New Kit Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prod Wallace

The Macron rumour came from here. It wasnt even a rumour, it was a suggestion.

Two pages of that thread later and it was getting used verbatim as the clubs next supplier.

It might be, but the rumour started on here and wasnt based on anything other than a posters suggestion.

Broxibear1873

Don't care who makes it if it's shite I'll still buy it to give the club financial support some of our Support are embarrassing bordering on pathetic if your not willing to wear a shitty brand badge on one side of your shirt to help the glorious RFC badge on the other side then you seriously need to re-evaluate which team you support
Post of the thread. As long as it has our badge on it am all in!!!

Loyal Soldier

As long as the club secures the best possible deal that’s all that matters. Hopefully we can get out of the current retail mess before a new deal is done.

Oso de españa

I don’t mind Macron, they are an up and coming company who do bespoke kits for all of their teams rather than put out lazy template kits like Adidas or Nike.
I agree, some of the Macron kits have been decent looking. Not sure about the quality of them and their availability. Macron are making decent kits for Dundee at the moment, especially the third kit commemorating the black watch.

I'd be very happy with them.

Stu69

The quality of macron glasgow/scotland rugby gear is poor. Don’t wash well stitching in places come apart and shortages of kit in second half of last season for warriors gear. If your a 2xl normally you would need to buy a 4xl.

Oso de españa

The quality of macron glasgow/scotland rugby gear is poor. Don’t wash well stitching in places come apart and shortages of kit in second half of last season for warriors gear. If your a 2xl normally you would need to buy a 4xl.
Well that's my argument fecked!!

Cuparman

I agree, some of the Macron kits have been decent looking. Not sure about the quality of them and their availability. Macron are making decent kits for Dundee at the moment, especially the third kit commemorating the black watch.

I'd be very happy with them.
I bought Macron gear from the Monaco club shop while on holiday a few years back, the quality was poor.

SasaPapacLoyal54

If it's macron, it's macron.

I remember people saying similar things about Hummel and they have been pretty good with their gear imo.

We ain't going to get an Adidas or Nike with Ashley hanging about.

That fat pig is fecking us over.

StirlingBear

Another problem in the end who ever we partner with better have a good distribution company unless the club are going to do that part on their own. Look what happened with hummel who used elite. Ashley was able to just get elite to partner with him and screw us over.

Brian Laudrup

Official Ticketer
I love these threads,people losing their shit about certain brands,if its macron then its macron but what is important is who goes inside the shirt not what supplier supplies it

cooprfc

I love these threads,people losing their shit about certain brands,if its macron then its macron but what is important is who goes inside the shirt not what supplier supplies it
If Macron pay the most money, and it means we are rid of the fat slug, then it can be Macron for all I care!

GM_Punk

Be happy with whoever pays us the most cash! Preference? Everyone would like one of the big two. But I’d be happy with Umbro again. They made some fantastic kits for us!

MarkWalters11

If it is Macron then I would be ok with that.
The Lazio shirt made by Macron with the waves is one of the nicest tops I have seen

mart22

Another important thing a lot of people are overlooking is retail. Retail is where is the money is. Our retail partner will require a global presence to serve our global fan base. The retail partner also needs well established electronic trading capable of integrating with our new online shop, and supplying demand generated by it.
Macron have an online store, but I don't know how far their supply chain goes. It'd have to reach customers worldwide, and find its way into bricks and mortar stores.

Davieblue

Hummel could never keep up with demand and I’m not too sure if macron could??
Could never get anything other than the kits for my boy. Tried for long enough for the tracksuits eventually got a training top with no bottoms

OrigTommy

Do they pay more money than an Adidas or Nike and can they handle the volume and quantity that the Rangers support demand.

I don't care about a lazy template. I care about money, quality and performance.

Hummel quality was garbage and they couldn't deliver what was required for one of the biggest supports in football.
Nobody will want to touch us with a bargepole.

If you align with RFC, you immediately create an enemy with the biggest sportswear retailer in UK. He can then either make life tough for your business, or go the opposite way with a divide and strategy which he likely did with Hummel (look out for their products filling Sports Direct soon).

The big players don’t have time for this nonsense. The medium size don’t want to alienate Ashley.

We’re dealing with those at the very bottom and we don’t really have a choice.

OrigTommy

Hummel could never keep up with demand and I’m not too sure if macron could??
Could never get anything other than the kits for my boy. Tried for long enough for the tracksuits eventually got a training top with no bottoms
The first thing that’s going to happen when we get a new kit supplier is that Ashley will hit them with a cease and desist order.

They thus won’t want to have a lot of stock on hand with the risk it creates for them.

We need to accept that kit availability, working with big brands etc is a pipe dream. We are toxic thanks to Ashley and until we find a way out we’re stuck in this cycle.

In Walter We Trust

If you align with RFC, you immediately create an enemy with the biggest sportswear retailer in UK. He can then either make life tough for your business, or go the opposite way with a divide and strategy which he likely did with Hummel (look out for their products filling Sports Direct soon).

The big players don’t have time for this nonsense. The medium size don’t want to alienate Ashley.

unless a deal is agreed with SD to go our separate ways, which I doubt. Then SD will be the matching partner. If it is them so be it. This cannot be allowed to go on. It really is up to SD , do they have the appetite to continue this , the ball is in there court imo.

OrigTommy

If it's macron, it's macron.

I remember people saying similar things about Hummel and they have been pretty good with their gear imo.

We ain't going to get an Adidas or Nike with Ashley hanging about.

That fat pig is fecking us over.
I haven’t seen this mentioned, but would King’s departure assist us with the Ashley issue?

It’s clearly a personal grudge so if King is out the picture will Ashley be easier to deal with?

Maybe it’s wishful thinking.

OrigTommy

unless a deal is agreed with SD to go our separate ways, which I doubt. Then SD will be the matching partner. If it is them so be it. This cannot be allowed to go on. It really is up to SD , do they have the appetite to continue this , the ball is in there court imo.
Look at the history of Ashley, what he did to Dave Whelan etc. When he gets a grudge he acts out of spite even if it doesn’t make financial sense for him.

Ashley’s goal seems to be to destroy us, they way he has aimed and successes in destroying some of his competition.

He has no intention of working with us, just making our life difficult.

mart22

You're getting a lot of things wrong here. Sports Direct are not the biggest sports retailer in the UK. And Sports Direct will have no influence on the performance of our new retail supplier. I'm not sure how you thought they could?
Rangers retail contract is worth millions. It's still desirable to a lot of suppliers.

In Walter We Trust

Look at the history of Ashley, what he did to Dave Whelan etc. When he gets a grudge he acts out of spite even if it doesn’t make financial sense for him.

Ashley’s goal seems to be to destroy us, they way he has aimed and successes in destroying some of his competition.

He has no intention of working with us, just making our life difficult.
Unfortunately the court says different

In Walter We Trust

You're getting a lot of things wrong here. Sports Direct are not the biggest sports retailer in the UK. And Sports Direct will have no influence on the performance of our new retail supplier. I'm not sure how you thought they could?
Rangers retail contract is worth millions. It's still desirable to a lot of suppliers.
Matching rights ?

mart22

The first thing that’s going to happen when we get a new kit supplier is that Ashley will hit them with a cease and desist order.

They thus won’t want to have a lot of stock on hand with the risk it creates for them.

We need to accept that kit availability, working with big brands etc is a pipe dream. We are toxic thanks to Ashley and until we find a way out we’re stuck in this cycle.
Ashley will have to decide if he can match our new deal. He won't, and Sports Direct will disappear in our rear view mirror.

OrigTommy

I certainly hope I’m wrong here but I don’t share your optimism.

Ashley won’t simply go away from this and leave us alone.

As a club, I don’t believe we’re desirable at this moment. We’ve got a hell of a lot of baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.