New Kit Suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another problem in the end who ever we partner with better have a good distribution company unless the club are going to do that part on their own. Look what happened with hummel who used elite. Ashley was able to just get elite to partner with him and screw us over.

I love these threads,people losing their shit about certain brands,if its macron then its macron but what is important is who goes inside the shirt not what supplier supplies it

I love these threads,people losing their shit about certain brands,if its macron then its macron but what is important is who goes inside the shirt not what supplier supplies it

If Macron pay the most money, and it means we are rid of the fat slug, then it can be Macron for all I care!

Be happy with whoever pays us the most cash! Preference? Everyone would like one of the big two. But I’d be happy with Umbro again. They made some fantastic kits for us!

If it is Macron then I would be ok with that.
The Lazio shirt made by Macron with the waves is one of the nicest tops I have seen

Another important thing a lot of people are overlooking is retail. Retail is where is the money is. Our retail partner will require a global presence to serve our global fan base. The retail partner also needs well established electronic trading capable of integrating with our new online shop, and supplying demand generated by it.
Macron have an online store, but I don't know how far their supply chain goes. It'd have to reach customers worldwide, and find its way into bricks and mortar stores.

Hummel could never keep up with demand and I’m not too sure if macron could??
Could never get anything other than the kits for my boy. Tried for long enough for the tracksuits eventually got a training top with no bottoms

Do they pay more money than an Adidas or Nike and can they handle the volume and quantity that the Rangers support demand.

I don't care about a lazy template. I care about money, quality and performance.

Hummel quality was garbage and they couldn't deliver what was required for one of the biggest supports in football.

Nobody will want to touch us with a bargepole.

If you align with RFC, you immediately create an enemy with the biggest sportswear retailer in UK. He can then either make life tough for your business, or go the opposite way with a divide and strategy which he likely did with Hummel (look out for their products filling Sports Direct soon).

The big players don’t have time for this nonsense. The medium size don’t want to alienate Ashley.

We’re dealing with those at the very bottom and we don’t really have a choice.

Hummel could never keep up with demand and I’m not too sure if macron could??
Could never get anything other than the kits for my boy. Tried for long enough for the tracksuits eventually got a training top with no bottoms

The first thing that’s going to happen when we get a new kit supplier is that Ashley will hit them with a cease and desist order.

They thus won’t want to have a lot of stock on hand with the risk it creates for them.

We need to accept that kit availability, working with big brands etc is a pipe dream. We are toxic thanks to Ashley and until we find a way out we’re stuck in this cycle.

If you align with RFC, you immediately create an enemy with the biggest sportswear retailer in UK. He can then either make life tough for your business, or go the opposite way with a divide and strategy which he likely did with Hummel (look out for their products filling Sports Direct soon).

The big players don’t have time for this nonsense. The medium size don’t want to alienate Ashley.

unless a deal is agreed with SD to go our separate ways, which I doubt. Then SD will be the matching partner. If it is them so be it. This cannot be allowed to go on. It really is up to SD , do they have the appetite to continue this , the ball is in there court imo.

If it's macron, it's macron.

I remember people saying similar things about Hummel and they have been pretty good with their gear imo.

We ain't going to get an Adidas or Nike with Ashley hanging about.

That fat pig is fecking us over.

I haven’t seen this mentioned, but would King’s departure assist us with the Ashley issue?

It’s clearly a personal grudge so if King is out the picture will Ashley be easier to deal with?

Maybe it’s wishful thinking.

unless a deal is agreed with SD to go our separate ways, which I doubt. Then SD will be the matching partner. If it is them so be it. This cannot be allowed to go on. It really is up to SD , do they have the appetite to continue this , the ball is in there court imo.

Look at the history of Ashley, what he did to Dave Whelan etc. When he gets a grudge he acts out of spite even if it doesn’t make financial sense for him.

Ashley’s goal seems to be to destroy us, they way he has aimed and successes in destroying some of his competition.

He has no intention of working with us, just making our life difficult.

You're getting a lot of things wrong here. Sports Direct are not the biggest sports retailer in the UK. And Sports Direct will have no influence on the performance of our new retail supplier. I'm not sure how you thought they could?
Rangers retail contract is worth millions. It's still desirable to a lot of suppliers.

Look at the history of Ashley, what he did to Dave Whelan etc. When he gets a grudge he acts out of spite even if it doesn’t make financial sense for him.

Ashley’s goal seems to be to destroy us, they way he has aimed and successes in destroying some of his competition.

He has no intention of working with us, just making our life difficult.
Unfortunately the court says different

You're getting a lot of things wrong here. Sports Direct are not the biggest sports retailer in the UK. And Sports Direct will have no influence on the performance of our new retail supplier. I'm not sure how you thought they could?
Rangers retail contract is worth millions. It's still desirable to a lot of suppliers.
Matching rights ?

The first thing that’s going to happen when we get a new kit supplier is that Ashley will hit them with a cease and desist order.

They thus won’t want to have a lot of stock on hand with the risk it creates for them.

We need to accept that kit availability, working with big brands etc is a pipe dream. We are toxic thanks to Ashley and until we find a way out we’re stuck in this cycle.
Ashley will have to decide if he can match our new deal. He won't, and Sports Direct will disappear in our rear view mirror.

I certainly hope I’m wrong here but I don’t share your optimism.

Ashley won’t simply go away from this and leave us alone.

As a club, I don’t believe we’re desirable at this moment. We’ve got a hell of a lot of baggage.

Ashley will have to decide if he can match our new deal. He won't, and Sports Direct will disappear in our rear view mirror.

Don’t know your post history however I hope you’re informed and correct. Getting shot of Ashley is absolutely critical in terms of the club being able to move forward.

These court cases are not coming to a conclusion anytime soon.

Let's hope it's that simple but I fear, as it is with most things involving the fat man, it won't be.

Who are then?

Nah I reckon they've downed tools mate, no chance they will still be trying to broker deals that will bring in necessary and much needed funds to the club

As long as the club secures the best possible deal that’s all that matters. Hopefully we can get out of the current retail mess before a new deal is done.

I keep hearing this and whilst it’s true, we need to be asking ourselves why are we only getting suitable bids from bargain basement manufacturers like Hummel or potentially macron?

Who is supposed to be selling our cause? Because they got “the best offer that was available” doesn’t mean they’ve got us a good deal for the club. The need to pitch and sell our brand better and higher!

I keep hearing this and whilst it’s true, we need to be asking ourselves why are we only getting suitable bids from bargain basement manufacturers like Hummel or potentially macron?

Who is supposed to be selling our cause? Because they got “the best offer that was available” doesn’t mean they’ve got us a good deal for the club. The need to pitch and sell our brand better and higher!

The answer to that is simple mate unless you've been in a coma for the last 8 years?

Mike Ashley.

Rangers invited tenders from the market. Interested suppliers will bid.
The reality is nobody knows which suppliers are interested. Nobody knows how many bid either.

Umbro for me
at this stage i think half of those who watch the SDI threads would absolutely bite your hand off for umbro. the question is, does he have any shares in Umbro? if not, does he have considerable buying power with them, i.e. could they be bullied into not dealing with us?

can pitch and sell out brand better and higher as much as you like, if we are tangled up in legalities less people will touch us. it's as simple as that.

Eh?

You understand the stranglehold Ashley has on the club since our Umbro contract expired?

We entered into a contract with Hummel with our board of directors saying that the merchandise deal had normalised and Hummel gave us the best offer.

Very recent history would tell us that Ashley is far from gone! Perhaps our board were economical with the truth or were very poorly advised by a legal time. Either way - that is the reason we ended up with the level of Hummel and are ending up starting down the barrel of potentially macron (or rumours are to be true).

No reputable manufacturer will touch us as we appear to be damaged goods. Partially by Ashley and partially by poor/mismanagement of our current board.

RFC & SD contract = end up in court (rightly so but latterly we ended up in court through this current boards mismanagement of renegotiating the contract)

RFC & Elite contract = end up in court

RFC & Hummel contract = terminated early

Any common denominator in all this?

can pitch and sell out brand better and higher as much as you like, if we are tangled up in legalities less people will touch us. it's as simple as that.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Our situation is the very reason why we should be pitching harder than ever before!

Other posts of “we invite tenders and award a contract to the best option” is exactly what we shouldn’t be doing and is an example of accepting mediocrity. We need to do more leg work ourselves and work harder than ever.

Hopefully we are/will.

We entered into a contract with Hummel with our board of directors saying that the merchandise deal had normalised and Hummel gave us the best offer.

Very recent history would tell us that Ashley is far from gone! Perhaps our board were economical with the truth or were very poorly advised by a legal time. Either way - that is the reason we ended up with the level of Hummel and are ending up starting down the barrel of potentially macron (or rumours are to be true).

No reputable manufacturer will touch us as we appear to be damaged goods. Partially by Ashley and partially by poor/mismanagement of our current board.

RFC & SD contract = end up in court (rightly so but latterly we ended up in court through this current boards mismanagement of renegotiating the contract)

RFC & Elite contract = end up in court

RFC & Hummel contract = terminated early

Any common denominator in all this?

Eh? That's my point almost. Except you seem to think it's the boards fault whereas it is clearly a legacy issue with Ashley.

You asked a question as to why we can't get a bigger manufacturer than that. I have you the answer and that answer is the spectre of Ashley hanging over our retail.

I think perhaps the second part of my post addresses your question. Whilst we’re hamstrung by the gluttonous reptile bigger brands are less likely to deal with us. :(

We should get the Govan knitting circle fired up and get those needles going. 50 thousand jerseys 3 colors and all different sizes. Yer on lockdown so no excuses. All profits split between the ladies and Rangers.

The Macron rumour came from here. It wasnt even a rumour, it was a suggestion.

Two pages of that thread later and it was getting used verbatim as the clubs next supplier.

It might be, but the rumour started on here and wasnt based on anything other than a posters suggestion.
No it didn't. It came from an itk account on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back