New Heart and Hand Podcast available - The Bain of My Life

Listened at the weekend.Confirmed what I think most people that saw him from afar thought he was like. We all know people like him through work etc.

Listened to this the other day-brilliant stuff as always! Anyone that’s not listened to the Murray Years should seek it out-excellent series of podcasts.

Really enjoy this type of content-gives a little insight into the side of Rangers which most of us have never and will never experience. More content like this would certainly be most welcomed by myself at least!:))

I've listened a few times. I think David is way to hypercritical of himself. David the very fact your personality was as strong as it was and its advantages, that you now perceive as failings, was the reason you exploded the critic of Murray and raised the RST profile so much. The regular Real Radio stuff was astonishing. Imagine that in the current climate?

You are human not perfect, we clashed heavily on the we deserve better campaign at the time but although I lost the plot with how it was being presented, it never detracted away from all good being done.

I was really disappointed the way Bain engaged with you in Starbucks. Baldy prick. I really wanted to know if he was humbled at what came to pass. That him and others in the RST who ended up on RM at the time waging a Murray PR cocksocket approach, ever apologised that they got it spectacularly wrong.

I'd have loved any insight into how Bain changed at the end when he 'went' against Murray re Whyte. I often wondered if what motivated him was losing his job rather than the well being of Rangers.

Was my favourite so far. Only been on for few months.

Recomend anybody still unsure to sign up.

Should easily get near 50k bears signing up to this.

Easy to set the patreon account up, then download the app, and away you go.

Great for travelling to and from work, or out for walks and exercising for me.

Now listening back to the Murray and Me pods. Would have been great to have been fly on the wall during this period.

Dying to know who the woman is that was so bad at her job but kept it. :))

By the sounds of it, the Starbucks interaction just summed him up.

The only downside of this pod is that it's probably boosting his ego (not that David will care about that I'm guessing).

Martyn in my opinion is within the top three podders on Heart and Hand. I say that as someone who listens to a lot of podcasts. Martyn could hold his own in any of them.
Have to agree with this, don't miss many of H&H shows. But the quality of Martyns' shows are always good. Anyone not signed up already should give it a try. I've listened since day one of the pod, few changes since then. It's s pretty much everything you need, the best coverage of our club, humour, history, mental health shows. Well worth it, I've binned bt, sky etc & along with a few other pods, it's where my free time is now spent.

In the process of watching the first series of Sunderland till I die. I have to admit Martin Bain is not really coming across as my cup of tea but look forward to listen to the Heart and Hand opinion.

Martyn is one of my fav Podders. His Time Capsule shows are just fantastic.

Plus no it's no Martyn here, just a long time Heart and Hander.

Aye I could listen to Martyn all day he is really good.

Martyn and James Forrest took me some time to get used to but now I think they are both an asset to the show and look forward to their shows.

Just finished it, cracking listen, right at the end with Edgar going in to Starbucks and bumping into him was hilarious.

Virtually non-existent. By the time I was around King was very much persona non grata with Murray.
Why what had happened between them at that point mate?I didn’t think there was animosity there between them until the sale to Whyte period.

Why what had happened between them at that point mate?I didn’t think there was animosity there between them until the sale to Whyte period.

King and Murray can’t stand each other going back to the time King invested £20m in Rangers under Murray.

King and Murray can’t stand each other going back to the time King invested £20m in Rangers under Murray.
Cheers mate.

That’s mental that they sat on the same board with each other right through the noughties with them both hating each other.

Fair play to King for sticking it out.

Aye I could listen to Martyn all day he is really good.

Martyn and James Forrest took me some time to get used to but now I think they are both an asset to the show and look forward to their shows.

Harrigan took me ages to get used to but now I think he is brilliant. In all honesty, there is nobody on the network I dislike.

Im not an expert so could be wrong, but I think King invested loads of money and Murray more or less spunked it

Harrigan took me ages to get used to but now I think he is brilliant. In all honesty, there is nobody on the network I dislike.

Same here mate enjoy listening to everyone as I said took some time to get used to Martyn and James style but really enjoy them as much as the rest now.

Just started listening. Your man Martyn doesnae half waffle when he is asking you questions does he?!?!

The questions in this type of interview tend to be multi-faceted so he needs to go into a bit of detail.

Listened to this the other day-brilliant stuff as always! Anyone that’s not listened to the Murray Years should seek it out-excellent series of podcasts.

Really enjoy this type of content-gives a little insight into the side of Rangers which most of us have never and will never experience. More content like this would certainly be most welcomed by myself at least!:))

Is there a link to these?

Im not an expert so could be wrong, but I think King invested loads of money and Murray more or less spunked it
Aye I know mate I just find the whole dynamic weird considering they sat on the board with each other for 10 years with feelings of mutual dislike between each other.

I’m sure King invested/was appointed a director round about 2000/2001.Im just curious as to which point during that decade the mural dislike started and I’m also surprised Murray didn’t find a way to remove him as a director.

I always thought King first fell out with Murray over the sale to Whyte in 2011 and the subsequent loss to King’s shares and investment when the club was saved by NewCo sale rather than CVA.

Just finished listening. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was trying hard to give Martin Bain the benefit of the doubt throughout but the Starbucks story where he attempted to belittle David Edgar were the actions of an arrogant dick.

Another cracking podcast from the guys ,I was out for my walk today and listened to the Time Capsule Only Fools one .I felt a right dick walking along the street laughing out loud when the best of Trigger came on Keep them coming lads

Listening as I type, great stuff @David Edgar. Imagine how he would have got on with Rodgers! :D

Overall it saddens me that the 'militancy' and truth of what was being fought for, and the message wasn't fully absorbed and supported by a significant section of our support until it was too later and out of our hands.

After all that's happened, we're surely stronger for it. On the park, it will turn eventually.

C'est La Vie.

Another cracking podcast from the guys ,I was out for my walk today and listened to the Time Capsule Only Fools one .I felt a right dick walking along the street laughing out loud when the best of Trigger came on Keep them coming lads
Yip did exactly the same when out walking the pups. Heard the new brush line so many times but still makes me laugh.

Same happened to me at the weekend. There's hardly anyone out, but when the Trigger clips came on just when a guy was walking past me and a woman was sitting at her front door with her kid. Must have thought I was mental. :)) :))

I remember Bain was the chargehand at the pub, John Street Jam around about 1989 / early 90s

he was also a part time male model and generally a good looking guy

you could tell a mile off he was up his own arse and had a disdain towards everyone else. Went about as if he was a superstar

Bain does not come across as a decent person at all - how did he ever manage to get into that position with Rangers?

Hi all, Martyn (our one) spoke to me about my impressions of our former CEO Martin Bain, currently wowing the crowds on Netflix's Sunderland documentary. Having had many dealings with him over five years at the Rangers Supporters Trust, this is what I gleaned about the former model.

If this guy was chocolate he would have eaten himself years ago!
Murray's poodle.
This guy was and by all accounts still is being a complete 'Three Card Trick'.
Sorry but he doesn't warrant this podcast.Or any podcast.
A part of Rangers history that would be better erased.

Reminds me of this tool...

https://tenor.com/view/donald-trump-anti-trump-politics-gif-16759638

Last edited:
That’s not really how it works. He is a part of Rangers history, like it or not.
True.
Unfortunately.

What you guys did was completely valid.
Just not for me.
I and am sure many others have stories about Mr Bain.Unfortunately very few good, as far as I remember.
But you are quite correct. He is part of our history.
Just not a part I personally care to remember.

Last edited:
I've listened a few times. I think David is way to hypercritical of himself. David the very fact your personality was as strong as it was and its advantages, that you now perceive as failings, was the reason you exploded the critic of Murray and raised the RST profile so much. The regular Real Radio stuff was astonishing. Imagine that in the current climate?

You are human not perfect, we clashed heavily on the we deserve better campaign at the time but although I lost the plot with how it was being presented, it never detracted away from all good being done.

I was really disappointed the way Bain engaged with you in Starbucks. Baldy prick. I really wanted to know if he was humbled at what came to pass. That him and others in the RST who ended up on RM at the time waging a Murray PR cocksocket approach, ever apologised that they got it spectacularly wrong.

I'd have loved any insight into how Bain changed at the end when he 'went' against Murray re Whyte. I often wondered if what motivated him was losing his job rather than the well being of Rangers.
ffs spoiler alert!! :mad:

Back