New Kit Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we can get a company that will allow a more bespoke kit akin to Hummel. The previous Puma one was from a catalogue whereby you can pick everything iirc.

Hummel could never keep up with demand and I’m not too sure if macron could??
Could never get anything other than the kits for my boy. Tried for long enough for the tracksuits eventually got a training top with no bottoms
According to their own website Macron have 230 employees...Rangers probably have more folk selling pies on a Saturday.

Y

Hopefully could be doing with some good news!!
I’d guess Adidas, was it not between them and Hummel before we eventually went with Hummel?
After dealing with the poets no chance hopefully Nike to renew the big rivalry between the big two brands but would love under armour or asics for something different

Hopefully we can get a company that will allow a more bespoke kit akin to Hummel. The previous Puma one was from a catalogue whereby you can pick everything iirc.

I'll take a name, quality sportswear and the ability to supply to the whole Rangers supports when required over anything bespoke. The smaller companies who come up with bespoke kits don't have what it takes to supply a support like Rangers - nor will they pay much more than the bigger names.

Umbro, Under Armour, Nike or Adidas. That's who we should be looking to team up with.

After dealing with the poets no chance hopefully Nike to renew the big rivalry between the big two brands but would love under armour or asics for something different

Maybe adidas fancy monopolising the market for the old firm jerseys. Can't boycott adidas if the your own team are sponsored by them etc.

Wouldn't mind adidas, but if not then the Tims are welcome to them. Adidas made our kits when they were at their peak for making iconic kits.

I'd happily take Umbro. Would be great to get some of those old retro kits from the 80s sold with the Umbro logo on them

We are missing a trick, surely the gaffers SGG Apparel could run up some strips?
Got a long sleeved polo and it is very nice stuff

Maybe adidas fancy monopolising the market for the old firm jerseys. Can't boycott adidas if the your own team are sponsored by them etc.

Wouldn't mind adidas, but if not then the Tims are welcome to them. Adidas made our kits when they were at their peak for making iconic kits.

I'd happily take Umbro. Would be great to get some of those old retro kits from the 80s sold with the Umbro logo on them

That Umbro ‘rugby top’ thing from about 10 years ago was a shocker.

The next supplier who has a free run of selling kit without the fat slug being involved will want to keep us forever due to number of kit sold.

Apparently we were very close to going with Under Armour last time round (From an employee, not sure how reputable) I haven't heard them mentioned this time though?

at this stage i think half of those who watch the SDI threads would absolutely bite your hand off for umbro. the question is, does he have any shares in Umbro? if not, does he have considerable buying power with them, i.e. could they be bullied into not dealing with us?

Ashley appears to have 8.6% of shares in Iconix, parent company of Umbro.

My personal experience of Macron is poor, but I’m not sure if that is down to them or the Scottish rugby union. The retailer is key.

• In terms of website, if you filter by size, it doesn’t work and brings back all sizes
  • In terms of size availability, it was absolutely dreadful from day 1
  • Sizing was hugely inconsistent
  • If you bought directly from Macron, Italian postage charges were extortionate
We’re once again in a crap position from a kit supplier perspective. But I’d hope for better than I’ve experienced with Macron.

I’m glad I’m of an age where the logo/brand of our kit supplier is no longer something I get overly concerned about. Very simple for me - 1) who can give Rangers the most money, 2) who can provide the supply to meet the demand of the worldwide support and 3) who can deliver quality kit that doesn’t fall apart? If all 3 of those questions are answered positively then I’m good with that. Adidas, Nike, Umbro, Macron, Under Armour, Coq Sportif etc etc. Whoever. The logo is less important than those questions. Oh, question number 4) who isn’t under the villainous control of Ashley and his acolytes?

I'll take a name, quality sportswear and the ability to supply to the whole Rangers supports when required over anything bespoke. The smaller companies who come up with bespoke kits don't have what it takes to supply a support like Rangers - nor will they pay much more than the bigger names.

Umbro, Under Armour, Nike or Adidas. That's who we should be looking to team up with.

You mention Adidas,Nike etc but I thought Hummel provided a quality kit variety imo.

I think we'll be alright with that, I'm sure I read that as of this season they'll only be creating tops with their wee arrow logo.

I heard it was Adidas maybe a month ago from someone that's got a lot of things right over the years.Was told it was a double deal with them.
The fact they announced their deal and we're still no further forward by looks of it means it was probably wrong info this time.

Apparently we were very close to going with Under Armour last time round (From an employee, not sure how reputable) I haven't heard them mentioned this time though?

under armour have been scaling back their involvement in football, they’ve ended a bunch of deals early with clubs like Aston Villa and Recife.

You mention Adidas,Nike etc but I thought Hummel provided a quality kit variety imo.

Second seasons home kit was good. First seasons was gash!

Besides the quality aspect, it’s about being able to supply the demand. Hummel were so far off the pace it was unbelievable.

My son had all three kits. But couldn’t ever get the socks for one kit or the shorts for another. Couldn’t get the bottoms for the tracksuit for love nor money.

Hummel really were a let down in that regard.

I heard it was Adidas maybe a month ago from someone that's got a lot of things right over the years.Was told it was a double deal with them.
The fact they announced their deal and we're still no further forward by looks of it means it was probably wrong info this time.

Aye maybe wasn't correct, but the tims don't have the same legal parameters we do. They can simply go from one supplier to another when a deal ends. God knows how difficult it is for us to change from one to another with this Ashley stuff.

Suppose we will see in time.

Fancying one of those Fiorentina shirts. Any idea how Le Coq Sportif stuff fits?
I tried on the Fiorentina shirt in the clubs shop in Florence and their sizing is similar to Macron (L, XL, XXL etc is based on your height...not your girth!). You really need to go 2 or 3 sizes up unless you are built like a Greek statue.
Le Coq also do the French rugby shirt which is a belter too.
65734.jpg

I would be over the moon if it was New Balance. Good brand, excellent clothing and smart designs. With the exception of Nike etc they would be by far the best we can hope for. Fingers crossed.

If its Joma, Macron etc we would once again look like we are about to play in thebpaiskey and district on a saturday. Our aims and standards should be much much higher.

I would be over the moon if it was New Balance. Good brand, excellent clothing and smart designs. With the exception of Nike etc they would be by far the best we can hope for. Fingers crossed.

If its Joma, Macron etc we would once again look like we are about to play in thebpaiskey and district on a saturday. Our aims and standards should be much much higher.

Our aims and standards should be whoever is willing to pay us the most money to be official kit supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back