Podcast New Heart and Hand Podcast out - It’s Down to Them

I brought it up in another post about Danoli and the prospective out until November.
As DE goes to press conferences maybe he can ask why Doekhi was operated on for a cheek fracture and was playing with a mask a week later.
McGregor a double fracture last season and back playing in a fortnight also with a mask.
Do we molly coddle our players to much.
Serious question we do need to put them on the line.

I brought it up in another post about Danoli and the prospective out until November.
As DE goes to press conferences maybe he can ask why Doekhi was operated on for a cheek fracture and was playing with a mask a week later.
McGregor a double fracture last season and back playing in a fortnight also with a mask.
Do we molly coddle our players to much.
Serious question we do need to put them on the line.

All injuries are different. It’s like asking why one person recovers from a cold in two days and another it’s a week.

Comparing it to other players is pointless.

Enjoyed listening to this.

I thought there were another couple of questionable takes from Alex on the car pod in all honesty but I agree with everything on this pod.

I’ve been watching Rangers for 35yrs and I’d say that I’ve never seen a core of players in a Rangers dressing room who appear to feel so cosy and safe in their positions despite not winning trophies regularly.

Gerrard’s exit to Villa camouflaged what felt like a dip in effort towards the end of his reign: the players were quite clearly not following what Gio was asking of them this time last year, and now Beale’s frustration at the side of the pitch recently suggests that the players are coasting a bit as they wait this out.

The players are technically capable - their attitude is an utter disgrace IMO.
If we do part ways with Beale and bring someone else in then unless that dressing room is purged then we will be right back here in 12mths time.

Last edited:
Great pod, Davie, and one I always look forward to. It's a type of therapy for me especially after a poor performance. Good to hear the Sage of Saltcoats is doing well after his surgery.

I've stopped listening to some pods now but let me guess, was it chip on the shoulder type stuff littered with excuses, us being unlucky, and digs at the fans from one podder?

To be fair you know what will be said by him every single time so just avoid it. I heard it was rotten again but like I say it is easy to avoid when you know what is coming. And there's plenty of other content and even opposing views when he starts going off on one.

Heart and Hand is a wonderful pod and great value. I've been on it since day 1 and you just have to accept there are some pods that aren't for you but loads of brilliant ones.
I had to turn it off.
Don’t think the chap deserves the abuse he got on the H&H comments after it right enough but tend to disagree quite a lot with him.

The flagship was good, hit the nail on the head.

While I find many of the manager’s decisions baffling the fact is I’m just a supporter with supporter knowledge and don’t profess to be able to outthink football luminaries like Beale never mind Guardiola or Ancellotti.

However, I can tell when players attempt to make a pass to (presumably the intent is to) a teammate. On Sunday I was absolutely raging in the early part of the game when in the midfield area our assorted players passed the ball to the opposition multiple times (it was either 5 times or 6 times) and when I turned to look at the scoreboard clock it was still showing 4 minutes. So in the first 5 minutes our highly paid professionals had conceded possession to the opposition at least 5 times. As the game progressed I found myself grabbing handfuls of my remaining hair of which there is nowadays far too little to be pulling any out voluntarily so bad was the litany of unforced errors our players were making.

So my request of the manager and any of the players would be, ‘why can our players not execute straightforward passes to colleagues’?
I think it's because Beale isn't a luminarie mate

Back