New Ibrox Banners.

Looks like some first year graphics student on their first week, has been let loose on this.
It’s the sort of right-on, trendy and pseudo “art” that makes me think that whoever produced this must have a liking for hoops, with at least one on their nose.
Just a bloody eyesore as far as I’m concerned.

Nice to see an effort being made and I know this is the cheap option but that is just pure tat!!

I would like to see the side panels all replaced (I was happy to see a start being made).

The club deck roof needs scrubbed, that beam is a disgrace, there was a campaign from rangers fans who were tradesmen that were willing to work for free or a nominal fee , all above board, all professional why not see if that offer is still open?

If something would cost a few grand offer a season ticket here and there a signed shirt etc to tradesmen who offer , probably too simplistic I suppose but anyway , back to the matter in hand, that banner is tacky.

Anything bar resurfacing or glass panels on the other 3 stands is an attempt at turd polishing.

The banners have all been awful looking

Nice to see an effort being made and I know this is the cheap option but that is just pure tat!!

I would like to see the side panels all replaced (I was happy to see a start being made).

The club deck roof needs scrubbed, that beam is a disgrace, there was a campaign from Rangers fans who were tradesmen that were willing to work for free or a nominal fee , all above board, all professional why not see if that offer is still open?

If something would cost a few grand offer a season ticket here and there a signed shirt etc to tradesmen who offer , probably too simplistic I suppose but anyway , back to the matter in hand, that banner is tacky.
The side panels should be completely replaced to match the club deck stairwells imo

If it's for advertising purposes you'd think a billboard would be money better spent can't imagine many walk up that way that aren't there for the football and most fans would know about MyGers anyway

A few points here.

We do need to increase advertising for potential revenue streams. We all should agree on that.

The outside of the stadium must be modernised. We should all agree on that.

What is the cost to take the stadium to the next level, possibly not that much but in the grand scheme of running a football club and returning us to the summit, potentially too much.

If these things are temporary as we will be modernising, it could be accepted. This one however is horrendous looking and is not befitting of what our stadium stands as. Ibrox itself stands as a memorial.

Ultimately, I'd like us to be able to wrap some form of digital advertising round the tops edges of the stands minus the main stand which gets brought back to its high standard

What was that about?

Must have missed this.

They covered the glass at the end of the iconic main stand and after a backlash from fans took them down and claimed it was just a “ trial“ . They’ve done it in the main stand corridors as well plastered stickers of players all over the shop it looks tacky and horrific and unbecoming of our traditional stadium .

Not a fan of these vinyl banners. Think they should just let the red brick speak of the classiness of the stadium. If it was concrete I might see the need to cover it, but not brick facing

No need, I can’t understand why money is being spent on this when there are many more upgrades in and around Ibrox that need attention

Does anybody know the reason why the empty spaces were left the way they are at the top of the stand rather than bricked up like the rest of it,they are an absolute eyesore.

As for the banners, they look tacky,given the age of the 3 stands they look tired and old,would love to see some sort of nice modern cladding covering them along with some nice LED signage and same lighting used to highlight the stadium at night.

Also noticed in the Willie Vass link above, the concrete down the side of the Copland stand still hasn't been cleaned and that picture was three years ago, I really don't know nor can fathom out why they clean a little bit and then don't touch the rest. Does nobody at the club actually walk round the stadium.

Someone wants to start doing their job as the stadium and facilities manager and start organising tidying the place up a bit inside.

copland house and Broomloan house are horrendous inside. dated, Horrible, dirty.
The outside of the stadium should be cleaned up, jet washed or sandblasted to clean it all up, as well as cleaning up the concrete and whiter areas to stop it looking so dated.

advertising hoardings aren’t going to cut it in terms of tidying the place up.

While Mr Bisgrove has been doing very well since he’s come in, there’s a lot of work to do and to me looking outside in and with some prior experience of the workings of the facilities side of the stadium, it does look like some folk will have to move on and leave room for folk who can do the job better and have more passion and drive for looking after the stadium.

The current staff members who look after the stadium aren’t up to the job unfortunately.

I don't really think they enhance the stadium aspect at all, the garish red in it is irritating, like a darkroom photography light.
WTF is this soccer shit, it's not America compared to everything else we have been doing this sticks out like dogs balls in the not very tasty department. IMHO anyway.

The more I look at it, they look like they are sized and shaped to fit a seating section within the stadium.

And the "soccer" reference would be for overseas TV when we are behind closed doors.

Who's with me??

I’d like a quote and a crowd fund attempt to jetwash the white (sic) club deck roof.
Love the main stand as it's totally iconic but the beam is a total eyesore and has been needing a good wash for years .Hopefully it will finally be done for the 150th anniversary.

Looks really shit. Let's be honest though, Main Stand and gates aside the rest of the outside of the stadium looks fucking horrendous anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I love the fact that we are moaning about some banners at the club, think in the years gone by the things we’ve had to deal with. Means we are in a good place :)

Back