New Ibrox Banners.

People saying why are folk getting wound up about a banner are probably right but it has to be said it looks gash. The money spent on that would have paid for a guy for a week with a powerwasher going round the stadium. I still can’t understand why in %^*& the place hasn’t been given a good clean.

The bit that gets me recently for lack of cleaning is around our dugouts and on top of them we have big areas of moss growing on them . Ten minutes with a Karcher and some weedkiller and they’d be spotless . Next time your in the stadium have a look, we even had it shown live as the teams came out for a europa league game , Gerrard standing in front of a moss covered Perspex dugout . There’s absolutely no excuse for this whatsoever .

Probably cheaper that using the billboard that we used outside Argyle House entrance to advertise our wares.

I don’t like it. But in the grand scheme of things the banner doesn’t matter.

what annoys me is the misplaced sense of priority. Look at the photo the brickwork needs fixed, the concrete is an eye sore and needs cleaned and the gaps at the top need sorted.

did they ever finish replacing the cladding at the sides of the broomloan and Copland ?
Same feeling as myself. After the embarrassment of the banner around the Club Deck stairs it is pretty clear those making these decisions at the club simply don't understand a large percentage of the support.

As you say, get the stadium cleaned and in top condition, then can talk about banners. How much money have we spent on this? The Club Deck one would have been thousands due to size.

Shite and tacky looking just like the previous ones. Apart from the main stand, Ibrox is really needing a bit of a makeover in the outside. It really isn't very nice to look at.

It certainly isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, I would concur.

The idea is not too far off the mark though, when the Board of Directors discussed the plan they were moving in the right direction, then it somehow went off course.

The content of the banner has too much information crammed into it for the average punter as he/she approaches our iconic home.

Something less 'busy' would be more of an attraction, something fans that with just a fleeting glance at it would immediately fill them with a sense of pride, a puffed out chest as they entered this magnificent Stadium and up the stairs to watch The Rangers.

May I suggest...

NsPYUCq.png

:))

Brilliant.

But it has be exactly like this. MS Paint and all :))

We can be critical. The replacing of the cladding didn’t need to stop when it did. It’s not the most complex or costly job. And a half done job looks poor.

I know it’s been done to death, but if the club don’t have time/money/will to do the basic maintenance (I don’t believe it’s a money issue), then let the fans do it.
The men at the top are trying their best.I don’t know why it stopped but is there not a problem with fans working in the stadium insurance wise? I’m sure this has been mooted before.

Hardly a busy thoroughfare that side of the stadium so not many people would see it anyway. The govan stand exterior is a bloody mess with or without banners.

Don't see the problem, it would be different if they were on the front of the main stand though.
The exterior of the Govan stand actually has a lot of potential to look quite good imo, the three pillars that stick out with the dark/black paneling behind it could end up looking better than most clubs main stands.

Hopefully we get planning done to really bring that up to standard one day

Sadly, the Broomloan, Copland and Govan stands are all pretty grim from the outside and not sure there's much we can do to make them look good, other than give them a right good clean. They are just a design of their time. From inside though, they look great, especially when the place is bouncing. I would love to either get rid, or modernise the big screens though.

The men at the top are trying their best.I don’t know why it stopped but is there not a problem with fans working in the stadium insurance wise? I’m sure this has been mooted before.
I believe it’s to do with insurance. But could be wrong. All workers would need to do would be to sign a disclaimer surely.
I’m sure we have a lot of project managers would could liaise with the club and manage the work.

I believe it’s to do with insurance. But could be wrong. All workers would need to do would be to sign a disclaimer surely.
I’m sure we have a lot of project managers would could liaise with the club and manage the work.
If it can be sorted I’m sure we would have enough tradesmen in our support to do this work.Would be good to see Ibrox looking tip top again.

A way round it would be agreeing a contract for the services with Rangers as you normally would then the cost is 1p. All insurances covered by the company/we’d employed member as usual.

A way round it would be agreeing a contract for the services with Rangers as you normally would then the cost is 1p. All insurances covered by the company/we’d employed member as usual.
See that about the contract have you not got to pay minimum wage or something along those lines for anyone undertaking work?Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but are there not employment laws that would come into play?Again hopefully I’m way off and the club and anyone who wants to can get round it.

See that about the contract have you not got to pay minimum wage or something along those lines for anyone undertaking work?Not trying to throw a spanner in the works but are there not employment laws that would come into play?Again hopefully I’m way off and the club and anyone who wants to can get round it.

if that’s the case. They pay min wage and route it to a central account that we somehow put the money back into the club.

if that’s the case. They pay min wage and route it to a central account that we somehow put the money back into the club.
As I said I don’t know much about it but u recall chat about this in the past.Whatever happens would love to see the stadium cleaned up and looking brand new again.

I was sure it had to be a contract for money or moneys worth this my 1p idea.
Maybe it’s changed but the terminology used to be the same to stop zero being charged.

Everyone of us would help with the clean up, surely this can be organised through the club, one weekend hundreds of bears with their own wee powerwashers would be a grand site, turn into an epic water fight though lol

Everyone of us would help with the clean up, surely this can be organised through the club, one weekend hundreds of bears with their own wee powerwashers would be a grand site, turn into an epic water fight though lol

Im no handyman but I’ve just Kerchered my patio and monoblock and it’s came up great . I’m confident I could make a great job of the dugout and surrounds in front of the enclosures where all the horrible moss is growing .

Unless buttons were used as currency for payment to the marketing company, then your use of literally is misplaced.

There is literally hundreds of odd jobs in and around Ibrox which the money would be better served on, in my opinion.
And I’m willing to bet you that every single one of them gets sorted before the new season ends.

As i said, in the grand scheme it, this is pennies.

They look better in person than the photos

Not much, I saw it today. If it’s in its final position it’s probably not going to last long without being defaced.

I’m not going to get hysterical over it but can’t help thinking the money could’ve been better spent.

I don’t like them at all, but I do feel a bit shite for the guy who’s company put them up. He’s taking absolute pelters on twitter for it. Bang out imo the guy is just trying to earn some money and he’s probably feeling shite at all the abuse over his work. I’d wager that because he’s doing work for us he’s probably a Rangers fan as well.

I don’t like them at all, but I do feel a bit shite for the guy who’s company put them up. He’s taking absolute pelters on twitter for it. Bang out imo the guy is just trying to earn some money and he’s probably feeling shite at all the abuse over his work. I’d wager that because he’s doing work for us he’s probably a Rangers fan as well.
Macrae is 100% a huge fan and a backer of the club. He shouldn't really be taking the abuse. If somebody wants to criticize (and I have as I'm not a big fan of the banner) then it should probably be aimed elsewhere.

The guy who has done it has locked his account.

For me the actual banner isn’t bad in itself.

The surroundings look terrible. If the brickwork looked presentable than maybe the banner would as well.

Back