New kit retailer - dont laugh

If we want visibility at the airport then it might be worthwhile doing a deal with one of the existing airport retailers to get a section with shirts and a few other bits of select merchandise. Or if there is space and it is cost effective then a pop up shop somewhere in departures might work.

Would it be that crazy to have a few pages in an argos catalogue that people could order from in the store in any store in britain?
Obviously would be better to have our own shops(is it worth the financial outlay) or maybe even a section in stores like debenhams like another poster suggested.

Asos would be a good shout they do next day delivery and returns are pretty straight forward you can do it all off an app on your phone as well

Z7xTik

Last edited:
Would it be that crazy to have a few pages in an argos catalogue that people could order from in the store in any store in britain?
Obviously would be better to have our own shops(is it worth the financial outlay) or maybe even a section in stores like debenhams like another poster suggested.
Dont think we could fill every Argos with stock (nationwide at least), but selected stores? don't see why not. In fact the more you think if it, don't know why Argos aren't already involved with multiple football clubs across the country. Argos Shoot ... see I've even renamed these new soccer merchandise hubs for them :D

Slightly off topic, but if I can borrow the op’s tin helmet then in terms of a retail store of our own what I’d like to see is this:

Rent a large city centre space near a subway station.

Create a combined “Rangers Hub”. This would be a combination of ticket office, retail store, cafe/sports bar and museum/ interactive Rangers experience.

We use each facet to sell the others.

So, e.g. you are going to the ticket office. Instead of a waiting in a physical queue outside in the rain, you take a number and are then free to spend some time in the Rangers cafe/ sports bar or wander through the shop or displayed memorabilia and interactive displays.

Of course if you see anything of interest then we can create your own custom memorabilia, t-shirts etc for purchase.

You can also access the retail, ticket and interactive parts of the museum from the bar. All the content of Rangers tv is also available to access in the bar so you can have a beer watching classic games of your choosing.

We also sell tickets for Ibrox tours - that and the selling of tickets up to game time is the reason for the subway location. The memorabilia in the museum serves as a taster for the tour and we rotate the items on display at the hub plus another one at Ibrox that replaces the superstore to keep it fresh.

I’d also like to include a Rangers “crèche” so folk can dump kids whilst shopping. Whilst the parents are shopping we get to indoctrinate their kids to being bears not EPL or la liga fans.

I’m sure we could create some sort of interactive Rangers “golf bar” for kids. (or big kids) E.g. running down a virtual tunnel to a players eye/ear view of the noise/spectacle of an old firm game, measuring how hard you can put a penalty passed a video Wes Foderingham, football skills challenges, and so on.

I’d have Rangers quizzes/ puzzles, Rangers digital selfies where you can be pasted into digital images etc.

In the bar we do events minimum of weekly: Rangers Q&As, book signings etc.We partner up with 3rd parties eg the Founders Trail who can pick up from the hub and Rangers sell extra tickets, or have Heart and Hand live pods or whatever.... Anything that promotes the Rangers family and creates a vibe is good. One thing I’d like to try would be to have a mixed Q&A / classic game evening: so perhaps you get Brian Laudrup to do a Q&A and then have the Laudrup cup final shown as live in big screens in the bar. Let’s not be afraid to experiment - there’s a market out there who probably don’t know exactly what they want but they want something Rangers related.

I think something like this gives us more of a visual presence, maximises our physical retail revenue, adds some value to operations like ticketing, creates a proper Rangers bar/ meeting area in the city centre (are beam backs still allowed?), dips our toe in the museum game without it being a financial white elephant.

I’d also offer space for club 1872 to run their operation from here rent free and allow them to woo new members whilst providing a visible place they can communicate with existing share holders.

In essence I want to create a city centre home for the Rangers community where there is always something happening, so if a Rangers fan is in town with nothing to do this becomes the natural point to gravitate towards. And if you’re a visitor to the city centre looking to kill time then this becomes the liveliest, most interesting way to spend it. And if we can hook the visitor - so much the better. I’ll happily take their money but I’d much rather have their souls

Next stop my hotel and leisure complex annex....

Back