about 20% of the podders, Martyn is always one of them.

Great listen and insight yet again David, cheers for that. Bain seems like the type of guy that googles himself, so no doubt he's had a listen already!

Last edited:
Listened to this the other day-brilliant stuff as always! Anyone that’s not listened to the Murray Years should seek it out-excellent series of podcasts.

Really enjoy this type of content-gives a little insight into the side of Rangers which most of us have never and will never experience. More content like this would certainly be most welcomed by myself at least!:))
Hear Hear excellent podcast

I have subscribed on Patreon but can only see the podcasts fromm the last month or so. Is it not possible to listen to the earlier series?

Back