New Ibrox Banners.

%^*& me. We’re obviously trying to add something to the stadium for the next season before the big overhaul For the up and coming anniversary. We aren’t going to spend brewsters doing it but they’re trying to add a bit of something different. The knicker wetting and the shit the company is getting is mental. Show this much passion inside the ground as some are about the outside and we might get ourselves an atmosphere :rolleyes:

The ironic thing is that those moaning about it being classless and tacky probably have a hot tub in their garden, have a love/life/laughter picture in their living room and artex roofs all round their house. I cannot understand why people get so worked up about stuff like this. Giving the person who carried out the work grief is shameful from the morons doing it.

The ironic thing is that those moaning about it being classless and tacky probably have a hot tub in their garden, have a love/life/laughter picture in their living room and artex roofs all round their house. I cannot understand why people get so worked up about stuff like this. Giving the person who carried out the work grief is shameful from the morons doing it.
I’ve read some stupid posts on here over the years but that takes the biscuit.

Absolute women going on about this kind of thing. It’s laughable. If you get upset about some banners going up you’re beyond stupid.
I think your view is in the minority.
Is the majority all beyond stupid.
P. S. I was actually referring to your remarks on people's house designs.

I think your view is in the minority.
Is the majority all beyond stupid.
P. S. I was actually referring to your remarks on people's house designs.

The vast majority do not give a shit about stuff like this. There is a bubble who fuss about stuff like this whilst the majority are only interested in our results and the team. Some get upset about banners, cladding and the name of the club shop. It was a lighthearted pop at folk getting their knickers in a twist. Possible to be fairly accurate but a joke nonetheless.

I don't really think they enhance the stadium aspect at all, the garish red in it is irritating, like a darkroom photography light.
WTF is this soccer shit, it's not America compared to everything else we have been doing this sticks out like dogs balls in the not very tasty department. IMHO anyway.
Maybe it is “soccer” because it is aimed at other countries. Just a thought.

Jesus wept man its a banner. Probabaly a stop gap till somthing else and macrae has probably been given these designs by the club to make. Wouldnt surprise me if he done them for nothing either. Cracking guy anyone abusing him are idiots

I hope you are right but how can this not be the final position when it looks mounted on the wall to me?
I think banners done right for these areas of the stadium are could work tbh. Some of the brickwork is pretty cracked and damaged. The front of Ibrox is stunning but banners could work on the other sides if done correctly. That particular banner is a bit of a disaster tbh, it's much too dark and its a mish mash of commercial adverts with Rangers history. Having that same banner with pictures of historical figures and images and a bright colour scheme would be a bit better.

I think that actually looks ok cant see what all the fuss is about

Id say it probably looks better in person aswell

As for the company involved getting abused that’s disgusting behaviour

Rather than spend money on these banners, why not power wash the brickwork and that concrete above the exterior of the stands is an eyesore.

The stadium has been neglected for years.
Fortunes have been spent on the stadium since Dave King ousted the crooks, and more money is earmarked, but it obviously takes time. There was over a million spent on plumbing alone, patience is a virtue. BTW I dont particulate like the banner, but until the brickwork gets repaired, it will do.

EcKcegxX0AABb1I.jpg

More an advert than a banner

Doesn't look great, but in detail it looks like a piece that would be used in an RTV production, perhaps as a background or in a feature. Can't imagine its permenant.

Look forward to a review of the aesthetics of the seat covering banners required for early season.

"Wrong Pantone colour of red - ruins it for me "

Back