New items on Rangers Shop Online

Why would you be delighted to bin castore after they’ve got us free from sports direct and are making top top quality gear????

Can’t beleive this is even getting discussed
Gramps , Castore are signed up with us purely because they think they will make money out of it. They did not look at us and think "poor Rangers we better save them from Sports Direct". They may be making good gear but it's purely a commercial opportunity to them.And it should be exactly the same to us. If they perform we work with them, if they don't we go to someone who will. <

Not sure why people are saying Castore helped us rid ourselves of Ashley?

That’s not true, or remotely related to the poor service to date.

Ashley’s contract expired. We went out to tender.

Castore seems a really impressive brand, but their overall delivery doesn’t match their sales pitch, yet.

I hope they have it sorted for Xmas, let alone the 150th anniversary.

Can I ask why? Nike produce generic template pish

Nike designers drew from 65 chassis options this year and most of their kits are varied; they plan on doing even more next season. I'm also sure you're aware that Castore outsourced our kit design to a freelancer who has worked with other sports brands in the past.

Given where retail is headed and the dire prognosis for small to mid-sized businesses, I'd be amazed if Castore are still around in five years time. But that's for a different thread.

it does look good but the whole point of buying it really is to wear our merchandise..
uploading a pic from my phone on here is harder than bone surgery
Seems a few folk being delivered orders with letters missing from logos, no logo at all, names on back of shirts that weren’t ordered -or the opposite, blue home shorts ordered but white ones delivered. It must be Hermes and the pandemics fault that there’s folk that work In a warehouse for castore that aren’t capable of properly checking someone’s order before it’s sent for delivery.

Nike designers drew from 65 chassis options this year and most of their kits are varied; they plan on doing even more next season. I'm also sure you're aware that Castore outsourced our kit design to a freelancer who has worked with other sports brands
Given where retail is headed and the dire prognosis for small to mid-sized businesses, I'd be amazed if Castore are still around in five years time. But that's for a different thread.

Prepare to be amazed.

Nike designers drew from 65 chassis options this year and most of their kits are varied; they plan on doing even more next season. I'm also sure you're aware that Castore outsourced our kit design to a freelancer who has worked with other sports brands in the past.

Castore is primarily a high end brand, and as such may well survive. The deal with us is a departure from their normal business model. It’s clear they are breaking new ground there and don’t have the infrastructure in place to deal with the volume. However, the worst case for them is they contract back to their original High end model.

Mate there guaranteed to sell out.
These prices are the norm.

To be fair the rangers branded hoody is cheaper than their own, i had my eye on the non rangers branded one when the announcement was made, im sure it was £105.00 and the rangers one is £65.00. Cant really complain at £25.00 for a training top also, I expected worse.

Last edited:
Theres people now ordering and getting delivery in under 48 hours.

They made a complete mess of the failed orders. Their response to customers was not appropriate. They were not prepared for failure , clearly had no experience in dealing with the situation its a complete oversight on their part not to expect warehouse / courier fails.

You got £25 voucher if that happened and 2 weeks hassle plus money out your account.

The actual stuff is great. Delighted with it.

They have managed to roll out hundreds of thousands of items during a pandemic.

They were already stretching to achieve it without a pandemic.

The labels on the stuff shows its been made in China Portugal Turkey and Vietnam.

Theyve admitted to paying for private planes to get stock into the country.

Other than poor customer service, theyve delivered as best they can. They thought to pay private planes but not improved customer services.

You want to complain about queuing to get into Ibrox, what exactly would you like them and the club to do during a pandemic.

You want to complain about £170 for a hoodie. Its their showpiece item designed for elite athletes. Due to demand they stuck a Rangers badge on it.

Rangers will be delighted with the money which also increases once we go through various thresholds sold. Thats why we signed it.

Gymshark has just received investment from General Atlantic that values the business at £1bn. General Atlantic won a competitive process having done months of DD ahead of making the investment, including significant research into the “athleisure wear” market which is expected to continue to grow, in fact accelerated by COVID-19 and people taking up fitness activities they hadn’t previously.

Castore are targeting the premium market, which further insulates it from the dire prognosis of middle income and high street retail and received significant investment themselves late last year. I’m pretty confident they’ll be around in 5 years. Whether they achieve their ambitions is another thing, but they’ve got backing behind them and a few partnerships of iconic status to help drive revenue and brand awareness.

Gymshark has just received investment from General Atlantic that values the business at £1bn. General Atlantic won a competitive process having done months of DD ahead of making the investment, including significant research into the “athleisure wear” market which is expected to continue to grow, in fact accelerated by COVID-19 and people taking up fitness activities they hadn’t previously.

Castore are targeting the premium market, which further insulates it from the dire prognosis of middle income and high street retail and received significant investment themselves late last year. I’m pretty confident they’ll be around in 5 years. Whether they achieve their ambitions is another thing, but they’ve got backing behind them and a few partnerships of iconic status to help drive revenue and brand awareness.

Castore says it's a sportswear disruptor brand that ultimately wants to compete with PUMA, adidas and Nike, not Gymshark, Lululemon and Outdoor Voices. If there is any brand to compare them to it would probably be an upstart like UAA, a premium subline from Under Armour (can't remember if it's still going), or Nike NSW, a more style orientated range from Nike which petered out fairly quickly. Both were launched with more or less the same mission statement as Castore's. Come to think of it, you could say Under Armour as a company is a pertinent cautionary tale — a brand that initially excelled in the premium sportswear space before spreading itself too thin and misreading its audience. It has not been doing too hot at all in recent times (on a relative level).

COVID-19 saw a boom in athleisure and I imagine it would have been a pretty fruitful time for Castore, for several reasons (low physical overheads, digital natives). Whether this represents a permanent shift in consumer mindset I'm not so sure. Predicting what our needs will be a year from now is impossible.

Tangentially speaking, I'm fascinated to see how Castore intend on establishing themselves with a lesser quality product (in terms of manufacturing) in the competitive sports space without damaging brand equity. For example, someone above mentioned that the labels state that the item was made in China, Portugal Turkey and Vietnam, which more than likely means it was mostly made in Asia with the final details applied in Europe — I'm assuming that's a different manufacturing process from their established line (I'll caveat this by saying it could have been down to factory and supply issues because of lockdown). That their logo can be found in both Sports Direct and Mr. Porter is almost odd to me. Juggling sports product aimed at the mass market while trying to appeal to the luxury consumer is not an enviable task. Not least for a tiny company trying their hand at it the former for the first time.

Last edited:
Maybe just using the stock to fulfil the online orders.

I can’t imagine the Liverpool market is a hot bed for us right now. We would be better served sorting the current demand than feed any growth at present.

It’s more because they advertised that they would have it and don’t.

I had the navy hoodie in my basket but is sold out at checkout. Still doing this since last night.

Been late to the online browsing but there is hardly any women gear in the Castore merch when I looked last night. Were they all sold out or never available? Very disappointing if the latter. Anyone ITK can shed some light?

Not sure why people are saying Castore helped us rid ourselves of Ashley?

That’s not true, or remotely related to the poor service to date.

Ashley’s contract expired. We went out to tender.

Castore seems a really impressive brand, but their overall delivery doesn’t match their sales pitch, yet.

I hope they have it sorted for Xmas, let alone the 150th anniversary.

Because they were willing to structure a deal that Ashley couldn’t match.

Back