New Hearts striker better than Defoe?!

Embarrassing on the BBC

"his goalscoring record as a professional is actually better than Rangers striker Jermain Defoe's. Boyce has 86 goals in 179 games - a remarkable record."

Aye, because scoring against the opponents of Burton and Ross County is comparable to playing in the EPL? SMH
The bbc would be well aware someone on here would post that shite so job done for them.

It doesn't actually say he's a better player than Defoe though, does it?

no, it doesnt.

all it states is the fact that he's got a comparatively better goals-to-game ratio than defoe.

the relative level is, of course, relevant. But i'm not gonna go apoplectic with rage.

Boyce is a decent striker and we will need to make sure we stop him

Comparing him to Defoe is typical BBC scum. Beyond redemption

Our scouting team need to have a word with themselves, Hope we still got time to cancel JDs new contract :rolleyes:

If that's how you decide who is better, big Kenny Deuchar at Gretna was better than both of them.

hahaha , are they just looking at defoes last two games ?. are they aware of the accomplishments across his career ?. just rangers hating drivel.

Their pain is there for all to hear,guaranteed when we do 55 they will come out with the "its your first" pish

100% guarantee it. They have to put something as its big news and they've got 1 of 2 options
They can put its the first title since being moved to the lowest division or they can put some shite like the first title since the old co was dissolved and a newco formed.

No prizes for guessing which one they'll go for...

It's like saying Kobe beef and Lidls own brand of dog food are the same as they both contain meat. Defoe is getting on a bit but i can't think of many strikers in Britain who have the same level of instincts in the box.

I can’t bring myself to get annoyed/offended by anything that comes from the BBC anymore.

a lot of blood pressure would be better off if they ignored them

ysQilsw.gif

Well need to be careful if he starts today, he’s not a dud or anything.

I know f*ck all about Northern Ireland but his league record seems decent.

The article itself is just stating the records really, not anything to be arsed about.

I think the bbc have actually made a fair point here. I mean I’m sure that Jermaine Defoe dreams most nights about achieving all that Liam Boyce has achieved in the game and maybe even has regrets that he’s not played at that level.

On a serious note though as long as we keep coming on here and moaning about the bbc, sutton, hartson or whoever is having a go, then they are going to keep spouting their drivel.

I wish we would wise up and not take the bait.

Statistics, damn statistics and lies. Statistics can always be used to prove just about anything in you want them too and anyone can take just about anything from them.

If that’s the way they look at it they will be saying Shankland is a better player than both of them combined.

Embarrassing on the BBC

"his goalscoring record as a professional is actually better than Rangers striker Jermain Defoe's. Boyce has 86 goals in 179 games - a remarkable record."

Aye, because scoring against the opponents of Burton and Ross County is comparable to playing in the EPL? SMH

I'm sure Defoe doesn't need to get any incentives for any game, but I hope he has a wee look at this and thinks 'ok' and goes out and destroys them with a couple of goals.

It doesn't actually say he's a better player than Defoe though, does it?
No it doesn't but that won't stop plenty getting all worked up about the comments.

Too many read in to things what they want to see rather than actually reading the article in context.

Utterly laughable.

Boyce has a decent record in context. It’s schoolboy level compared to Defoe’s 100+ premier league goals.
He has a very decent record, but predominantly at League One, SPL v lower level teams and for Cliftonville. One goal in 21 caps for NI.

He will do a job for them I expect but it’s hardly the coming of the Messiah and it’s certainly not comparable to Defoe. Typical BBC anti-Rangers shite.

Nowhere in the quote does it say Boyce is better than Defoe.

He has better goal scoring record, which is fact.

Our support get triggered far too easily sometimes.

Back