New Ibrox Banners.

A total riddy in all honesty, the brickwork needs done all around the stadium. This stuff is cheap and tacky and is papering over the cracks, it’s super low as well so it’ll just vandalised there.

Just seen this tweet showin 1 of 3 new banners being placed around Ibrox.

Thoughts

What's with one of those hashtags #wewerentborntofollow ?

Maybe it's a motto of the signs company but pretty ridiculous to use in the tweet when the banner they've produced actually says "follow follow", and it's one of the customer's most familiar motto.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

When ever I think of banners round stadiums I think of the tacky things the tims have . They need there’s to cover there cheap stadium but Ibrox doesn’t . Wash it and renovate but keep banners for other things

You do wonder, who comes up with these ideas?

It looks like someone has been given a budget and told to do something with it. Complete waste of money.

I hope it’s more of a stopgap before the almighty cleaning of the stadium for the 150th celebrations.

If these are for covering seats when the season kicks off behind closed doors then I'm not too fussed. Vinyl banners outside any ground always seems cheap and plug and cover up type deal.

The main thing coming from this thread is the lack pride in the stadiums image, it needs a good cleaning before anything else.

Also feel the Club should have a few of these around the ground, so adverts of club products can be shown, bolted down for a few hours then removed. Modern and can be changed easily. Ads on loop for VIP, MyGers, video clips, ticket info, release dates on merch etc. Could easily have the crest or badge at the bottom.
android-freestanding-digital-poster-_5_-min__22947.1492702937.jpg

Last edited:
Really frustrated seeing this! Don’t know why continue to try and keep up with the trend of plastering the building with these!! See it a lot now with new stadiums to try and give it some sort of personality.. we really don’t need that! Our stadium looks and has the feel of historic value, these banners just cheapen it!!

If these are for covering seats when the season kicks off behind closed doors then I'm not too fussed. Vinyl banners outside any ground always seems cheap and plug and cover up type deal.

The main thing coming from this thread is the lack pride in the stadiums image, it needs a good cleaning before anything else.

Also feel the Club should have a few of these around the ground, so adverts of club products can be shown, bolted down for a few hours then removed. Modern and can be changed easily. Ads on loop for VIP, MyGers, video clips, ticket info, release dates on merch etc. Could easily have the crest or badge at the bottom.
android-freestanding-digital-poster-_5_-min__22947.1492702937.jpg
Yup said that for ages

It certainly isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, I would concur.

The idea is not too far off the mark though, when the Board of Directors discussed the plan they were moving in the right direction, then it somehow went off course.

The content of the banner has too much information crammed into it for the average punter as he/she approaches our iconic home.

Something less 'busy' would be more of an attraction, something fans that with just a fleeting glance at it would immediately fill them with a sense of pride, a puffed out chest as they entered this magnificent Stadium and up the stairs to watch The Rangers.

May I suggest...

NsPYUCq.png

:))

It certainly isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, I would concur.

The idea is not too far off the mark though, when the Board of Directors discussed the plan they were moving in the right direction, then it somehow went off course.

The content of the banner has too much information crammed into it for the average punter as he/she approaches our iconic home.

Something less 'busy' would be more of an attraction, something fans that with just a fleeting glance at it would immediately fill them with a sense of pride, a puffed out chest as they entered this magnificent Stadium and up the stairs to watch The Rangers.

May I suggest...

NsPYUCq.png

:))
If only!. That would be tremendous.

And I thought the banners on the stairs were bad... It’s like we’re having a competition to see how badly we can try and ruin Ibrox with these banners

You do have to wonder at the mentality of the people who come up with these concepts?

That, there banner is a filth-with-a-tin-of-paint magnet.

Now the club didn't have the political nous or just plain street savvy to put on extra security when the filth were handed the title that never was in April. And look what happened there?

So what makes them think, filth in the surrounding areas are going to ignore these new kids on the block?

The club either needs to up extra security at all times or it's a disaster waiting to happen.

A nice idea, but the practicalities of decency v the filth mindset will only end in another laugh at our expense.

Hopefully I'm wrong of course.

Looks very out of place, at least someone within the club is trying it’s just not going very well for them.

What's with one of those hashtags #wewerentborntofollow ?

Maybe it's a motto of the signs company but pretty ridiculous to use in the tweet when the banner they've produced actually says "follow follow", and it's one of the customer's most familiar motto.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
That’s lyrics from a song is it not?Born to lead not follow (I think) is the meaning.Maybe I’ve lost the plot.:D

edit It is a Song by Bon Jovi .Second line in the song is very apt during these times. ;)

That’s lyrics from a song is it not?Born to lead not follow (I think) is the meaning.Maybe I’ve lost the plot.:D

edit It is a Song by Bon Jovi .Second line in the song is very apt during these times. ;)
Yeh that's fair enough. I just think quoting something like that devalues our follow follow sentiment. I'm just a bit suspicious that it was a deliberate dig.

Adds a splash of colour, I quite like them. Remember they can be changed as advertising boards or to promote something.

What is it with the club and these cheap looking banners. The one on Edmiston house is fine but that’s where they should have stopped

What is it with the club and these cheap looking banners. The one on Edmiston house is fine but that’s where they should have stopped
Are we sure they are not for covering seats inside the stadium?All the games I’ve watched in England have them.

Don't really care tbh.

It's only a banner and doesn't worry me one way or the other.

I don’t like it. But in the grand scheme of things the banner doesn’t matter.

what annoys me is the misplaced sense of priority. Look at the photo the brickwork needs fixed, the concrete is an eye sore and needs cleaned and the gaps at the top need sorted.

did they ever finish replacing the cladding at the sides of the broomloan and Copland ?

Proper signs wouldn’t cost that much more - the banners quickly look dirty and cheap

I don’t like it. But in the grand scheme of things the banner doesn’t matter.

what annoys me is the misplaced sense of priority. Look at the photo the brickwork needs fixed, the concrete is an eye sore and needs cleaned and the gaps at the top need sorted.

did they ever finish replacing the cladding at the sides of the broomloan and Copland ?

No , it’s half finished . Like you I assumed it would be getting done once lockdown was lifted . No sign of it being started . We now have half brand new clear panels and half yellowed from the 80s.

Don't really care tbh.

It's only a banner and doesn't worry me one way or the other.

It surprises me to see people with the passion for the club you clearly have , shrugging and saying you don’t care about giant nylon banners being plastered onto our iconic stadium . You are allowed to say if you don’t like something - and lets be honest , not many are going to like this . Everyone and their auntie knows it’s a cheap way of trying to make things look better , instead of actually fixing the brickwork and cleaning properly .

No , it’s half finished . Like you I assumed it would be getting done once lockdown was lifted . No sign of it being started . We now have half brand new clear panels and half yellowed from the 80s.
That’s a bit disappointing.Would like to have seen this done.Can’t be to critical but hope it’s finished sooner rather than later.

It surprises me to see people with the passion for the club you clearly have , shrugging and saying you don’t care about giant nylon banners being plastered onto our iconic stadium . You are allowed to say if you don’t like something - and lets be honest , not many are going to like this . Everyone and their auntie knows it’s a cheap way of trying to make things look better , instead of actually fixing the brickwork and cleaning properly .

Ì guess it's how you view what the priorities are mate.

After what we went through in 2012 and the years following, I'm just delighted to have a team to support, far less the fact we are now challenging for trophies and are a respected force in Europe once again.

If the worst we need to suffer through this cash tight pandemic is a couple of banners, then I can live with that without even batting an eyelid.

It's not as if they're draping them over our iconic Main Stand front.

It honestly doesn't bother me, but that's just my opinion.

That’s a bit disappointing.Would like to have seen this done.Can’t be to critical but hope it’s finished sooner rather than later.
We can be critical. The replacing of the cladding didn’t need to stop when it did. It’s not the most complex or costly job. And a half done job looks poor.

I know it’s been done to death, but if the club don’t have time/money/will to do the basic maintenance (I don’t believe it’s a money issue), then let the fans do it.

People saying why are folk getting wound up about a banner are probably right but it has to be said it looks gash. The money spent on that would have paid for a guy for a week with a powerwasher going round the stadium. I still can’t understand why in %^*& the place hasn’t been given a good clean.

Back