New Interview with Stewart Robertson

Thought it was an excellent interview, really about about the 6 months strategic adjustments and looking continually for best practice around us.

Excellent interview
Doing a good job
Wonder if there will be a AGM where shareholders can attend this year

Hopefully Stewart will be discussing board plans to make Ibrox bigger

From that I can understand the reasons for the fee the club is charging the media for access to players and managers.
It is the tipping point.
The legacy media are no longer viewed as an asset where the quid pro quo between club and exposure is a worthwhile and mutually beneficial trade-off
That Rangers with the toxicity of the Scottish media in their reporting of our club have reached this evaluation sooner than others, should be of no surprise.
The exposure (often dishonest and negative) obtained for free is no longer of commercial benefit to Rangers as a business, the tipping point has been reached.
So why not charge the cvunts?
There is now little to lose in losing the press.

The club’s position re media access is sound but wouldn’t it have been sensible to have released a short statement?

This would have undermined all the critical comments aimed at Rangers over the past fortnight.

Great to hear the commercial revenues are increasing. Under the old spiv lot many of the income streams were being castrated by onerous contracts given to their 'pals'. Delighted Bisgrove and his team are doing a great job.

Superb interview. Enjoyed that.

Even Stewart Robertson’s detractors would find it difficult to disagree with anything he said there.

I couldnt get past the first two minutes. I feel sorry for him as he's so uncomfortable in these interviews.

Seinfeld said the two things people fear most is death and public speaking. Of these two public speaking is worse. He said at funerals most people would rather be in the coffin than do the eulogy.

Funny but true.

I couldnt get past the first two minutes. I feel sorry for him as he's so uncomfortable in these interviews.

Seinfeld said the two things people fear most is death and public speaking. Of these two public speaking is worse. He said at funerals most people would rather be in the coffin than do the eulogy.

Funny but true.
I think he does sound nervous but surely the message he gave must be reassuring?

Funny but true.

Watch it in its entirety, it’s good. He’s not overly comfortable but then Nick isn’t a brilliant interviewer and it’s being broadcast to hundreds of thousands who are hanging on to every word.

What he delivers is excellent, even if the delivery itself isn’t.

I think he does sound nervous but surely the message he gave must be reassuring?

Im sure it was. A lot of posters have given it top marks. Good to hear but I dont enjoy these interviews by players or staff. Having said that I do like listening to Gerrard. He talks with the confidence that comes from being successful, articulate and intelligent.

Watch it in its entirety, it’s good. He’s not overly comfortable but then Nick isn’t a brilliant interviewer and it’s being broadcast to hundreds of thousands who are hanging on to every word.

What he delivers is excellent, even if the delivery itself isn’t.

I'll give it another go, honest.

Honestly though, seems convenient - the club got heavily criticised over charging media/how friendlies were handled and he does an interview full of sound bites and people lap it up

There’s so many issues at the club needing sorted, I’d rather the MD gets a strategy in place to sort basic things than sit infront of in-house media like some propaganda release
Did you actually listen to the interview? I didn’t hear him saying things were perfect...and I also heard the word strategy more than once. Are you unhappy with the Club’s direction of travel? Or do you just think after the utterly broken state our Club was in, it can all be sorted in 6 years?! Do you understand budgetary constraints and prioritisation?

Excellent interview.

Explains perfectly what the club's priorities and targets are and certainly didn't miss the SPFL and their underselling of the TV deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened there, good interview imo , being honest that things can improve and will take time which is fair.

Think people have got to remember the state our club was in and the amount of areas behind the scenes that needed rebuilt.

Did you actually listen to the interview? I didn’t hear him saying things were perfect...and I also heard the word strategy more than once. Are you unhappy with the Club’s direction of travel? Or do you just think after the utterly broken state our Club was in, it can all be sorted in 6 years?! Do you understand budgetary constraints and prioritisation?
Appreciate we’ve come a long way but it’s still basic stuff that’s letting us down.

Customer service is appalling; the communications are woeful and riddled with errors, front-end departments littered with incompetent people doing a terrible job and it’s the same complaints we’ve had for years

I accept the cosmetic stuff like concourses/seats/safe standing might not be viable but I’d have expected improvements in other areas by now, yes

I’ve previously given Stewart a lot of grief (rightly I think at times)
But you can’t question his enthusiasm and determination to get things done.

His explanation of the media charge is superb, clear and concise and makes sure to state we won’t be backing down from it.

Appreciate we’ve come a long way but it’s still basic stuff that’s letting us down.

Customer service is appalling; the communications are woeful and riddled with errors, front-end departments littered with incompetent people doing a terrible job and it’s the same complaints we’ve had for years

I accept the cosmetic stuff like concourses/seats/safe standing might not be viable but I’d have expected improvements in other areas by now, yes
To be fair mate he did say that over the next 12 months customer service will be at the forefront of our improvements

To be fair mate he did say that over the next 12 months customer service will be at the forefront of our improvements
My point is, it’s been happening for years. A wee soundbite saying it’s going to improve seems convenient after the friendlies/mygers/hospitality comms mess there’s been this summer

Less propaganda interviews and actually do something about it. Starting with a mass clear out in the ticket office

Honestly though, seems convenient - the club got heavily criticised over charging media/how friendlies were handled and he does an interview full of sound bites and people lap it up

There’s so many issues at the club needing sorted, I’d rather the MD gets a strategy in place to sort basic things than sit infront of in-house media like some propaganda release
We've come a hell of a long way m8, as you say not everything's is perfect, but given the scum who dragged our club through the gutter, I think Robertson and the rest of the board are doing a great job. Maybe give the guy a bit of credit??

Good interview, we really are moving our club to a modernised institution, by the sounds of him we will not stand by and pat ourselves in the back, 55 is done now and lets move on..I do hope we don't get complacent like the tims.
As for Old Firm games the SPL need to sell these games more, I've stood and watched Rangers v Celtc games in cities like London, Manchester, Plymouth, Liverpool and various resorts in Spain and there are a big interest in these games outwith Scotland.

Reactions: fmp
What are the end dates for the current sfa / spl tv deals anyone know ?
Sounds like that is a primary revenue they need to attack ASAP
SPFL Premiership deal is until 2024/25 - 48 games shown on Sky Sports

SPFL League Cup is until 2026/27 - upto 16 games recently extended as part of the sponsorship deal for the League Cup by Premier Sports

While Stewart had no say on the Scottish FA Scottish Cup that is until 2023/24 Premier Sports & BBC Scotland

Very clever way to broach how shit the SPFL are. Underselling the league and their poor governance and lack of strategy to improve the league. I like Robertson.

Over the seasons I've seen suggestions that Lawwell/MacLennan cabal were deliberately underselling and not seeking good sponsorship. (Celtc would be in Champions League, everyone else fighting for SPFL scraps)
I've never understood this, was it just to make it harder for us to get income and delay our comeback?
Thankfully Gerrards amazing European runs have been lucrative.
I hope Robertson can change it from within but as he constantly says, he needs other clubs to want change.

My point is, it’s been happening for years. A wee soundbite saying it’s going to improve seems convenient after the friendlies/mygers/hospitality comms mess there’s been this summer

Less propaganda interviews and actually do something about it. Starting with a mass clear out in the ticket office
I’ve no idea about the competence of the staff in the ticket office and I assume neither have you. They have always struck me as very hard working but hamstrung by the tools at their disposal. That is clearly recognised by the Club per Stewart’s interview, as is the need for improvement in the full fan/customer interface. However, implementing appropriate systems and infrastructure doesn’t come cheap if you want to do it properly. Be in no doubt this Board and Management team want everything done properly and to the highest viable standards. They are Rangers fans like you and me, and personally I’m glad they prioritised winning our 55th title over ‘fixing’ the ticket office/comms issues. That will come when they believe the time is right and our other priorities and finances permit.

I’ve no idea about the competence of the staff in the ticket office and I assume neither have you. They have always struck me as very hard working but hamstrung by the tools at their disposal. That is clearly recognised by the Club per Stewart’s interview, as is the need for improvement in the full fan/customer interface. However, implementing appropriate systems and infrastructure doesn’t come cheap if you want to do it properly. Be in no doubt this Board and Management team want everything done properly and to the highest viable standards. They are Rangers fans like you and me, and personally I’m glad they prioritised winning our 55th title over ‘fixing’ the ticket office/comms issues. That will come when they believe the time is right and our other priorities and finances permit.
I’ve seen ticket office incompetence first hand and it was human error in 19/20 season which seen away CCCS members getting Aberdeen away despite already having had Hearts

So yes, I know fine well how incompetent they are

One thing I would like the club to clarify is the position in regards to safe standing.

I know there is a lot going on but we really need to get a move on with this.

Re the media - don't get how anyone could listen to that and say that the clubs position is not fair.

Other clubs will follow suit.
Not worth the investment as it is still 1 for 1 here. Until something changes where you can have 2 fans per 1 seat, then you are pretty much wasting money swapping seats for standing rails.

SPFL Premiership deal is until 2024/25 - 48 games shown on Sky Sports

SPFL League Cup is until 2026/27 - upto 16 games recently extended as part of the sponsorship deal for the League Cup by Premier Sports

While Stewart had no say on the Scottish FA Scottish Cup that is until 2023/24 Premier Sports & BBC Scotland
Thank you .

that is long term failure on every front isn’t it

If I made basic errors continuously I’d either get out on an improvement plan or be performance managed
And you know neither is happening/has previously happened? If you’re aiming your criticism at the manager, you are getting very personal with, I assume, insufficient knowledge of all the facts and circumstances surrounding the operation?

Not worth the investment as it is still 1 for 1 here. Until something changes where you can have 2 fans per 1 seat, then you are pretty much wasting money swapping seats for standing rails.
As you say We would be paying to install railings in a section fans stand in already. Don’t get why it’s such a priority to so many

And you know neither is happening/has previously happened? If you’re aiming your criticism at the manager, you are getting very personal with, I assume, insufficient knowledge of all the facts and circumstances surrounding the operation?
I know enough about the people that run the ticket office to know they don’t act fairly or consistently but that’s not for a public forum. So yes, there’s definitely more to it that I’d never share on here

Back